View Single Post
Old 12-14-2019, 10:40 AM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE_FORCE View Post
You should try it Bullitt if you get a chance.

I think, for many people, they look at portion sizes on each individual plate of a tasting menu and envisage that it won’t fill them up and they’d be right. Multiply that amount of food by anywhere from 6 to 20+ courses and you’d be hard pressed to go home hungry lol.

I’ve left restaurants early before, Michelin* included, because I literally couldn’t eat another thing!

My love of food ranges from baked beans on toast to molecular gastronomy. I do enjoy tasting menus as they give me a chance to experience foodstuffs, ingredients and flavour combinations that I would never be able to replicate at home, and each chef/restaurant is unique.

Other times I yearn for a big plate of comfort food that’s been well executed.

I am a bit picky about where I eat though...decent gastropubs and restaurants do have a higher probability of rating better on the food hygiene scale than some generic diner where the people don’t really care about the food they’re serving up.
I have looked at the tasting menu at OX in Belfast where there are now three Michelin starred restaurants.
Yes,I agree,I think there seems to be a misconception that you won't be full but the many courses I'm sure would be ampul.

I think just sometimes it sounds a bit too fancy for my liking and while one thing sounds great,it's topped with something I don't fancy at all.
Thanks given by:
THE_FORCE (12-14-2019)