View Single Post
Old 01-02-2017, 11:59 AM   #12
Special Member

Feb 2015
Texas

Thanks everybody.

I think I'm going to start opening all my steel books from now on, regardless of how collectible I think it might be. I purchased the Target exclusive The Secret Life of Pets steel book on release day as a Christmas gift for my daughter, and when she finally opened it on that morning, it was damaged. The back was bent and the front had a lot of dents. Because of the packaging, I had no idea it was damaged until it was opened. Now Target can't replace it because it's sold out everywhere.

I've also had similar situations receiving damaged steel books, but mostly from Best Buy. For the most part, I've been lucky to get most of them replaced, but at a huge hassle because I live 50-60 minutes away from Best Buy and Target. So the headaches outweigh the pleasure, at least because of my situation, and the fact that they arrive damaged about half the time, if not a little more so.

So after the Christmas gift incident, I guess I have no choice but to open them asap to make sure they're not damaged.

Just to put into perspective how many steel books have arrived damaged from Best buy and Target: The Secret Life of Pets, Ant-Man, Batman v Superman, The Avengers Age of Ultron (twice), Finding Dory, Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America: Civil War. All those came damaged, out of 13 steel book orders.

Last edited by reneeatworld; 01-02-2017 at 12:05 PM.