Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$90.99
18 hrs ago
The Three Flavors Cornetto Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.27
15 hrs ago
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$97.23
18 hrs ago
The Omen Collection (Blu-ray)
$61.34

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.64
18 hrs ago
Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$31.89

Ingmar Bergman's Cinema (Blu-ray)
$149.99

Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$35.19

Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.93

Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Brightburn 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
18 hrs ago
The Evil Dead 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > koover

Conversation Between koover and theater dreamer
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. theater dreamer
    10-23-2015 02:59 AM
    theater dreamer
    You know, it's funny. I do the same thing. I do a lot of blind buys based on the collections of members with similar tastes, but they're educated blind buys. If I find something that piques my interest, I'll do a little reading about the film, either on AFI's site, or maybe Wikipedia-just to get a general overview. If the film involves actors or directors who have done movies I've enjoyed, and the narrative interests me, it's pretty much a no-brainer. The way I look at it, I'm building a library that is going to be with me for life. It's really an investment in my future. And since I never know what kind of mood I'll be in from one day to the next, the diversity of films in my collection allows me to be spontaneous. Anytime you'd like to talk about movies, or if you have a question about a movie that interests you, please feel free to send me a message whenever you like. I enjoy meeting new people, and talking about common interests. Have a great weekend!
  2. koover
    10-22-2015 05:21 PM
    koover
    How's it going? Thanks for the kind words. Always nice to be complimented by a fellow film, music and sports lover. I looked through your collection and I have to agree with you. We have scary close tastes. Keep it going man as it's really good. What I like doing is going through other collections that are similar to mine and get ideas on what I want to buy. I've actually blind bought quite a few titles from a someone's collection that's similar to mine and it's worked out about 90% of the time. Anytime you feel like chatting, just send a message. I'm pretty much on every day so talking movies is always a good thing for me. Take care!
  3. theater dreamer
    10-22-2015 07:12 AM
    theater dreamer
    Hey Koover, I just wanted to comment how much I love your collection, and how frighteningly similar it is to my own (though mine is comparatively smaller, as I have only seriously been collecting since April). Dexter, Game of Thrones, Firefly, Battlestar Galactica, Breaking Bad, a lot of the same movies (many in DigiBook, to boot), your Criterion collection, all the way down to the Alter Bridge, Dream Theater, Rush and Toto concerts, and baseball favorites like 42 and 61*. I'm really enjoying watching my library grow, and collectors like you, who put a lot of thought and care into their collections, inspire me to keep going. Have a great rest of the week! Bill