Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Spider-Man Limited Edition Collection (Blu-ray)
$21.58
21 hrs ago
Outlander: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$44.99

The Hemisphere Box of Horrors (Blu-ray)
$57.67

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.00

Bitter Moon (Blu-ray)
$19.98

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World (Blu-ray)
$26.96
14 hrs ago
Outlander: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Police Story / Police Story 2 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

If Beale Street Could Talk (Blu-ray)
$19.96

How to Train Your Dragon: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Triple Threat (Blu-ray)
$17.58

Backdraft 2 (Blu-ray)
$16.56

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > ROSS.T.G.

Conversation Between ROSS.T.G. and jmorissette84
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 3 of 3
  1. ROSS.T.G.
    11-06-2017 10:04 PM
    ROSS.T.G.
    The wife and I thought we would miss the size, but honestly a 65” is still very large and we both agree the image in 4K and HDR and Dolby Vision is much better. Black levels are deeper too and the image on my Vizio is very accurate without calibration. Also, my Blu-rays upscaled look so much better. All in all it was the best decision for me.

You have a great room, looks fantastic. I pabinted half my room black as well and I find it lols great with the panel.
  2. ROSS.T.G.
    11-06-2017 09:55 PM
    ROSS.T.G.
    Hey! I was wrestling with the idea for a while. For me it came down to quality over quantity. The 5030 is a great projector but I really wanted to experience 4K at home. Also, the maintenance was brutal. I only had the projector 1.5 years and the bulb was going. The image was beautiful when I brought it home but after time when the bulb ages the image was dim. I also wanted a more accurate picture. I went as far as buying CalMAN and a color meter and was constantly fussing and calibrating it was driving me crazy lol.

I also missed having a functional room, missed having the lights on once in a while to watch tv. And on top of that I have a baby coming so I wanted more of a living/home theatre room.

I can say the image quality on my panel is leaps and bounds better. Projectors are great for size but cannot match a quality panel. I sold the 5030 for $1,500. My panel cost $1,500 so it was a wash and I am much happier.
  3. jmorissette84
    11-06-2017 01:55 PM
    jmorissette84
    Hi. I have a question, what made you decide to switch to a TV over the projector? The reason I ask is because I have the same projector that you had and as of last week I am currently on my third lamp in under 18 months. Did you have the same issue? If not that's fine, I just thought I'd ask because you had the same one. Take care.