View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 03:24 AM   #254
Blu-ray Knight

May 2008
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyjones View Post
I need some input. I just ordered a 75Ē Sony 4K TV a few days ago to replace my 61Ē DLP RPTV. Because of the size of the new TV, Iím going to have to push my mains out more. My problem is, I donít have sufficient enough space to do so. My TV, right main, and one of my subs will literally be touching one another. Because of this, I wonít even be able to toe my mains in to the listening position.

My question is, do I need to have a sub up front? Will I encounter any performance issues if I move it to the back with my other sub and place it in the opposite corner? If Iím able to put both of my subs in the back, that would free up a lot of much needed space up front. My subs are 17Ē wide. Iíve tried doing a side wall placement with my subs before when I first set it up, but the subs didnít perform as well as they do in the corners. My room is roughly 11í x 13í.
No you don't necessarily need either of your subs up front. However, it's impossible to know how everything will sound together in your room until you move it to the back and try it out. I have both of mine in the back and they're working well together, but I did recently add a miniDSP 2x4 to my system to improve how they perform in my living room.
Steve