View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 03:12 AM   #1012
Expert Member

May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyHighGuy View Post
I agree, I'd use them a little more if they took PayPal. I usually don't keep a lot of money in my bank account and I don't have a credit card.

That said, I did have a little extra dough and placed an order last week and got it in 4 days, these guys are great!

And a heads-up on pre-paid or visa vanilla cards - I've tried to use them several times on their site and haven't been able to use them, even with registering the zip code of the card. It always says it can't verify that it's my card or something, so I would contact them first and ask if that's changed this year at all (this was last year I tried).
Does this mean you use a debit card? If so, is there a reason you don't have a credit card (just personal choice, age, etc)? I don't intend to pry, but only ask because using a debit card online leaves you open to direct personal liability if your card data is compromised. Yes, any bank worth their salt will get you your money back, but in the case of a debit card you're out those funds until they complete your case, which can sometimes be protracted. Also, unless you have your OD settings set to auto decline, a compromised debit can also overdraw the account it's tied to, which can be a whole can of worms on its own.

Ultimately, it's truly your prerogative, but you should be aware of the risks. Even if one takes smart measures to safeguard their data, if one shops enough online, it's only a matter of time before a compromise.