View Single Post
Old 01-14-2020, 05:23 PM   #232
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telegram Sam View Post
Do most people generally accept this? It's been several years since I watched Avatar, so I need to give it another viewing. The 3D was great - but was it the absolute best?

Ghosts of the Abyss was good, but not the most amazing 3D I've seen in a documentary.

I know Cameron is a major 3D fan, obviously, and he's gone way beyond what most directors do by designing and building his own stereo rigs.

His two post-converted efforts were great (particularly so as they weren't filmed with 3D in mind) and, all in all, the man is an absolute legend.

I place the original Terminator, Aliens, The Abyss, Titanic and Avatar amongst my favourite films ...but do people think that Avatar is the best use of 3D in a movie ever. Like I say, it's a long time since I've seen it - but I'm not sure that I do.
It was very good but some of the vintage 3D titles put it to shame (The Bubble, It Came From Outer Space, House Of Wax etc..)

By the way, Aliens and both Terminator films are amongst my absolute faves also.

The only modern films that blew me away 3D wise were ‘The Walk’, ‘Gravity’ and ‘Endgame.’

Last edited by Steedeel; 01-14-2020 at 05:33 PM.