Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$5.00

The Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Midnight Cowboy (Blu-ray)
$18.96

Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Bull Durham (Blu-ray)
$18.96

Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

The Spy Who Dumped Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Awful Truth (Blu-ray)
$18.96

Forty Guns (Blu-ray)
$30.37
4 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 11-11-2014, 08:40 PM   #1181
Super Moderator

Jul 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcbird91 View Post
target and best buy black friday ad have been released, and no sopranos complete series blu ray deals. pray that frys, or walmart do somethin.
Best Buy Black Friday ad lists the DVD set for $125.99, can't imagine the Blu-ray will be cheaper. Glad I jumped on the Spanish price when I did, going to pick mine up this week-end.
Old 11-12-2014, 11:34 AM   #1182
Special Member

Mar 2010
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentDawn View Post
I actually just started to watch the series for the first time last night, that first episode was perfect.
You're in for one hell of a ride... Enjoy.
For Your Consideration...
Old 11-12-2014, 12:25 PM   #1183
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011

Anyone know if screencap comparisons of the first first season release and the first season 6 part 1 and part 2 releases exist compared to the Complete Series ones?
"I couldn't think of a more horrible job if I wanted to. And you have to do it. You have to!"
Old 11-12-2014, 01:23 PM   #1184
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2008
Boston, MA

I'm itching to get this set. I watched it when it first aired, I watched it when the DVDs were first released, and re-watched the entire series with a friend who'd never seen it. I have HBO GO, which is the only reason I'm trying to be patient.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:07 AM   #1185
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
Send a message via ICQ to Harlock415 Send a message via AIM to Harlock415 Send a message via Yahoo to Harlock415

Found this at Costco fr $159. Now I can finish off the series. Only watched about half of season 1.
PSN: Harlock415
Old 11-15-2014, 10:23 PM   #1186
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2007
Tucson, Az USA

That's a great price. Mine just came today in the mail from Bestbuy.com. Gonna try & watch a couple episodes after the kids fall asleep tonight.
Old 11-15-2014, 11:24 PM   #1187
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014
Los Angeles

Going back and watching again from Season 1, and it just makes me cringe at times that the early seasons are shown 1.78:1. I realize this is how they were shot, but in 1999 the directors were still FRAMING for 4:3. Some of the framing looks so bad in 1.78 it's almost laughable, like when the family is sitting around the dinner table and half the table is empty (instead of having people there like in the reverse shots) in reverse shots since you were never supposed to see the far edges of the frame when watching at 4:3, which is what 99% of TVs were in 1999. Or how everyone is pretty much just framed int eh center, especially on singles. Wish they would've just cropped the image to the intended framing, instead of just "filling the screen" with worthless footage on the sides.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:26 AM   #1188
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates_Motel View Post
Going back and watching again from Season 1, and it just makes me cringe at times that the early seasons are shown 1.78:1. I realize this is how they were shot, but in 1999 the directors were still FRAMING for 4:3. Some of the framing looks so bad in 1.78 it's almost laughable, like when the family is sitting around the dinner table and half the table is empty (instead of having people there like in the reverse shots) in reverse shots since you were never supposed to see the far edges of the frame when watching at 4:3, which is what 99% of TVs were in 1999. Or how everyone is pretty much just framed int eh center, especially on singles. Wish they would've just cropped the image to the intended framing, instead of just "filling the screen" with worthless footage on the sides.
I think that they should've had the 4:3 ratio for the early Sopranos episodes that were framed that way. Just like they did with Twin Peaks. It was really annoying to see some people's comments about how upset they were that Twin Peaks wasn't wide screen.

Funny how it is sacrilegious for some to have even the slightest aspect ratio alterations for films, but people are more than fine with 1.78:1 framing for TV shows that were framed 4:3 even if cameras and sound booms start showing up in the frame, like Friends but they're fine with it because it "looks good in wide screen".

They should've at least settle for the Kubrick 1.66:1 aspect ratio that is somewhere between 4:3 and 1.78:1 for these older TV shows that were framed 4:3.
"I couldn't think of a more horrible job if I wanted to. And you have to do it. You have to!"
Old 11-16-2014, 01:28 AM   #1189
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

I first watched Sopranos on DVD so the widescreen presentation is what I'm used to. It looks OAR to me, even if it might not be.

This is on contrast to X-Files or Star Trek or whatever else, where I grew up on the OAR of 4:3 and would be very irritated if they changed it for blu ray.
Old 11-17-2014, 03:13 PM   #1190
Super Moderator

Jul 2006
Ontario, Canada

Nevertheless Season 1 still looks really good to me, not reference material at all but there is still lots of good detail and the audio sounds great, knowing it only gets better as the show progresses is very satisfying.

I had no idea Season 1 originally aired on HBO in 4:3.

Just got my Spanish set in, English under the slip cover on the box but the disc art and inlay cards of course are all Spanish. Menus default all to English due to player settings and there are 8 or 9 different subtitle options. Region free confirmed.

Very happy to have got this shipped for US$95.
Old 11-17-2014, 05:25 PM   #1191
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Stockholm, Sweden
Send a message via MSN to BHolst

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobyblue View Post
Nevertheless Season 1 still looks really good to me, not reference material at all but there is still lots of good detail and the audio sounds great, knowing it only gets better as the show progresses is very satisfying.

I had no idea Season 1 originally aired on HBO in 4:3.

Just got my Spanish set in, English under the slip cover on the box but the disc art and inlay cards of course are all Spanish. Menus default all to English due to player settings and there are 8 or 9 different subtitle options. Region free confirmed.

Very happy to have got this shipped for US$95.
It sounds like getting the Nordic set for 319 SEK (~$43) was a really good deal.
Just like the Spanish set it is English under the Slipcover (haven't really looked at the discs or inlay cards...) and everything can be set to English when watching it.
My avatar is Terry Gilliam as "A Man With a Stoat Through the Head" from Season 2 Episode 13 (The Royal Episode) of Monty Python's Flying Circus.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #1192
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

$43 is an actual hefty savings from the US version with UV codes to sell. Most of these other foreign editions aren't really that much cheaper.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:08 PM   #1193
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2014
Los Angeles

Quote:
Originally Posted by I KEEL YOU View Post
I think that they should've had the 4:3 ratio for the early Sopranos episodes that were framed that way. Just like they did with Twin Peaks. It was really annoying to see some people's comments about how upset they were that Twin Peaks wasn't wide screen.

Funny how it is sacrilegious for some to have even the slightest aspect ratio alterations for films, but people are more than fine with 1.78:1 framing for TV shows that were framed 4:3 even if cameras and sound booms start showing up in the frame, like Friends but they're fine with it because it "looks good in wide screen".

They should've at least settle for the Kubrick 1.66:1 aspect ratio that is somewhere between 4:3 and 1.78:1 for these older TV shows that were framed 4:3.
Well, technically, Sporanos was always 1.78:1, because they safe-framed it for HD, which was starting to come around at the time. So that's OAR. But the composition still had to fit 4:3, as most TVs were still that ratio. So the blu-ray is correct, in that regard. It's just obvious whenever they try to open up a 4:3 image just to fill the screen. In some cases, it really kills the composition. Kinda of like the transition to widescreen in the early 1950s, or films now that screen in IMAX more opened up... Criterion may have put out 3 versions of On The Waterfront, but really you can only FRAME a film ONE way, because there has to be an original window of composition. Everything else is a compromise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
I first watched Sopranos on DVD so the widescreen presentation is what I'm used to. It looks OAR to me, even if it might not be.
Not to question your judgment, but I'm at a loss as to how anyone thinks a 1.78 versions "looks" correct. Every shot, the characters are centered with tons of dead space on the sides. There's no dynamic to fill the frame, because the frame was originally 4:3. It's certainly not a deal breaker - the characters and writing still hold up and of course the show is still very watchable - it's just that visually, it looks like crap.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:12 PM   #1194
Blu-ray Archduke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

People in the X-Files thread talk a lot about "safe for widescreen" but you can tell in every shot it was framed for 4:3. I want the intended framing, not the "well maybe one day" protected framing.

That said I never really noticed an issue in Sopranos.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #1195
Super Moderator

Jul 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates_Motel View Post
Not to question your judgment, but I'm at a loss as to how anyone thinks a 1.78 versions "looks" correct. Every shot, the characters are centered with tons of dead space on the sides. There's no dynamic to fill the frame, because the frame was originally 4:3. It's certainly not a deal breaker - the characters and writing still hold up and of course the show is still very watchable - it's just that visually, it looks like crap.
Every shot? I just watched the first 10 minutes of Season 1 and there's a shot of Tony's face where the entire 1.78:1 frame is filled with Gandolfini's face, nothing else in the shot.

Me thinks thou doth protest too much.

I suppose maybe this is like the loudness wars with music, some are very sensitive (like me) and abhor it, most don't notice. I would rather have a shot contain more information that doesn't have boom mics, etc., than lose info so I'm okay with this in 16:9. I also have a VT60 so I'm also okay with 4:3 shows as the black bars during 90%+ scenes do disappear into the darkness of my viewing room so I'm not against it for that.

I think The Wire on DVD looks like crap, I will definitely check it out when/if it comes to Blu-ray and will be happy to see it arrive in its OAR given that seasons 4 and 5 were not protected for 16:9 like S1~3 were.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:02 AM   #1196
Blu-ray Grand Duke

May 2010
Columbia, MD
-
-

Price dropped to $179.84, on Amazon. Keep going baby!
Old 11-18-2014, 01:04 AM   #1197

Oct 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickah88 View Post
Price dropped to $179.84, on Amazon. Keep going baby!
waiting for that sweet 100-150 price point. I seriously think itll be a gold-box deal for 99.99 soon. which would be PERFECTION.
Old 11-18-2014, 01:11 AM   #1198
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2012
Novato, CA

Saw it today at Costco for $159.95.
Old 11-20-2014, 06:40 AM   #1199
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Central Florida

For those interested I thought I'd post the episode guides I worked up for this release which I'm using with My Movies for WMC7 and the My Movies mobile apps. The episode guides reflect the precise breakdown per disc as seen from the Blu-ray menus. Clicking on the given spoiler link will reveal the episode guide for that season. I also scanned the original cover art which I customized, the front portion of each cover now including the title, "The Sopranos" in addition to calling out the particular season that way when browsing by front cover image within My Movies I can more easily determine what season the given front cover represents. To download the full cover scans just click on the preview images.

Quote:

The Sopranos: The Complete First Season (1999)
Meet Tony Soprano: your average, middle-aged businessman. Tony's got a dutiful wife. A not-so-dutiful daughter. A son named Anthony Jr. A Mother he's trying to coax into a retirement home. A hotheaded uncle. A not-too-secret mistress. And a shrink to tell all his secrets, expect the one she already knows: Tony's a mob boss. These days, it's getting tougher and tougher to make a killing in the killing business. Just because you're "made" ...doesn't mean you've got it made.

[Show spoiler]Disc 1: Episodes 1-3
1. The Sopranos (1/10/99)
Tony Soprano, a Capo in the Jersey mafia, begins seeing a therapist because he is stricken by panic attacks. During his session, Dr. Melfi learns of his two conflicted families. Tony is stressed by his unhappy wife, rebellious kids and his demanding mother. On the business side, Tony feels pressure from his willful nephew, while also engaging in a power struggle with his Uncle Junior.

2. 46 Long (1/17/99)
Christopher and Brendan take some initiative in a truck hijacking, but their plan backfires when it angers Uncle Junior. Tony's crew does a favor for A.J.'s science teacher. After one too many accidents, Tony forces Livia to move into a nursing home against her will.

3. Denial, Anger, Acceptance (1/24/99)
Tony, Paulie and Silvio enter into a new business deal with a Jewish hotel owner, while Tony struggles with the terminal illness of his long-time friend and current Don, Jackie Aprile. Meadow asks Christopher for a favor that could get him in trouble. After consulting Livia, Junior has his triggerman, Mikey Palmice, send Christopher and Brendan a clear message.

Bonus Features:
• Audio Commentary on Episode 1 with series creator/writer/director David Chase and Peter Bogdanovich

Disc 2: Episodes 4-6
4. Meadowlands (1/31/99)
When Jackie Aprile loses his battle with cancer, Tony and his crew agree to give Junior what he wants. However, they have ulterior motives. Christopher goes from fear to anger when he discovers Brendan's fate. Tony sends a cop on his payroll to investigate Dr. Melfi, while Carmela gives him an ultimatum about his therapy.

5. College (2/7/99)
Tony takes Meadow to Maine on a college tour. While there, Tony stumbles across an ex mobster who went into the witness protection program after ratting out several of Tony's old comrades. Tony and the mobster begin stalking each other while Tony does his best to hide his activities from his daughter. Carmela receives a visit from Father Phil and the two have a close encounter.

6. Pax Soprana (2/14/99)
Tony's crew is unhappy when Junior refuses to respect old arrangements. Junior shows reckless behavior by taxing long-time members and ordering hits on top earners. Tony brings in Johnny Sack from New York in hopes of tricking Junior into relenting. Already frustrated because Tony was hiding the fact that his therapist is a woman, Carmela's anger grows when Tony is rendered impotent by his medication.

Disc 3: Episodes 7-10
7. Down Neck (2/21/99)
After A.J. is suspended from school for drinking sacramental wine, Tony begins remembering his own childhood days when he learned of his father's unique lifestyle. Livia learns of her son's therapy during a visit from A.J.

8. The Legend of Tennessee Moltisanti (2/28/99)
The Soprano crew begins to do some frantic house-cleaning as rumors of FBI indictments begin to surface. Christopher gets depressed when he isn't named on the list and it results in some poor decisions. Livia tells Junior about Tony's therapy.

9. Boca (3/7/99)
Tony and Silvio plan drastic action when they hear some disturbing news about Meadow's soccer coach. Tony learns of a secret that Junior would rather keep under wraps. Tensions flare when they begin needling each other during a golf game, and this results in Junior giving up a long term relationship.

10. A Hit is a Hit (3/14/99)
Tony has a disheartening experience when he tries to strike up new friendships in the civilian world. Christopher and Adriana try their hand in the music recording business, but their plans backfire in their faces.

Disc 4: Episodes 11-13
11. Nobody Knows Anything (3/21/99)
Tony is shocked to learn that his old friend, Big Puss(y), may be a rat. He sends Paulie to investigate when Puss(y) acts suspiciously. Junior reaches the breaking point when he learns that Tony has been working behind his back. He and Livia begin conspiring to take action against Tony.

12. Isabella (3/28/99)
Tony is more depressed than ever over Puss(y)'s disappearance. He increases his medication, and only leaves the house to visit a beautiful Italian girl living next door. His son has his own woman troubles, as A.J. stresses over his first formal dance. Meanwhile, Junior and Mikey send two hit men after Tony, but all doesn't go according to plan.

13. I Dream of Jeannie Cusamano (4/4/99)
Tony begins to retaliate for the attempt on his life, but he is stunned when he learns that his mother and uncle were behind it. Junior tries to escape when he suspects that Tony will come after him, but the Feds intervene before Junior can get away. Livia pits Artie against Tony in a last-ditch effort to save herself. Carmela finally lays down the law with Father Phil.

Bonus Features:
• David Chase interviewed by Peter Bogdanovich [01:17:34]
• Family Life [00:04:11]
• Meet Tony Soprano [00:03:32]
Quote:

The Sopranos: The Complete Second Season (2000)
For Tony Soprano, there's no such thing as business as usual. Balancing the demands of his immediate family with the demands of his other family — Paulie Walnuts, Silvio Dante and Big Puss(y) Bonpensiero — means walking a tightrope no self-respecting mobster should have to walk. With his mother and uncle plotting against him, his older sister Janice wreaking her own special kind of havoc, and the very real threat that one of his closest allies is wired by the FBI, Tony needs the support of his psychiatrist, Dr. Melfi, more than ever.

1. Guy Walks Into a Psychiatrist's Office (1/16/00)
Tony begins to establish himself as the acting Don of the Jersey crew, but his world is turned upside down by the return of Big Puss(y) and his sister Janice. Melfi consults her own therapist, feeling guilty over her refusal to treat Tony. Christopher expands into the world of white-collar crime, but his associates cause trouble when they bring violence into the workplace.

2. Do Not Resuscitate (1/23/00)
Tony plays both ends against the middle in a construction dispute, while Puss(y) has a revealing meeting with an FBI agent. Livia becomes suspicious of Janice as she starts to get cozy. Junior is released from jail, but finds himself working on a tight leash under Tony's thumb.

3. Toodle-(F)ucking-Oo (1/30/00)
Tony faces a new threat when Jackie's brother Richie Aprile gets out of jail and tries to muscle in on Tony's action. Carmela and Tony try desperately to punish Meadow when she trashes Livia's home during a party. Melfi's guilt over not treating Tony begins to invade her dreams.

4. Commendatori (2/6/00)
Tony, Christopher, and Paulie travel to Italy on a business trip. Meanwhile, Carmela ponders her own situation when Puss(y)'s wife starts talking divorce. Puss(y) takes action against an old friend when he spots him having a conversation with the FBI.

5. Big Girls Don't Cry (2/13/00)
Christopher and Puss(y) are resentful when Tony sets up a new pecking order in the crew. Christopher tries to relieve stress by taking an acting class for writers, while Puss(y) gets more talkative with the FBI. Tony shows his new man Furio the ropes by sending him on a collection job. Melfi finally breaks down and tells Tony she'll take him back as a patient.

6. The Happy Wanderer (2/20/00)
Tony organizes and runs the executive poker game, but must put the strong-arm on his old high school buddy when he loses big. Richie puts himself at odds with Tony when he causes a disturbance at the game. Meanwhile, Janice starts putting ideas in Richie's head about a power play.

Bonus Features:
• Audio Commentary on Episode 4 with director Tim Van Patten

7. D-Girl (2/27/00)
Christopher dabbles in the Hollywood movie world, as he and Jon Favreau bounce ideas off each other. Meanwhile, A.J. dabbles in existentialism after he wrecks his mother's car, while his Uncle Puss(y) wrestles with his conscience as he gets in deeper with the Feds.

8. Full Leather Jacket (3/5/00)
Carmela pressures a friend to write a letter of recommendation for Meadow, while a good will gesture from Richie to Tony falls flat. Matt and Sean are bored with their positions in the Soprano organization and decide to do a favor to Richie.

9. From Where to Eternity (3/12/00)
Tony starts the hunt for Matt and calls on Puss(y) for a favor. Paulie gets nervous when Christopher brings him a message from beyond. Carmela asks Tony to get a vasectomy, and Melfi starts to regret allowing Tony back on her couch.

10. Bust Out (3/19/00)
Tony begins gathering cash for a possible getaway when he learns of an eyewitness to the Bevilaqua hit. The Feds turn up the pressure on Puss(y) when they learn of his involvement in the murder. Richie tries to enlist Junior in a move against Tony. Carmela has a romantic encounter with her paperhanger.

Bonus Features:
• Audio Commentary on Episode 9 with director Henry J. Bronchtein and producer Ilene Landress

11. House Arrest (3/26/00)
Tony's lawyer advises him to act like a civilian for a while, but Tony grows bored by the lifestyle. Melfi uses alcohol to numb herself to Tony's visits. Junior seeks female companionship during his confinement, while Richie disobeys yet another order from Tony.

12. The Knight in White Satin Armor (4/2/00)
Richie's insubordination finally pushes Tony to the limit. Tony finds that breaking up with his Russian girlfriend is more complicated than he thought. Janice takes matters into her own hands after a quarrel with Richie.

13. Funhouse (4/9/00)
Tony is stricken by a nasty bout of food poisoning and has a strange dream conversation with Puss(y) in his delirium. When Tony wakes up, his suspicions are aroused. The FBI catches Livia at the airport with incriminating evidence against her son. The Feds decide to move against Tony just before Meadow's graduation.

Bonus Features:
• The Real Deal [00:04:54]
• A Sit-Down with The Sopranos [00:14:11]
• Audio Commentary on Episode 12 with director Allen Coultier and producer Ilene Landress
• Audio Commentary on Episode 13 with director John Patterson
Quote:

The Sopranos: The Complete Third Season (2001)
Some suburban households have two cars. Some have two houses. But Tony Soprano has two families. This could be why the FBI is going to such lengths to wiretap his home. Why the son of his dear late friend Jackie Aprile is causing him such agita. Why a Russian housekeeper is searching for her missing leg. Why his son is vandalizing school property and his daughter is getting her heart broken. Why his wife is both consulting a psychiatrist and confessing to a priest. And it's also why Tony Soprano is still seeing Dr. Melfi for his anxiety attacks. It isn't easy heading up the mob in New Jersey. But that's what puts dinner on the table for the two families of Tony Soprano.

1. Mr. Ruggerio's Neighborhood (3/4/01)
While the Soprano family goes about their day-to-day activities, the FBI begins an elaborate operation to bug their home. Tony ponders his options when Patsy starts asking too many questions about his brother's death.

2. Proshai, Livushka (3/4/01)
Racial tensions flare and Tony suffers another panic attack when he meets Meadow's new boyfriend from college. The FBI finds a new member of the Soprano crew to use as a rat, while another Soprano soldier resorts to violence over garbage routes. Livia's sudden death puts an end to Tony's worries about her testimony against him. Janice returns to participate in her funeral, but all does not go smoothly when the guests start airing their true feelings about Tony's departed mother.

3. Fortunate Son (3/11/01)
Melfi starts to push Tony in his therapy, and Tony uncovers some disturbing memories from his childhood that may help explain his panic attacks. Paulie and Christopher clash when Christopher comes up short in his collection envelope. Tony is proud of A.J. when he makes captain of his football team, but soon learns that his panic attacks run in the family.

4. Employee of the Month (3/18/01)
Ralphie introduces Jackie, Jr. to the muscle end of his business, which doesn't go over well with Tony. Janice gets in over her head with the Russians when she won't back down in her feud with Svetlana. Johnny Sack moves to New Jersey.

5. Another Toothpick (3/25/01)
Bobby's cancer-ridden father comes out of retirement to do a hit. Meanwhile, Junior is given some unpleasant news about his medical condition. Tony's racism again boils to the surface when he has a run-in with a black cop. Artie explores his feelings for Adriana, while Carmela participates more actively in Tony's therapy.

6. University (4/1/01)
Ralphie violently reacts to a Bing dancer when his temper gets the better of him, and he and Tony come to blows over it in the parking lot. Meadow and Noah take their relationship to a new level, but things don't stay romantic for long as Meadow's roommate causes problems.

7. Second Opinion (4/8/01)
Junior undergoes surgery for his cancer, but Tony must step in when Junior's doctor ignores his phone calls. Tensions mount between Paulie and Christopher as Christopher's initiation into made manhood continues. Carmela consults her own therapist, who gives her some hard things to think about.

8. He Is Risen (4/15/01)
Tony's feud with Ralphie escalates when Ralphie is passed over for promotion again. Meadow and Jackie grow closer, while the Soprano crew loses a member in an unexpected fashion. Tony strikes up a relationship with one of Melfi's other patients.

9. The Telltale Moozadell (4/22/01)
Tony's relationship with Gloria heats up when they pay a visit to the Bronx Zoo. A.J. is busted for vandalizing his school, while Christopher gives Adriana the gift of a new nightclub. Jackie, Jr. tries to break into his late father's business despite Tony's strong discouragement.

10. To Save Us All from Satan's Power (4/29/01)
Tony finds himself singing the Christmas blues as the holidays approach. He and Furio retaliate against the Russian who beat Janice. Memories of Big Puss(y) haunt Tony, Silvio, and Paulie as they try to find a new Santa Claus for the neighborhood children. Tony smacks Jackie, Jr. around after he catches him cheating on Meadow and carrying a gun.

Bonus Features:
• Audio Commentary on Episode 9 with writer/actor Michael Imperioli

11. Pine Barrens (5/6/01)
While on a collection errand, Paulie and Christopher find themselves thrust into a deadly chase with a Russian in the frigid woods of South Jersey. Tony is caught between business, family obligations, and Gloria's temper when he must deal with the crisis. Meadow's relationship with Jackie, Jr. takes a bad turn when she discovers him with another girl.

12. Amour Fou (5/13/01)
Tony must lay down the law with a distraught Gloria when she threatens to expose their affair to his family. Jackie, Jr. seeks some advice from Ralphie and decides to pull a daring heist to prove himself, but his plans go horribly wrong when blood is spilled. Carmela takes an emotional dive and suddenly becomes interested in real estate.

13. Army of One (5/20/01)
Tony and Carmela quarrel over the prospect of sending A.J. to military school after he's expelled. Ralphie is forced to make a decision about Jackie, Jr., while Meadow reflects upon her life as a Soprano.

Bonus Features:
• Behind-The-Scenes Featurettes [00:03:50]
• Audio Commentary on Episode 11 with director Steve Buscemi
• Audio Commentary on Episode 12 with writer/creator David Chase
Quote:

The Sopranos: The Complete Fourth Season (2002)
It's tough times in Jersey for Tony Soprano. The sluggish economy hasn't been good for the family business. Carmela is angling for more financial security. Some longtime lietenants aren't happy with Tony's recent decisions. A rival boss wants a bigger piece of the suburban pie. A Soprano is actually heading to trial for the first time in decades. At least one child seems to have lost interest in higher education. And the ducks aren't coming back anytime soon.

1. For All Debts Public and Private (9/15/02)
Tony and Carmela both worry about family finances during the recession. Junior faces his own financial woes as his trial approaches. Adriana brings her new friend to the Soprano Sunday dinner, but has no idea who Danielle is working for. Tony bonds with Christopher by giving him the opportunity to avenge the murder of his father.

2. No Show (9/22/02)
Meadow clashes with her parents when she decides to drop out of college and travel to Europe. Tony sends her to a psychologist, but it only makes things worse. Christopher is made a capo in Paulie's crew while Paulie serves a jail term, but Christopher shows a lack of talent for leadership. Danielle's undercover work with Adriana falls flat.

3. Christopher (9/29/02)
Silvio and Ralphie plan to take action when they learn that a group of Native-Americans plan to protest the annual Columbus Day Parade. Bobby suffers a devastating tragedy. Paulie continues to leak information to Johnny Sack from jail, while Janice puts an end to her fling with Ralphie.

4. The Weight (10/6/02)
Things heat up between Ralphie and Johnny Sack after Ralphie's rude remarks about Ginny become public. Carmela stops by Furio's new home and discovers a growing attraction to him.

5. Pie-O-My (10/13/02)
Tony discovers that he has a tender spot for Ralphie's new racing horse. He spends more time at the stables than with Carmela, who is angry over a new financial arrangement. The Feds turn up the pressure on Adriana, while Janice makes her move on a grieving Bobby.

6. Everybody Hurts (10/20/02)
Tony is flooded with guilt when he hears bad news about an old flame and begins going out of his way to show his kindness to those closest to him. Artie falls for a scam and turns to Tony for help, Christopher spirals further into his drug addiction, and Carmela sets Furio up on a blind date.

Bonus Features:
• Audio Commentary on Episode 4 with writer Terrance Winter
• Audio Commentary on Episode 6 with writer/actor Michael Imperioli

7. Watching Too Much Television (10/27/02)
Tony and Ralph enter into a shady real estate deal with a crooked Assemblyman, but things get complicated when Zellman admits to Tony that he's seeing his old girlfriend. Adriana pushes Christopher toward marriage in the hopes that it will nullify the FBI's hold over her. Paulie gets out of jail and has another meeting with Johnny Sack.

8. Mergers & Acquisitions (11/3/02)
Tony strikes up a relationship with Ralph's latest girlfriend and learns some surprising secrets about Ralph's bedroom habits from Janice. Carmela helps herself to some of Tony's hidden cash, while Paulie sends his mother to a retirement home. Furio travels home to Italy and tells his father of his feelings for Carmela, getting some strong advice in return.

9. Whoever Did This (11/10/02)
Junior uses an injury at the courthouse as an opportunity to introduce a new defense at his trial. Ralphie begins to ponder the state of his life when his son is badly hurt in an archery accident. A fire at the stables results in the death of Tony's favorite horse, and he suspects Ralphie may be the cause.

10. The Strong, Silent Type (11/17/02)
Tony calls on Johnny Sack for help when his crew begins to question Ralph's sudden disappearance. Tony forces Christopher into rehab when his drug use spins out of control, but group therapy soon deteriorates into a brawl. Furio is noticeably cooler toward Carmela after his return from Italy.

Bonus Features:
• Audio Commentary on Episode 9 with writers Robin Green & Mitchell Burgess

11. Calling All Cars (11/24/02)
Tensions mount between Jersey and New York when Tony and Carmine argue over the profits from a real estate scam. Janice grows impatient with Bobby's grief, while Tony makes a decision about his therapy. Junior must find a new course of action to get out of his trial when the judge rejects his latest defense strategy.

12. Eloise (12/1/02)
Furio resigns from the Soprano crew and goes home to Italy, leaving Carmela depressed and angry. Paulie tries to prove his loyalty to the Soprano family, but his burglary scheme ends on a violent note. Tony's feud with New York begins to hit him in the pocketbook, but Johnny Sack makes Tony a proposal that may solve their problems.

13. Whitecaps (12/8/02)
Tony and Johnny Sack prepare to move against Carmine, but Tony second-guesses the deal and considers another option. Meanwhile, Tony haggles with a lawyer when he decides to buy a beach house as a gift for Carmela.The judge makes a major ruling in Junior's case, and Christopher returns clean and sober from rehab. Carmela reaches a breaking point when Tony's former mistress taunts her over the phone.

Bonus Features:
• Audio Commentary on Episode 13 with series creator David Chase
Quote:

The Sopranos: The Complete Fifth Season (2004)
His separation hasn't been working out. His nephew's fiancee has become a distraction. His paroled cousin is giving off bad vibes. His business rival is looking for payback. His therapist isn't buying into the "Two Tonys." It's enough to send any mob boss over the edge. Hell hath no fury like The Sopranos.

1. Two Tonys (3/7/04)
Tony, now separated from Carmela, takes a romantic interest in Dr. Melfi. Carmela is forced to call Tony for help when a wild bear keeps visiting their home. Johnny Sack sees an opportunity for advancement when Carmine suffers a stroke, while new parolees readjust to life on the outside and Janice adjusts to married life with Bobby. Christopher and Paulie face off when Christopher is constantly stuck paying for dinner.

2. Rat Pack (3/14/04)
Tony throws a welcome-home party for his cousin, Tony Blundetto, who is released from prison on parole. The FBI continues to pressure Adriana for information. Carmine's passing leaves the field wide open for Johnny Sack, but Little Carmine has ideas of his own. Tony smells yet another rat in his organization.

3. Where's Johnny? (3/21/04)
Feech begins to overstep when he moves in on Paulie's landscaping deals. Tony worries about Uncle Junior's mind when Junior wanders around his old neighborhood searching for his long-dead brother. As the hostility in New York intensifies, Johnny Sack dispatches the Leotardo brothers to send Little Carmine a clear message.

4. All Happy Families... (3/28/04)
Tony and Carmela quarrel after A.J. spends a wild night in the Big Apple. Tony is forced to make a decision about Feech when he continues to overstep his bounds. Carmela finds a romantic interest in A.J.'s guidance counselor, while the war in New York claims its first two casualties.

5. Irregular Around the Margins (4/4/04)
Tony's intense new feelings for Adriana sends him back to Dr. Melfi; Tony may have skin cancer; While Christopher is on a business trip, the crew discusses a rumor involving Adriana.

6. Sentimental Education (4/11/04)
Tony B. makes an honest effort to go straight as he prepares to open his own massage studio, but a mysterious bag of money tempts him back to his old habits. A.J. moves back in with his mother after a fight with Tony, while Carmela pursues her relationship with her son's guidance counselor.

Bonus Features:
• Audio Commentary on Episode 4 with director Rodrigo Garcia
• Audio Commentary on Episode 6 with director Peter Bogdanovich

7. In Camelot (4/18/04)
Tony pays a visit to his father's gravesite and meets a woman who claims to be his father's mistress. Tony forges a relationship with her as he learns more about his past. Christopher takes a friend from rehab to the executive poker game, but he soon goes from sponsor to strong-arm man when his friend can't pay his debts.

8. Marco Polo (4/25/04)
Carmela invites Tony to participate in her father's surprise birthday party, and the evening ends in surprising fashion. Two of Little Carmine's men try to recruit a reluctant Tony Blundetto for a retaliatory attack against Johnny Sack's crew.

9. Unidentified Black Males (5/2/04)
Rumors about Tony B's involvement in the Joey Peeps hit reach Johnny Sack, who considers going to war with little Carmine. Meadow looks out for her boyfriend's financial well-being and turns up the pressure on him when their relationship stalls. Carmela finds that Tony has made it impossible for her to hire a divorce lawyer, while Tony explores his guilt over his cousin's incarceration with Melfi.

10. Cold Cuts (5/9/04)
Janice attacks a mother during her stepdaughter's soccer game and is forced to attend anger management classes. Tony must deal with his own anger as Johnny Sack launches payback against the Sopranos. Christopher and Tony B. overcome their differences when they are sent to dispose of several incriminating corpses buried in the country.

Bonus Features:
• Audio Commentary on Episode 7 with director Steve Buscemi
• Audio Commentary on Episode 10 with director Mike Figgis

11. The Test Dream (5/16/04)
After his latest goomar is injured, Tony escapes to the Plaza Hotel for a night of rest and relaxation, but his dreams are haunted by past faces. Another casualty falls in the war between Johnny Sack and Little Carmine, and Tony B. heads to New York for revenge.

12. Long Term Parking (5/23/04)
The FBI finds new evidence that they use as leverage against Adriana. Adriana relents and tries to persuade Christopher to go into witness protection with her. Tony and Carmela meet over lunch and work toward a reconciliation, which includes a new real estate project for Carmela. Johnny Sack delivers a stern ultimatum to Tony, who is hesitant to give up his cousin.

13. All Due Respect (6/6/04)
Tony faces pressure from his own crew to give up his cousin to Johnny Sack and does some soul-searching on Melfi's couch before deciding on a course of action. A.J. proves himself to be a schemer, while Christopher tells Carmela that he and Adriana have ended their relationship. Tony meets with Johnny Sack to restore peace between Jersey and New York, but the Feds play a surprise card that sends Tony fleeing to safety.

Bonus Features:
• Audio Commentary on Episode 12 with actress Drea De Matteo

Last edited by AmishParadise; 11-22-2014 at 07:32 PM.
Thanks given by:
Thane (11-20-2014)
Old 11-20-2014, 06:41 AM   #1200
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2009
Central Florida

Continued from previous post...
Quote:

The Sopranos: Season Six, Part 1 (2006)
New characters abound for Tony Soprano as his life grows increasingly complicated. Now that he and Carmela are back together, they must face the reality that their kids are no longer children, but not yet grown. And with Johnny Sack in prison, the always-tense relations between the New Jersey and New York families are strained even further.

1. Members Only (3/12/06)
Tony worries about Johnny Sack's upcoming RICO trial and the effect it is having on both the New York and New Jersey families. Junior's dementia continues. Eugene inherits a large sum of money, but can't do what he'd like to with it. Carmela's spec house faces construction problems.

2. Join the Club (3/19/06)
While the crew mourns the loss of another of their associates, a comatose Tony dreams of being a 'civilian' on a West Coast business trip that's marred by mistaken identity, while Carmela, Meadow, and A.J. hold vigil at his bedside. Meanwhile, Tony's convalescence creates a power void that some crew members are all too happy to try to fill.

3. Mayham (3/26/06)
As Tony's comatose dream continues, the stress of Silvio's added workload affects his health. A.J. becomes increasingly difficult for Carmela to control. Vito and Paulie argue over the profits from a recent job. Christopher seeks to re-enter the film business.

Bonus Features:
• Audio Commentary on Episode 2 with Edie Falco, Robert Iler, and Jamie-Lynn Sigler

4. The Fleshy Part of the Thigh (4/2/06)
The sale of Barone Sanitation is complicated by a son who doesn't get how things work. Tony has a discussion about religion and dinosaurs with an evangelical. Paulie learns a shocking truth about his upbringing. Bobby helps a wannabe rapper gain street cred.

5. Mr. and Mrs. John Sacrimoni Request (4/9/06)
Johnny Sack requests to get out of jail to attend his daughter's wedding. Tony decides to surround himself with a more physical presence during his recovery and takes steps to make sure he's not seen as weak. A chance encounter at a club leaves Vito shaken.

6. Live Free or Die (4/16/06)
Tony gets help from Italy to perform the hit on Rusty. Vito lams it after his double life is exposed, and Tony must decide his fate. Feeling left in the dust by Angie's hectic schedule, Carmela tries to get her spec house restarted, but faces difficulty.

Disc 3: Episodes 7-9
7. Luxury Lounge (4/23/06)
Artie goes off the deep end as Vesuvio's patronage plummets due to superior competition, while an unauthorized inside scam threatens business further. Christopher and Little Carmine take a trip west to get their movie started, where Chris becomes obsessed with obtaining celebrity swag. The hunt for Vito continues.

8. Johnny Cakes (4/30/06)
A.J. seeks to upgrade his life and enjoys the perks of having the Soprano name. A real estate offer, and the saleswoman, tempt Tony. The increasing corporate presence in the neighborhood stymies Patsy's protection racket. Another's heroism at a fire impresses Vito.

9. The Ride (5/7/06)
An announcement from Christopher surprises people. Paulie's cost-cutting at an Italian street fair comes at its own cost. An old-school heist invigorates Tony. Carmela is given reason to doubt that Adriana 'disappeared.

Bonus Features:
• Audio Commentary on Episode 7 with writer Matthew Weiner
• Audio Commentary on Episode 9 with writer Terence Winter, Michael Imperioli and Tony Sirico

Disc 4: Episodes 10-12
10. Moe n' Joe (5/14/06)
Tony takes advantage of Johnny Sack's financial crunch and seeks to quash Carmela's spec house; Bobby Bacala suffers an eye injury; Janice confronts Tony on his treatment of her and Bobby; Vito starts to pine for his old lifestyle.

11. Cold Stones (5/21/06)
Carmela gets a new life philosophy while in Paris with Rosalie; Meadow decides to move west with Finn; rising health insurance costs give no-show jobs new importance; Phil keeps demanding Tony take out Vito; Tony delivers an ultimatum to A.J.

12. Kaisha (6/4/06)
Phil Leotardo seeks to continue a cycle of retaliation between the New York and Jersey families. Christopher wrestles with his addictions. Tony decides keeping Carmela occupied with the spec house is for the best. A.J. gets a new girlfriend.

Bonus Features:
• Audio Commentary on Episode 12 with series creator/writer David Chase
Quote:

The Sopranos: Season Six, Part 2 (2007)
In the final nine episodes of the series, Tony continues to muse about his second changes at life while facing a myriad of immediate, stress-inducing crises at home, at work and from the law. Carmela, AJ and Meadow each make choices that promise to change the face of the Soprano' domestic life. Meanwhile, at work, Tony comes to doubt the allegiances of many of those closest to him. No one — not Paulie, Bobby Bacala, Silvio or even Christopher — is above suspicion.

1. Soprano Home Movies (4/8/07)
Bobby and Janice host a wild 47th birthday bash for Tony at their Adirondacks vacation home. Tony's actions following Johnny Sack's arrest come back to haunt him.

2. Stage 5 (4/15/07)
Christopher's Cleaver premieres, showing Tony how he feels about him; Johnny Sack faces a health crisis; Phil Leotardo resents his family — and himself — for being weak and downtrodden; Silvio gets caught up in New York's power vacuum.

3. Remember When (4/22/07)
When Tony's first hit is about to be unearthed, he and Paulie flee to Florida, where Tony contemplates their friendship; Junior organizes a poker game at the institution; the New York power struggle continues.

Bonus Features:
• Audio Commentary on Episode 1 with actor Steven R. Schirripa
• Audio Commentary on Episode 3 with actor Dominic Chianese

4. Chasing It (4/29/07)
Maria Spatafore requests help from Tony for Vito, Jr.; Tony's bad luck puts a rift between him and Hesh; A.J. makes a major choice regarding his future.

5. Walk Like a Man (5/6/07)
The relationship between Christopher and Paulie falters, while A.J. grows depressed over his break-up with Blanca.

6. Kennedy and Heidi (/13/07)
The Soprano and Lupertazzi crime families quarrel over asbestos removal; Tony deals with a problematic associate; Paulie suffers a devastating personal loss; A.J. questions his friendship with Jasons Parisi and Gervasi.

Disc 3: Episodes 7-9
7. The Second Coming (5/20/07)
Tony attempts to repair the rift between New Jersey and New York; A.J.'s depression struggle continues; a New York associate crosses the line with Meadow.

8. The Blue Comet (6/3/07)
The spectre of disloyalty among the crew hangs over Tony as Phil Leotardo decides how to handle recent issues with the Soprano crime family; a hit gone wrong comes at a huge cost; A.J.'s conquering of his depression is challenged.

9. Made in America (6/10/07)
Tony seeks to find a peace with the Leotardo crew while dealing with rumors a member of his own crew may have flipped; A.J. makes a decision regarding his future; Junior's slide into dementia continues.

Bonus Features:
• Making Cleaver [00:08:24]
• The Music of The Sopranos [00:16:32]
• Audio Commentary on Episode 7 with actor Robert Iler
• Audio Commentary on Episode 8 with actors Stevie Van Zandt and Arthur Nascarella
Quote:

The Sopranos: Bonus Features (1999-2007)
FIVE HOURS OF BONUS FEATURES!

[Show spoiler]Bonus Features:
Defining a Television Landmark
• Exclusive feature exploring how The Sopranos came to be and how it transformed the television landscape. Includes all-new interviews with cast, crew, celebrities, filmmakers, critics and academics, as well as never-before-seen archival footage from the groundbreaking series.

Supper with The Sopranos: Part I and II
• Sit down with executive producer/creator David Chase and the cast and crew of The Sopranos as they discuss their collective experiences on the series, and the scenes that had everyone talking.

Lost Scenes from all six seasons of The Sopranos
• Take a look at key scenes that never made it into the series!

Two-Part Interview with David Chase
Alec Baldwin sits down with David Chase to discuss his many experiences that informed and inspired the creation of The Sopranos.
• Cut to the Chase: Part I
• Anatomy of the Mob: Part II
Thought I'd post some pics of this title as seen within My Movies for WMC7 as well as I just finished updating the "Synopsis" of each title which now includes the given episode guide I had worked up, disc selection also calling out what episodes are on each disc. Makes for very quick work determining which disc I'd like to play, especially when using the My Movies iPad app. Added backdrops (wallpaper) as well for the title as a whole and for each season including the bonus disc, the backdrops for each season matching what was used for the given DVD release. In any event, eye candy below. Enjoy!

The Sopranos: The Complete Series ... as seen in My Movies for WMC7 (Front/Back)

The Sopranos: The Complete First Season (Front/Back)
[Show spoiler]

The Sopranos: The Complete Second Season (Front/Back)
[Show spoiler]

The Sopranos: The Complete Third Season (Front/Back)
[Show spoiler]

The Sopranos: The Complete Fourth Season (Front/Back)
[Show spoiler]

The Sopranos: The Complete Fifth Season (Front/Back)
[Show spoiler]

The Sopranos: Season Six, Part 1 (Front/Back)
[Show spoiler]

The Sopranos: Season Six, Part 2 (Front/Back)
[Show spoiler]

The Sopranos: Bonus Features (Front/Back)
[Show spoiler]

Last edited by AmishParadise; 11-20-2014 at 07:41 AM.
Thanks given by:
Thane (11-20-2014)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America