View Single Post
Old 07-26-2019, 06:32 AM   #665

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiju no Kami View Post
I'm going to disagree with you here. Godzilla vs Space Godzilla is the worst live action Godzilla film ever made.

The Showa era is top notch and easily the best of the franchise thanks to Eiji Tsuburaya. Mothra vs Godzilla, the original, the two MechaG movies, GTTHM, and Invasion of Astro-Monster are 6 of the greatest Godzilla movies of all time. None of the Heisei movies can match the quality of the Showa era aside from Biollante and only half of the Millennium is as good.

Nevertheless, you are right about some of the last films going into kiddie territory, but at least the movies knew they were aiming themselves for kids as opposed to whatever the hell the 90s films were trying to imitate.
To each their own. The Heisei series is my favorite of the three, followed by the Millennium series and then finally the Showa, then perhaps the "modern" era with the four films Toho recently put out (Shin Godzilla is one of my favorites in the franchise, but as most fans have said, the anime films ain't too great).