Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

12 Days of Deals, Day 9 is Live »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$79.99
2 hrs ago
Star Trek: The Original Motion Picture Collection (Blu-ray)
$16.96
 
Westworld: Season One (Blu-ray)
$16.99
2 hrs ago
Audition (Blu-ray)
$29.33
1 hr ago
Mission: Impossible - Fallout 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
12 hrs ago
Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Crazy Rich Asians 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
 
Supergirl: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
20 hrs ago
Mid90s (Blu-ray)
$14.99
3 hrs ago
BlacKkKlansman 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
The Mummy: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2016, 07:19 PM   #3161
bguzman bguzman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bguzman's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
No Cal
156
344
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
And the same to you Bugzzzzzzzzz
Thanks DRuss,
Check out my sig plasma bro.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 08:55 PM   #3162
DangeRuss DangeRuss is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
DangeRuss's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
230
449
354
74
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bguzman View Post
Thanks DRuss,
Check out my sig plasma bro.
..................................
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:14 PM   #3163
bguzman bguzman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bguzman's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
No Cal
156
344
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
..................................
Read my signature and you will see a couple of changes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:56 PM   #3164
DangeRuss DangeRuss is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
DangeRuss's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
230
449
354
74
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bguzman View Post
Read my signature and you will see a couple of changes.
Do you really expect me to be able to follow the ever changing rigs of yours and Bargain Billy's .............................. ?

[Show spoiler]I'm kinda old


So what'd you get ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 12:14 AM   #3165
bguzman bguzman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bguzman's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
No Cal
156
344
1
Default

I picked up a Panasonic TC-P50G10. It is a THX certified 1080p 50 inch plasma TV with low panel hours and looks virtually new.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 01:45 AM   #3166
bguzman bguzman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bguzman's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
No Cal
156
344
1
Default

The wife and I went for a bike ride a while ago. Now it's time for more PIE!
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 04:18 AM   #3167
Travis Travis is offline
Blu-ray King
 
Travis's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
On the sofa
30
1634
299
4
14
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by bguzman View Post
The wife and I went for a bike ride a while ago. Now it's time for more PIE!
Nice. I gotta track down some pumpkin pie! Bike ride....not so much for me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 02:48 AM   #3168
bguzman bguzman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bguzman's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
No Cal
156
344
1
Default

We binge watched Westworld and now we are on Stranger Things, f'in awesome.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 04:02 AM   #3169
bguzman bguzman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bguzman's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
No Cal
156
344
1
Default

I recently picked up a TC-P50G10 with low panel hours and in near perfect shape. After a little research on AVS forums I discovered a device that resets the black levels to "as new". It's called a PMCv2 from an AVS member. See the before and after pics.


Anybody with a Panasonic plasma should pick one of these up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:40 AM   #3170
Waboman Waboman is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo
385
3
Default

Interesting device you have there. I'm getting a Drablet like gimmicky vibe. Thoughts?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 05:54 AM   #3171
bguzman bguzman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bguzman's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
No Cal
156
344
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Interesting device you have there. I'm getting a Drablet like gimmicky vibe. Thoughts?
Hey Wabs,
Not quite the same. It plugs into the service port and resets the black levels. Check it out here. Huge following over at AVS where I discovered it while drudging through the old plasma threads. It is a circuit board but those are in almost anything now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 10:33 AM   #3172
DangeRuss DangeRuss is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
DangeRuss's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
230
449
354
74
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss
Default

Good Morning Bugzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bguzman View Post
I recently picked up a TC-P50G10 with low panel hours and in near perfect shape. After a little research on AVS forums I discovered a device that resets the black levels to "as new". It's called a PMCv2 from an AVS member. See the before and after pics.


Anybody with a Panasonic plasma should pick one of these up.
As the owner of a couple older Panasonic VIERA panels ...................... I could use some more info
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 01:16 PM   #3173
bguzman bguzman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bguzman's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
No Cal
156
344
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
Good Morning Bugzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!!!

As the owner of a couple older Panasonic VIERA panels ...................... I could use some more info
Morning DRuss,

I checked out the supported panels and yours is on the list here. The rest is up to you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 02:48 PM   #3174
DangeRuss DangeRuss is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
DangeRuss's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
230
449
354
74
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bguzman View Post
Morning DRuss,

I checked out the supported panels and yours is on the list here. The rest is up to you.
Wow .................................... both of them ?

But from what I've read ....................... I'll have to crack open the case ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:22 PM   #3175
Waboman Waboman is online now
Blu-ray Archduke
 
Waboman's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Terraforming planet Wabo
385
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bguzman View Post
Hey Wabs,
Not quite the same. It plugs into the service port and resets the black levels. Check it out here. Huge following over at AVS where I discovered it while drudging through the old plasma threads. It is a circuit board but those are in almost anything now.
Interesting premise. It tricks the tv into thinking it's new again. I look forward to your thoughts after playing with it awhile.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:51 PM   #3176
DangeRuss DangeRuss is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
DangeRuss's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
230
449
354
74
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bguzman View Post
I picked up a Panasonic TC-P50G10. It is a THX certified 1080p 50 inch plasma TV with low panel hours and looks virtually new.


Please forgive me .................... I thought I replied to this post already ........................

Congratulations ....... on joining the Panasonic VIERA club

I have their first THX certified panel and it's still going strong
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 09:11 PM   #3177
bguzman bguzman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bguzman's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
No Cal
156
344
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
Wow .................................... both of them ?

But from what I've read ....................... I'll have to crack open the case ?
No "cracking" involved. Just take the service cover off and plug it in. Took way less than 5 minutes. On your TV I believe it is that little cover under the HD I ports.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 09:58 PM   #3178
DangeRuss DangeRuss is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
DangeRuss's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
230
449
354
74
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bguzman View Post
No "cracking" involved. Just take the service cover off and plug it in. Took way less than 5 minutes. On your TV I believe it is that little cover under the HD I ports.
So the circuit board just hangs inside the case or does it screw down ?

And I think I may have a problem with my secondary display though

My TC-P42C1 is on the Unknown/Unverified list

Last edited by DangeRuss; 12-01-2016 at 08:13 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:01 AM   #3179
bguzman bguzman is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
bguzman's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
No Cal
156
344
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
So the circuit board just hangs inside the case or does it screw down ?

And I think I may have a problem with my secondary display though

My TC-P42C1 is on the Unknown/Unverified list
It just hangs there, it is pretty small. If you send an email first you can get a discount if you order one for your unverified panel and according to the site it is free if it is incompatible.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 09:12 AM   #3180
DangeRuss DangeRuss is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
DangeRuss's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
230
449
354
74
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss
Default

Good Morning Bugzzzzz!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bguzman View Post
It just hangs there, it is pretty small. If you send an email first you can get a discount if you order one for your unverified panel and according to the site it is free if it is incompatible.
.................. Maybe.................. I should just order the one unit and swap it out between the 2 displays and if all goes well with the C1 I'll order the second

Does the adjustment happen immediately after installing the chip ?

Last edited by DangeRuss; 12-01-2016 at 08:17 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:49 PM.