Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Noir Archive - Volume 1: 1944-1954 (Blu-ray)
$36.68

Khrustalyov, My Car! (Blu-ray)
$33.03
14 hrs ago
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99

Halloween III: Season of the Witch (Blu-ray)
$20.99
15 hrs ago
Bumblebee 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Ralph Breaks the Internet (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Predator (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Crazy Rich Asians (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Sorry to Bother You (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Creed II (Blu-ray)
$25.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > AKORIS

Conversation Between AKORIS and in2video2
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 10
  1. in2video2
    02-06-2016 11:06 PM
    in2video2
    You will notice an improvement watching our current 2K Blu-ray discs on a 4K UHD television. I was impressed. We went with the Samsung curved screen with its improved depth perception (without the need for glasses). Reminds me of the Todd-AO and Super Panavision 70mm presentations I grew up with as a kid . Incidentally, the projection screen was a 120 degree screen back in those days. The curve on the television is not as great an arc as that and doesn't need to be to achieve similar results. If the results on 2K Blu-rays look this good, I expect to be blown away by 4K UHD Blu-rays. Enjoy! Worth the investment when the right time comes for you.
  2. AKORIS
    02-05-2016 07:49 PM
    AKORIS
    I just read your comment on having a 4k TV. Can you tell me if the upconversion of current 2k blu rays actually have a noticeable difference? I do not want to replace my collection.... again. But I may eventually buy a 4k player and TV after seeing how sales turn out in the next year. I still cannot believe another disc format is coming out when we still have dvds and 2k blu rays sharing equal space on store shelves!
  3. AKORIS
    04-13-2014 06:05 PM
    AKORIS
    good to hear from you! Yeah, the market is trying to get collector's to upgrade their collections again (I've gone from Beta to VHS to Laserdisc to DVD to Blu!) but I don't think it's going to happen as a mass market again. Downloads are too popular (especially to the younger generation) and at best I think Ultra HD and 4k will be a niche market like laserdisc was. Never say never but I think this will be my last collection of physical media..
  4. in2video2
    04-13-2014 04:59 PM
    in2video2
    Hello, AKORIS. Glad to hear from you again. Slowing down with Blu-ray titles as we've almost caught up with all the old DVDs we purchased so long ago. Just when we catch up they do it to us again! Now it's 4K and UHD! Will it ever stop? Am I going to fall victim to it all again? I'm going to have to give this some serious thought. I do like that UHD curved screen television. Reminds me of the glory days of Todd-AO, Super Panavision 70, Cinerama and Dimension 150. It's just no fair...
  5. AKORIS
    03-28-2014 02:07 AM
    AKORIS
    thought I'd surprise you and say hi. Hope all is going well!
  6. AKORIS
    12-28-2013 04:08 PM
    AKORIS
    Happy Holidays to you as well... nice to hear from you!....I'm not very good at leaving visitor messages but I'll always respond! Take care and say hi anytime!
  7. in2video2
    12-28-2013 06:43 AM
    in2video2
    Hello, AKORIS. All the very best for the Holiday Season for you, your family and friends. May 2014 bring out all the very best in each and every one of us. Take care my friend. Miss your friendship and keeping in touch.
  8. AKORIS
    08-03-2011 12:42 AM
    AKORIS
    dude, this is strange-- i thought that your name seemed familiar-- I had already accepted a friendship request from you on Dec 24th... somehow you were "checked off" on my friends list!! lol anyway, you're back on now!!
  9. AKORIS
    08-03-2011 12:25 AM
    AKORIS
    thanks for the friend request in2video2.. I don't talk much back and forth on these things but it's always good to add another friend-- I see you're a James Bond fan? My avatar is my favorite movie, but the Bond series is my favorite movie series of all time!
  10. in2video2
    12-24-2010 03:02 AM
    in2video2
    Thank you AKORIS for accepting my offer of friendship. Looks like we have a great deal of common interests in our blu-ray collections. Cannot have enough Bond. Which part of the Pacific Northwest are you from?