View Single Post
Old 06-03-2010, 06:13 AM   #19
Special Member

Dec 2008
Jacksonville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntory_Times View Post
For anyone interested, the little I know about photography, most digital cameras have a countdown. I suggest placing the camera down (either using a tripod or a flat surface and having it countdown from 10 seconds to remove any shake from your hands and then it take the picture). Turn flash off and I personally just set everything else to automatic (though I'm sure there are many better ways to do this). Take three or photos like this of each separate projected image as they one may not turn out, or they may turn out slightly different. Then select the one you want to keep crop it, saving it as a .png (so as there is no quality loss due to compression), and post up your photo. This works quite well for me, it may not be the best way, but it may help.
I am just using a normal point and shoot canon digital camera, just like the one in my avatar picture. Here are some tips that i use that make my pictures look better.
-First i put the camera in manual mode, and of course put the timer on, and have it on a tripod, or just make a flat surface to sit it on, that way there is no shaking and it is as steady as possible.
-Next, there is a setting in the menu where i can change the exposure/shutter. I usually put the shutter anywhere from 4 seconds to just 1 second depending on the brightness of the picture i am taking. The brighter the scene the shorter i set the shutter. I will take a few pictures all with different shutters and see which one looks the best on the computer. On my camera I can pick shutter 1", 1.3", 1.6", 2", 2.5", 3.2", 4" and so on. Usually if it is a super dark scene i can get away with using 3.2" or 4", but on normal scenes that would make the entire picture white, so i use the shorter shutter speeds.
-Last thing before I take the picture i put the iso speed on the lowest setting i can (most lowest one is 80 and my highest is 1600), that usually takes the grain out of the black areas in the picture.

Hope some of that made sense and helps someone.