View Single Post
Old 02-28-2012, 01:59 AM   #491
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteamPunkCat View Post
Naw, I know! :thumpsup: I was just joking around.

I think with there being about 7 or so favorite Disney animated movies this year -- I don't think we'll be seeing Lilo & Stitch til next year. But it'd be a nice surpreeze if they do release it sometime this year. It was already a big surprize to see the Aristocats and Pocahontas being released this year! Then finding out about Aladdin for next year! I'm quite satisfied for now.
It would be a fantastic surprise if Disney brings Lilo and Stitch to Blu-ray this year, but I highly doubt it'll happen. We can only hope it will be out some time next year, and hopefully Disney will bring all three sequels out on Blu-ray as well.

But at this point, I think I would consider any time for Lilo and Stitch to come to Blu-ray to be a surprise. Not only has there been no word, or even rumour, that any 2D Disney animated classic between The Emperor's New Groove and Home on the Range, is being prepped for a Blu release, but surprise and randomness seems to be the way Disney decides to release its catalog titles, rather than public demand. I don't think anyone expected The Rescuers, The Aristocats or Pocahontas yet, or had any of them particularly high on their Disney Blu-ray must-buy list (The Rescuers may possibly be an exception, if only because it never got a Special Edition DVD).

They also don't seem to care about anniversary releases that much anymore. As we all know, this year is the 10th anniversary of Lilo and Stitch, and still no Blu-ray plans have been announced. It's also the 20th anniversary of Aladdin, and the Blu's not coming until next year. And this year also marks the 25th anniversary of DuckTales, and, never say never of course, but I highly doubt that Disney will put that out on Blu-ray. I'd be surprised if they even decided to finally bring the last episodes of the show out on DVD this year.