View Single Post
Old 02-24-2009, 11:38 PM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
Breinigsville, PA

I have about 6 Hot Stampers (some considered White Hot) (one is a Semi Hot Stamper) from Better Records. They cost me the most. The Hot Stampers are recordings that are found to be superb sound pressings.

The Hot Stampers varied in price from $50 to $175. The most expensive of these has been:

1) Joe Jackson Jumpin' Jive for $75
2) The Who Hooligans (Double LP) for $90
3) Boston Boston for $125
4) The Moody Blues Every Good Boy Deserves Favour for $175 negotiated price from $250 because of being a good customer

Additionally, through eBay and eBay sellers, I have been able to acquire:

1) Yes Close to the Edge an early Matrix original UK pressing in EX+/NM condition for $80 this is now on its way.

2) The Moody Blues Days of Future Passed early Matrix UK pressing in M- condition for $45; but I was also able to win another copy as well in NM condition but I am not sure of how low the Matrix # for about $20. Both copies are now in transit.

I am trying to find as much as possible my own superb sounding pressings to lessen the number of purchases of the expensive Better Records Hot Stampers. This is why I have a total of 8 of the original UK pressings of 7 of the best known Moody Blues LPs (already have the one Hot Stamper of the 8th LP) as well as the early matrix original UK pressings of the 3 best Yes LPs coming from the UK in EX+ to NM or M- condition.

Rich

Last edited by naturephoto1; 02-24-2009 at 11:41 PM.