View Single Post
Old 10-31-2012, 07:31 AM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Wiz View Post
I thought this was the funniest animated film of the year, and regardless of my personal opinion, it's certainly the most visually innovative.

We're so used to realistic worlds and realistic movement in our animated films. This movie clearly embraced the fact that it's animated, and the result is pure eye candy.

I can't wait to own it in HD.
Agree. I haven't seen the film itself yet, so I can't speak as to the content, but this has got to be one of the most refreshingly cartoony movies in a long time. Not that the other major CGI flicks are completely grounded in reality and real-world physics, but I absolutely agree that the movements of the characters in many them are fairly restricted to reality, which admittedly works in context for a lot of them. However, the characters in this movie are animated with such exaggeration and cartooniness that you just don't see much of in animated feature films, so it just comes off as a breath of fresh air.

I'd say another refreshingly cartoony movie from recent memory is Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs, also by Sony Pictures Animation. But Hotel Transylvania clearly tops it in that respect. Still really looking forward to actually seeing it.