Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99
18 hrs ago
Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$15.50

The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99
23 hrs ago
Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00

Oculus (Blu-ray)
$6.99

The House of the Devil (Blu-ray)
$8.99
11 hrs ago
Venom 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
13 hrs ago
A Quiet Place (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Tomb Raider (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Alpha (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Some Like It Hot (Blu-ray)
$19.59

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old 06-10-2016, 12:07 AM   #1
Banned

Jun 2016
-
Default Unearthed Blu-Ray Films

1. Rock & Rule
2. The Scarlet Worm
3. Where The Dead Go To Die
4. Atroz
5. Francesca
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ROCK & RULE.jpg (94.3 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg THE SCARLET WORM.jpg (95.6 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg WHERE THE DEAD GO TO DIE.jpg (95.9 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg ATROZ.jpg (97.6 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg FRANCESCA.jpg (100.2 KB, 77 views)

Last edited by BluRayVsDVD; 06-10-2016 at 12:12 AM.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:16 AM   #2
Banned

Jun 2016
-

Only own Rock & Rule .. haven't seen any of the others but i do have Atroz and Francesca on pre-order the synopsis for both def grabbed my attention wondering if anyone has seen any of those two among the other 2 - The Scarlet Worm and Where the Dead Go To Die
Old 12-08-2016, 08:36 PM   #3
Special Member

Feb 2008

I ordered American Guinea Pig DVD and a Blu-Ray of part 2, Bloodshock from Unearthed Films direct on November 21st and thus far do not have the product or any sort of shipping confirmation.

In fact, I am currently unable to even find their store page anymore. Anyone have any info? I don't really want to too away $48.00. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 12-08-2016, 10:52 PM   #4

May 2015

http://www.unearthedfilms.com/

I could be wrong but I think I read that they're moving. Seems like that info was posted in a thread about a sale Unearthed was having but I don't remember when that was.
Old 12-09-2016, 01:18 AM   #5
Special Member

Feb 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeth View Post
http://www.unearthedfilms.com/

I could be wrong but I think I read that they're moving. Seems like that info was posted in a thread about a sale Unearthed was having but I don't remember when that was.
ok, thanks for that link. Yeah they were having a black friday type sale last month. I didn't think it would take this long to get to me.
Old 12-09-2016, 08:48 AM   #6

Jan 2016

Ye gods, they need to rebuild their website from scratch. I'm not going to drop forty bucks on a Rock & Rule BD until I know every single thing about the disc and you have to go on a frikkin' expedition just to find details for the DVD.
Old 05-04-2017, 02:31 PM   #7
Special Member

Feb 2014

Have you ever thought, "You know what? There's a serious dearth of homemade horrors with their big, red hearts in the right place. And even more so homemade werewolf flicks, filled with great gore gags and nothing but practical FX." Well, you're in luck, because D.I.Y. legend Todd Sheets​ is in pre-production on BONEHILL ROAD​, his blood-splattered tribute to lycanthropy lore -- and he wants your help! Todd has set up an Indiegogo page to help raise funds for the creation of bigger and better effects -- simply put, the more money he raises, the more werewolves there'll be, the more gore will get splashed, and the more stuff will get wrecked. Perks include everything from DVDs and Blu-Rays, to signed scripts, posters, used props and screen credits. A distribution deal is already in place for the finished film, so even if you don't contribute you'll have a chance to see it, but every penny that gets front-loaded helps make the end result that much better FOR ALL OF US. I've already donated my part -- now it's your turn. Check out the page for more details, and tell 'em Cinema Arcana sent ya'!

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/b...lf-film-horror

Old 08-16-2017, 11:32 PM   #8
Special Member

Feb 2014

Though Unearthed Films has been around for fifteen years, the company’s recent focus has been the distribution of newer, challenging horror titles and the full-on production of similar content, like their successful AMERICAN GUINEA PIG series. However, head honcho Stephen Biro recently teased that they’re “taking a chance” and getting back to their roots with the 4K restorations of a triptych of Paul White productions, all fondly remembered from the VHS era.

First up is Jean-Paul Ouellette’s much-requested Lovecraft adaptation, THE UNNAMABLE (1988). The film follows a group of Miskatonic college kids who decide to stay the night in their local “haunted” mansion. Unfortunately for them, the old stories are true, and there really is a pissed-off, winged beastie stalking the grounds. Can they make it back to class alive? Packed with gothic atmosphere, gory set-pieces and a truly memorable monster, THE UNNAMABLE definitely earns its spot on your shelf.

Second is Bruce R. Cook’s NIGHTWISH (1989), which finds more college kids placed in peril after visiting a dilapidated estate. This time they’re on location for a professor’s out-there experiments, planning to battle the supernatural with science. And there are aliens, or something. It’s all kind of strange, but there’s plenty of gooey KNB FX to keep you occupied!

Lastly is D.J. Webster’s sci-fi terror, THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON (1990). In the way-off future of 2022, a space crew accidentally travels to the titular eclipse, a sort of astrological Bermuda Triangle that wreaks havoc with their ship’s functionality. When team members start showing up dead, it becomes readily apparent something sinister is at play. A surprisingly creepy, well-made horror definitely deserves some wider recognition!

A solid trio of films, and though my VHS tapes have served me well all these years, I’m glad to see them all spruced up for Blu. Let’s hope they do well enough to encourage Unearthed to attempt similar titles in the future – I mean, I’m all for exposing newer genre fare to wider audiences, too, but this stuff is much more my speed! Watch this site for further details!

Thanks given by:
Bradsdadg (08-17-2017), FarewelltotheFlesh (08-19-2017), Seymour (08-17-2017)
Old 08-17-2017, 12:19 AM   #9

Jul 2017
Small town Massachusetts

Thanks for the update! I am definitely interested...
Old 02-26-2018, 07:17 AM   #10
Expert Member

Mar 2012
Buffalo, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce holecheck View Post
Though Unearthed Films has been around for fifteen years, the company’s recent focus has been the distribution of newer, challenging horror titles and the full-on production of similar content, like their successful AMERICAN GUINEA PIG series. However, head honcho Stephen Biro recently teased that they’re “taking a chance” and getting back to their roots with the 4K restorations of a triptych of Paul White productions, all fondly remembered from the VHS era.

First up is Jean-Paul Ouellette’s much-requested Lovecraft adaptation, THE UNNAMABLE (1988). The film follows a group of Miskatonic college kids who decide to stay the night in their local “haunted” mansion. Unfortunately for them, the old stories are true, and there really is a pissed-off, winged beastie stalking the grounds. Can they make it back to class alive? Packed with gothic atmosphere, gory set-pieces and a truly memorable monster, THE UNNAMABLE definitely earns its spot on your shelf.

Second is Bruce R. Cook’s NIGHTWISH (1989), which finds more college kids placed in peril after visiting a dilapidated estate. This time they’re on location for a professor’s out-there experiments, planning to battle the supernatural with science. And there are aliens, or something. It’s all kind of strange, but there’s plenty of gooey KNB FX to keep you occupied!

Lastly is D.J. Webster’s sci-fi terror, THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON (1990). In the way-off future of 2022, a space crew accidentally travels to the titular eclipse, a sort of astrological Bermuda Triangle that wreaks havoc with their ship’s functionality. When team members start showing up dead, it becomes readily apparent something sinister is at play. A surprisingly creepy, well-made horror definitely deserves some wider recognition!

A solid trio of films, and though my VHS tapes have served me well all these years, I’m glad to see them all spruced up for Blu. Let’s hope they do well enough to encourage Unearthed to attempt similar titles in the future – I mean, I’m all for exposing newer genre fare to wider audiences, too, but this stuff is much more my speed! Watch this site for further details!

Nothing much being posted about these titles for some time, any idea or perhaps updates that we should be aware of?

For sure I'm down for the Unnameable and Dark Side of the Moon, just want to be able to plan when my wallet will be taking the hit
Old 02-26-2018, 12:48 PM   #11
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2012
NJ (USA)

I was looking for this thread to confirm I'd read that The Unnamable was being released but couldn't find it. The search function on this site sucks tbh. Anyway, yeah, the lack of news is troubling. I hope this hasn't fallen through as this trio of films is among my most-anticipated.
Old 02-26-2018, 02:14 PM   #12
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009

^
Here's the thread - click on 'Advanced Search', and then select 'Search Titles Only'.

Three months ago they were 'just finishing up The Unnamable. Hopefully we can get the cast and crew involved', so I'm guessing they're working on/wrapping up the extras/interviews now.
Thanks given by:
Cinema84 (02-26-2018), gobad2003 (02-26-2018)
Old 02-27-2018, 03:07 AM   #13
Expert Member

Mar 2012
Buffalo, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
^
Here's the thread - click on 'Advanced Search', and then select 'Search Titles Only'.

Three months ago they were 'just finishing up The Unnamable. Hopefully we can get the cast and crew involved', so I'm guessing they're working on/wrapping up the extras/interviews now.
Right, I saw that posted, but was concerned with a lack of any new information or possible street date.

I'll admit to being really excited for Unnameable and Dark Side of the Moon, only ever watched both films on VHS, and never owned them (wasn't an avid VHS buyer), so I had hoped to drum up a tidbit of more information...

I just hope some day that we get a "real" release of Moontrap, not that abomination that Olive Films released. This would be one film I would gladly toss some $$ at in the form of a kickstarter (provided the right people were working on this). It's an awful film, but boy do I love it...
Old 05-23-2018, 02:54 PM   #14
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009

Just curious, how long does the shipping process take, for those who have ordered directly from them before?
Old 10-09-2018, 11:27 PM   #15
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009

I got Where The Dead Go To Die from Amazon but it doesn't have the blu-ray logo on the front top of the case. Is this normal for this company's older titles?
Old 10-10-2018, 12:40 AM   #16

Jan 2016
Isle of Lucy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze View Post
I got Where The Dead Go To Die from Amazon but it doesn't have the blu-ray logo on the front top of the case. Is this normal for this company's older titles?
I have this too and it doesn't have the Blu-ray logo on the case, but it isn't a BD-R, if that's what you're concerned about—it's a pressed disc.
Thanks given by:
zeze (10-11-2018)
Old 10-11-2018, 01:28 AM   #17
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2014
Fresno, California, USA

Ordered Song of Solomon through Target.com.

Saw a trailer for it and it's like some freaky hybrid of Exorcist style demon possession film and a splatter flick.

...it looks amazing.
Thanks given by:
TripleHBK (10-11-2018)
Old 10-11-2018, 01:33 AM   #18
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasmaskAvenger View Post
Ordered Song of Solomon through Target.com.

Saw a trailer for it and it's like some freaky hybrid of Exorcist style demon possession film and a splatter flick.

...it looks amazing.
Let me know what you thing when you watch it! I asked about it in the Recommend a Horror movie thread and didn't get any replies. I have no problem with gruesome effects when there is a story in place but when the story is lacking and it's nothing more than an attempt to shock/gross people out I'm not all that interested. From what I've read this has some loose framework of a story so I should be ok, but I'd love to hear your thoughts on it. I've had my eye on it for about 2 months now so your opinions may convince me to make a purchase.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:21 AM   #19
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2014
Fresno, California, USA

I'll post my thoughts here once i've seen it.
Thanks given by:
TripleHBK (10-11-2018)
Old 10-11-2018, 04:07 AM   #20
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze View Post
Great movie and yeah that's normal.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors