Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96
3 hrs ago
Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
8 hrs ago
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.96
5 hrs ago
The Outer Limits: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$46.25

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Lost Missions (Blu-ray)
$12.74
5 hrs ago
Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Blu-ray)
$29.33

Looker (Blu-ray)
$17.97

The Spy Who Dumped Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96
17 hrs ago
Metropolis (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International

Old 06-07-2014, 09:44 AM   #681

Mar 2013

hagios, my bad, I meant from the US - the series was released with English subtitling and English packaging, but you would be best off buying it second-hand as it is now out of print.

OR you can take a punt on the Scandinavian releases, I don't own any of the discs in the series so can't verify which discs (if all or none) contain English subtitles, but according to the covers it's about half and half. Having said that, it's becoming quite common for Scandinavian releases of Scandinavian series to come with English subtitles.

If you'd like I'll dig a little deeper, see if I can find out if all films are English subtitled in the Scandinavian release. If so, happy to help you out with placing an order.
Old 06-07-2014, 09:57 AM   #682

Mar 2013

According to this scan of the back cover of the complete set from Norway, all 12 films contain English subtitles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg varg_veum_-_komplett_samleboks_1-12.jpg (48.5 KB, 31 views)
Old 06-07-2014, 12:46 PM   #683
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2013
South Midlands town of Denton
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by julz0802 View Post
hagios, my bad, I meant from the US - the series was released with English subtitling and English packaging, but you would be best off buying it second-hand as it is now out of print.

OR you can take a punt on the Scandinavian releases, I don't own any of the discs in the series so can't verify which discs (if all or none) contain English subtitles, but according to the covers it's about half and half. Having said that, it's becoming quite common for Scandinavian releases of Scandinavian series to come with English subtitles.

If you'd like I'll dig a little deeper, see if I can find out if all films are English subtitled in the Scandinavian release. If so, happy to help you out with placing an order.
Quote:
Originally Posted by julz0802 View Post
According to this scan of the back cover of the complete set from Norway, all 12 films contain English subtitles.
julz0802,

Thanks for all your help...I would like to figure out how I can navigate these Scandinavian sites & order for myself by understanding some of these sites(need more English friendly sites), especially for the sub-titles & price's!
"In the dead of night, when the moon is high, and the ill winds blow, and the banshees cry, and the moonlight casts an unearthly glow...arise my love, with tales of woe!"
Jesus of Nazareth Hang'em High Wallander A Touch of Frost The Outlaw Josey Wales Dark Shadows Nightmare Theater The Big Valley...Olafur A Bad Co Stryper ABB Lyn.Skynyrd Petra...
"WAY""Perhaps Today" "For many are called,but few are chosen"
"payday someday"
Boilers 0-3 Hoosiers 3-0 Colts 1-1

Last edited by hagios; 06-07-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:16 AM   #684

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagios View Post
julz0802,

Thanks for all your help...I would like to figure out how I can navigate these Scandinavian sites & order for myself by understanding some of these sites(need more English friendly sites), especially for the sub-titles & price's!
From the suggestions previously made, these two sites offer English interfaces:
http://www.recordshopx.com/
http://www.dvd-shoppen.com/

And these two do not offer English interfaces (both Danish):
http://www.dvdoo.dk/
http://www.laserdisken.dk/html/

So for these two Danish sites, the key things you'll need to know are:
[Show spoiler]
læg i kurv = add to basket
vis kurven = view basket
(gå) til kassen = checkout
fortsæt = continue
næste trin = next step
vent venligst = please wait

When finalising the order:
postordre = mail order (as opposed to collecting in-store)
betal med betalingskort = pay by credit card
til sikker betaling = to secure payment
kortnummer = card number
udløbsdato = expiry date
udløbsmåned = expiry month
udløbsår = expiry year
kontrolcifre = control digits (CVV security code)
betal nu = pay now
gennemfør betaling = complete payment1

If registering for a new account to log in:
brugernavn = username
fornavn = first name
efternavn = surname
adresse = street address (house number and street)
vej = street
husnr = house number
postnr = postal/ZIP code
by = town/city
land = country

Obviously there are doubles of some terms, they are expressed differently by each site

Last edited by julz0802; 06-09-2014 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Incorrect URL quoted
Thanks given by:
zombivish (10-30-2014)
Old 10-02-2014, 07:04 PM   #685
Expert Member

Sep 2014
Stockholm
Sweden

I'm rather clueless why there's such a gap between US and International release of Transformers AOE.. Why do we have to wait almost two months for a release in Europe?!
Home theater: LG 55E6V + Panasonic DP-UB820 + Pioneer HTP-072 5.1
Old 10-08-2014, 07:08 PM   #686

Jul 2014

I see there are quite a few Danish/Swedish stores shipping internationally but what about Norwegian stores for the odd Norwegian title not found in Sweden or Denmark? Any ideas?
Old 10-10-2014, 12:04 AM   #687
Special Member

Apr 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandery View Post
I see there are quite a few Danish/Swedish stores shipping internationally but what about Norwegian stores for the odd Norwegian title not found in Sweden or Denmark? Any ideas?
I know of only one Norwegian store that ships worldwide, and that's http://www.nordicdvd.com. But they aren't exactly cheap. However Norwegian Blu-ray prices are generally quite high, the same are the postage charges, so do take that into account.

Alternatively, I can also help out (I'm in Norway).
3800 BDs and counting.
Old 10-30-2014, 09:41 AM   #688

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandery View Post
I bought a few times from http://www.playx.no and found the prices of items + shipping (to AUS) very reasonable. Unfortunately, in the last year or so I find their catalogue to be incomplete often lacking new releases and some items disappear very fast while other vendors are still selling them :-(
Old 11-22-2014, 05:17 PM   #689
Special Member

Apr 2010

A Norwegian Need For Speed and (to a lesser extent) Fast & Furious clone. Silly stuff, yet I found it quite entertaining. Clearly inspired by Hollywood cliches, but stands on its own feet still and is more family friendly. Has many spectacular shots of Norwegian scenery.

The Blu-ray was released November 19th, and while region B locked, I can confirm it includes English subtitles.

Subtitled trailer:

3800 BDs and counting.
Old 12-04-2014, 05:02 PM   #690
Special Member

Apr 2010

Out Dec. 3rd. Blu-ray has English subtitles.

Trailer:

3800 BDs and counting.
Old 02-11-2015, 09:17 AM   #691
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
UK

I'm really keen to buy this film - I found it on this site:

http://www.laserdisken.dk/html/visva...56442939682520

It's showing as out of stock, can anyone suggest an alternative site that ships to the UK, preferably a bit cheaper too.

Edit: Made a mistake there is one copy in stock, still a bit pricy though.

Last edited by Spiderwalk; 02-11-2015 at 09:22 AM.
Old 12-16-2015, 12:54 AM   #692

Jan 2015
Australia

I want the import Blu-ray of ant-man (2015) but I cannot find anywhere I can get it from! help me
Old 12-16-2015, 09:32 AM   #693
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010

Anyone know if Klovn Forever has English subs?
Old 12-16-2015, 09:44 AM   #694
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2011
Stockholm, but Sussex when back in UK
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnDoor View Post
Anyone know if Klovn Forever has English subs?
It's not released until 27th December, so will probably need to wait until then and see if any member in Denmark can check a copy in store. None of the Danish online retailers have a back sleeve shot, or list English subtitles (although that is pretty unreliable).
Old 02-10-2016, 10:48 AM   #695
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010

Just to confirm - Klovn Forever is very English-friendly. Just a shame there are no extras.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:39 AM   #696

Feb 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnDoor View Post
Just to confirm - Klovn Forever is very English-friendly. Just a shame there are no extras.
Thanks for the info!
Old 04-10-2016, 11:42 PM   #697
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2013
South Bay CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by crs View Post
I know of only one Norwegian store that ships worldwide, and that's http://www.nordicdvd.com. But they aren't exactly cheap. However Norwegian Blu-ray prices are generally quite high, the same are the postage charges, so do take that into account.

Alternatively, I can also help out (I'm in Norway).
Yikes! You're not kidding about them not being cheap. My "holy grail" blu ray at the moment is the first Fritt Vilt, since it has English subs. I ordered last week from a Norwegian site and was happy. Till I received a notice that they do not ship to the US. Talk about heartbreak!
Old 05-11-2016, 10:45 AM   #698

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyshark91 View Post
Yikes! You're not kidding about them not being cheap. My "holy grail" blu ray at the moment is the first Fritt Vilt, since it has English subs. I ordered last week from a Norwegian site and was happy. Till I received a notice that they do not ship to the US. Talk about heartbreak!
You could try from other Danish or Swedish sites; the Blu-Ray release of the film is the exact same. I have the first movie but only on DVD and can confirm it has English subtitles.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International