Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Transformers: The Ultimate Five Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$49.99
17 hrs ago
Back to the Future Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$17.99
9 hrs ago
The UNIVERSAL HORROR COLLECTION: VOLUME 1 (Blu-ray)
$51.40

Pixar Short Films Collection: Volume 3 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
11 hrs ago
Us (Blu-ray)
$23.78
22 hrs ago
Batman / Batman Returns / Batman Forever / Batman & Robin (Blu-ray)
$10.00

Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.16

The Body Snatcher (Blu-ray)
$24.22
3 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible - Fallout (Blu-ray)
$13.00

Swing Time (Blu-ray)
$30.37
18 hrs ago
Mary Poppins Returns (Blu-ray)
$24.99

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Blu-ray)
$26.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Bourne1886

Conversation Between Bourne1886 and pro-bassoonist
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 2 of 2
  1. pro-bassoonist
    07-22-2016 10:13 PM
    pro-bassoonist
    Hello Anthony,

First, thank you for the kind note.

You have very good eyes. Yes, the new transfer definitely has more grain, which is also far better exposed. It could have been better resolved with stronger encoding, or at least some optimizations, but the new release still represents a massive upgrade in quality over the old release. The 4K scan is outstanding.

Anthony, some of the "softness" that you see is a byproduct of the original photography. It is not produced by digital anomalies (I am unsure if this is what you think). Density also fluctuates a bit, but this is how film is sometimes -- somewhat uneven and "softer" in places. Format, camera work, lighting... there is a lot that can affect the final appearance of the film.

Thank you for uploading your review, Anthony. I hope you enjoy the disc.
  2. Bourne1886
    07-22-2016 01:19 PM
    Bourne1886
    Hi,
    Thankyou for your review of Highlander 30th Anniversary Edition. I read your review with great interest especially the section on the the visual quality.
    I was wondering if you thought the transfer had more grain in it than the old immortal editon? I thought it did but then my tv isn't professionally calibrated. Did you think Some scenes were also soft in places. Also when Connor is stabbed on the battlefield by Kurgan and is lying on the ground and then it pans out to the eyeball did you think that scenes quality looked worse than VHS? I thought overall the new transfer was a big improvement. I'm the one who has uploaded the first user review on the disc.
    Thankyou, keep up the great work,
    Anthony.