Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Fisher King 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99
1 day ago
12 Angry Men 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
1 day ago
Romeo and Juliet (Blu-ray)
$21.49
16 hrs ago
Triangle of Sadness 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.54

The Running Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
3 hrs ago
Jet Li Double Feature: The Legend of Fong Sai Yuk 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
15 hrs ago
Secret Admirer (Blu-ray)
$17.99
16 hrs ago
Batman: The Doom That Came to Gotham 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Westworld: Season Four 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

The Seventh Seal 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Red Eye 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

The Lukas Moodysson Collection (Blu-ray)
$69.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Jezza

Conversation Between Jezza and Walts Ghost
Showing Visitor Messages 101 to 110 of 186
  1. Jezza
    08-01-2010 07:09 PM
    Jezza
    Hmmm... I do think 10 episodes fits better for Torchwood, although I'm still very hessitant about the next series.
  2. Walts Ghost
    08-01-2010 06:51 PM
    Walts Ghost
    So Torchwood is going to be 10 episodes this season. That's a good number. Please don't screw it up RTD!
  3. Walts Ghost
    07-28-2010 09:27 AM
    Walts Ghost
    Actually you've got a good point...That's not a bad way of putting it. Oh Lucas, how well I knew your franchise...I've still yet to watch any of the Clone Wars
  4. Jezza
    07-28-2010 09:23 AM
    Jezza
    I think he's a bit like George Lucas; I respect what he does, but sometimes it is just too much (although in my view I think George Lucas has a better understanding of how to make a franchsie work, than RTD.)
  5. Walts Ghost
    07-28-2010 09:19 AM
    Walts Ghost
    Yea he really has. He's really going to run it into the ground. I'm actually glad he left Doctor Who...I would hate to see him do the same thing to our flagship TV show that he's doing to Torchwood
  6. Jezza
    07-28-2010 09:16 AM
    Jezza
    No, he doesn't. He really ought to stop with this season of Torchwood, and Doctor Who altogether. He's done it too long.
  7. Walts Ghost
    07-28-2010 09:04 AM
    Walts Ghost
    You make an excellent point. I also notice that RTD isn't even satisfied with Children of Earth....He says that it should have been at least 3 more episodes. The man really doesn't know when to quite does he...?
  8. Jezza
    07-28-2010 09:00 AM
    Jezza
    The way I would see it is maybe RTD needs to rebrand Torchwood as a seperate show, because it doesn't have many direct ties to Doctor Who anymore. Just look at Children of Earth, it was utterly brilliant, but how many references to Doctor Who was there?
    The one thing I have noticed is that many viewers in the US were unaware that Torchwood was actually a spin-off, so maybe the idea of rebranding Torchwood as a new show is quite a good one.
  9. Walts Ghost
    07-28-2010 08:41 AM
    Walts Ghost
    But that may not be a bad thing, sadly
    If RTD really is set on driving it down into the ground, at least let him do it with "style" Seriously though, kinda mad he seems to be running things he loves into the ground....I don't even know how Torchwood would fit in the DW universe now...It juts doesn't make sense anymore. After everything Moffat did this season, Torchwood is going to be incredibly out of place in the grand scheme of things. SJA actually fits along side DW nicely, but Torchwood just doesn't. I'm holding out hope for Series 4...but it's slim right now
  10. Jezza
    07-28-2010 08:28 AM
    Jezza
    I think it is great to go to other countries, but that it should only last for about four episodes, and the rest in the UK, because this would give it a bit of expansion, without is seeming to go too far away from the original concept.
    I also thought Children of Earth was stunning, an near classic story, and I was really hyped up about it, and it would have been a great way to end Torchwood, especially since RTD was moving on from Doctor Who anyway.