View Single Post
Old 01-23-2020, 01:46 PM   #3581
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Of course Nvidia is already due to launch the RTX3080 and RTX3070 with 20GB of GDDR6 memory, so by the time these consoles launch PC will still be way ahead of the graphics curve as usual.

I just want to see how much of a difference Sony's SSD integration can actually make to games that is more than just super fast load times, but actually means we get game worlds that simply aren't possible using traditional storage methods.
Also dont forget the new AMD High end graphics card due to launch in Feb 2020. It is supposed to be 2x as fast as 2080ti at half the price, I believe the days of overpriced video cards will come to a conclusion in 2021.

This really is about to be that generational leap that moves consoles into another category. This is essentially PS1 to Ps2 and Xbox, the end of the cart and FMV on DVD along with adding in HDD storage to your devices.

I also dont believe that MS APU is that much more powerful compared to Sonys, what amazes me is if im right and MS chose to use SATA 3 over nVME that to me would be the most baffling decision in the new consoles. I mean wed be talking r/w speeds on SATA 3 of 420mb /sec compared to nvme at 1200+.
Thanks given by:
emailking (01-23-2020)