Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Ready Player One 3D (Blu-ray)
$31.29
16 hrs ago
X-Men: Apocalypse 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

$14.99

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Assassin's Creed 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Maze 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.72

Independence Day: Resurgence 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Arthur Christmas 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.12

September Storm 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.12

Everest 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.18

BBC Earth Wild Planet 3D Gift Set: Planet Dinosaurs / Tiny Giants / Winged Planet (Blu-ray)
$18.25

Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.12

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors

Old 11-20-2017, 01:58 PM   #61

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill722 View Post
That is so funny. I did all these things as well. I called ezcontacts and had them look for me, and they were discontinued. I will let you know how the hobbit/tintins and the gunnars I could find, the gliffs, work, tonight. And yes the Sony are available here at b and h audio but there is a 2 to 4 week wait and also available in England but they are $180.00 either way! So I would say we are SOL. Oh well maybe Paul H. will let us borrow his! Ha.Ha. Keep me up on your search and I will do the same. And good luck to us both.
I'm not too aure about the gliffs. there is a place in ca that is a little cheaper on the Sony. calmedia. check them out. I haven't pulled the trigger o. The Sony yet. I prefer less of a john Lennon style lens. I will let you know what I track down.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2017, 02:49 PM   #62
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by nc88keyz View Post
Would anyone like to sell me their Gunnar Midnight Onyx Glasses, I could be looking for two pairs, or one. depending on price. Thank you. Would like to experience the best 3D that OLED has to offer for my G6, and actually would like them for the Last Jedi coming up.

Gunnar Optiks MID-00106 Midnight Onyx 3D glasses.

Thank You!
My advice is to be vigilant in your search

The Gunnar Midnight Onyx 3D glasses were priced from $147.00 to $169.00 when they were available on-line. They can suddenly show up on ebay.

I grabbed a used pair from ebay around the 4th of July for $18.00 that look brand new to me. One man's treasure is another man's junk.

Here was a picture of the listing:
Screen Shot 2017-11-20 at 6.39.56 AM copy.jpg
Old 11-20-2017, 03:02 PM   #63

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
My advice is to be vigilant in your search

The Gunnar Midnight Onyx 3D glasses were priced from $147.00 to $169.00 when they were available on-line. They can suddenly show up on ebay.

I grabbed a used pair from ebay around the 4th of July for $18.00 that look brand new to me. One man's treasure is another man's junk.

Here was a picture of the listing:
Attachment 186656
Ive been looking for close to a week and a half.

I part of me just died inside seeing what you paid for those!

Good stuff although I do feel slightly empty now inside, good thing turkey day is soon!
Thanks given by:
Paul H (11-20-2017)
Old 11-20-2017, 07:28 PM   #64

Jul 2016
Novato, CA

damn, this thread is disheartening. since the high-end glasses are so hard to find, are there any "pretty darn good" mid-level glasses that are readily available?
Old 11-20-2017, 08:11 PM   #65
Special Member

Sep 2011
Northern CA

I've tried a couple other pairs and was going to do a follow up. A friend of mine recommended the Vizio's.

After buying a couple pairs I thought for the price Vizio's both clip-on and regular glasses was one of the better brands. I think maybe better than the True Depth 3D in some ways.

The Gunnars pop up on e-bay, I think you can still get them at a store or two online, but its like $150.

The Sony clip-ons are $92. Still a bit high but maybe worth it with some kind of saving coupon.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...arizer_3D.html

Last edited by grodd; 11-20-2017 at 08:29 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 11:53 PM   #66

Jul 2012

Im fairly certain after a week of obsessing on locating these on the internet that they are all but gone. If someone has them, they are likely offline and off the grid from anytime of advertisement. Hell Best Buy used to carry them, but its been 5 years. I have about every search string on ebay covered for these. I have secured a pair but not for 150. I had to courier them into the country via India. I hope they are the holy grail of 3D glasses because I felt like I parted with a little gold actually.

My hopes are if I can secure a second set maybe on the used market, I will be in more of a MSRP classification for what I paid for them. Anyways, i spent majority of the week emailing places in the USA that I saw them show up. I then thought I found 2 pair on AMazon.de ( Germany) site, but they were the Midnight Onyx non 3D version. You have to look very close at the model numbers. #MID-00106.

For anyone that is interested I would trade a SNES Classic for a pair of (Gunnar Optiks Midnight Onyx MID-00106), OR a pair of the sony clipons (BMK-31G), or sony specs (BMK-30G). LMK. Its what I have that is close to the same value.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:38 PM   #67

Jul 2012

Wildbill, you have a msg in your box. Let me.know what you think.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 12-06-2017, 12:14 AM   #68
Special Member

Feb 2014

Interesting! I was cleaning through my apartment this evening and saw my vintage Howard the Duck Slurpee cups stuffed with all these theater 3-D glasses from the previous years.

I was debating on throwing them in the recycle bin, but thought I probably could use them one day, if I ever start crapping money and finally get my own 3-D television.

Any suggestions on how to clean them? They are a little dusty. I thought of running them under some water, to avoid any abrasion on the lenses, but feared it might get moisture trapped in the joints.
Old 12-06-2017, 05:10 AM   #69
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Canada
-

Swiffer.
Thanks given by:
BeastCreatureTrapper (12-06-2017)
Old 02-12-2018, 07:00 AM   #70

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina
Default ag-f310 lg glasses

I know there may be better glasses to watch passive 3d on, but the lg glasses that came with your tv are pretty damn good. They are light, generally perfectly flat and produce a great 3d picture that does very little to darken the picture.

There is a person on ebay selling 50 of these for $75.00. Just thought you might want to stock up. They may be gone one day. And they only last for about a couple of weeks of cleaning, etc. before it is nice to be able to change them out.

I have no affiliation with this person, but did just get a box of them in. They come directly from lg in an unopened box and are dated March of 2018. Each of the 50 glasses are individually boxed in the original lg boxes and have not been touched, and come wrapped and in storage bags.
Thanks given by:
MaxPower111 (02-12-2018), nc88keyz (02-13-2018)
Old 03-15-2018, 05:29 PM   #71

Dec 2015

I know this may be frowned upon but I have a bunch or passive RealD glasses that I take from the theater, I love those. They are disposable if damaged and easy to clean. I also wear my own pair of glasses underneath. With the RealD glasses I find that there is a notch by the bridge that allows them to sit perfectly on my glasses so that they dont even touch my nose. I have been perfectly happy with those. I even have a pair where I added a little foam bridge to rest on top of my regular glasses which works perfectly. Maybe I should look into getting an official pair? But would I be able to put them over my existing glasses?
I hate wearing contacts when watching at home because my eyes get a little dry. For some reason when I wear contacts to the theaters my eyes do not get dry. Anyways thought I would put some input on the glasses conversation, Cheers!
Old 03-15-2018, 05:48 PM   #72

Jul 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnator View Post
Maybe I should look into getting an official pair? But would I be able to put them over my existing glasses?
There exist clip-on glasses to fit over Rx Glasses.

See http://prescription3dglasses.homestead.com/

Also these

https://www.amazon.com/3VIEW%C2%AE-Passive-Glasses-Prescription-Eyewear/dp/B005SVB6EA

Google is always your friend for these things.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:56 AM   #73
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Canada
-

If you are serious about passive glasses, you should checkout Look3d. They are the ones that make the custom glasses that you get a theatres and some of them look fantastic.

I've bought from them before. They have lots of cool options, but I am a passive 3D nut.

They also make designer brand 3D glasses, whatever that means. :-)

http://look3d.com/
Old 03-17-2018, 03:38 PM   #74

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina
Default Ebay deal on lg glasses

I bought a lot of 50 lg passive glasses on ebay a couple of weeks ago. Anybody else do the same? I ask because these glasses appear to be very different. I would love to know if someone else noticed the difference. Thanks.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:55 AM   #75

Oct 2014

Just a quick warning to folks NOT to buy these. I have all kinds of 3D glasses from cheapo to expensive and have always preached that there is little difference beyond style and comfort. But I was wrong. These showed a little crosstalk, something I never see on my tv....only thing I can figure is the lenses are not quite mounted right.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These cheaper clip on's work great...as do all the other clip on's I have...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 04-16-2018, 04:58 AM   #76
Special Member

Sep 2011
Northern CA

Try Vizio's clip-ons. I think those are one of the best 2 clip-ons out there.
Thanks given by:
Kenbar (04-18-2018)
Old 05-03-2018, 03:54 AM   #77

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina
Default Glasses review and 20/15 eyesight

I have spent the last week comparing gunnar midnight onyx's, sony's bkm-30gs and never released lg 2018 cinema glasses.

First, they are all wonderful glasses. The 2018 lg cinemas surprised me as to how much better they are than the 2016s that came with my 65s and 77. They let in more light and therefore the picture is just brighter. Not sure why. I like them because I have so many I can be rough on them with no worries. They remind me of the last 3d tvs from lg; as soon as they really got them right they quit making them!

The gunnar midnights are wonderful, clear and bright glasses as well. And they feel the most expensive. But they are just not as comfortable as the Sonys or for that matter, even the lgs. And for me that is truly what matters: a great picture and the ability to forget I have them on. The Sonys are so light and their bendability is second to none. I simply forget I am wearing them. Colors and clarity are same as on 2d picture. No yellowing or browning that I can see and no fogginess in anyway. You can see why these are used by the medical profession. Perfection.

No ghosting, all showing perfect pictures and massively wonderful 3d pictures. I have to cringe when I look back on the heavy and uncomfortable active glasses I used to use. I mean no disrespect to the active shutter glasses user but the truth is the truth. I was never able to forget I had glasses on and I had to take breaks from them. None of this with any of these glasses.

I have to say of the three I enjoy the Sonys the most; I just never got tired of wearing them; so light and bright with perfect colors. And super easy to clean as well. The lgs are also very bright and also light but not quite as comfortable but pretty damn close. And the same for the gunnars.

Bottom line is you can't go wrong with any of these glasses. But I just can't get enough of the Sony bkm-30gs. I now have 4 sets of these.

As a side note it is really important that your eyes be as close to 20/20 as possible. I use contact lenses which give me around 20/15 to watch 3d features and the results are fantastic. I also do the same with glasses; two sets, one for normal viewing one for watching 3d glasses, and I find the lgs very good for wearing in front of the prescription glasses.

And finally I thank everyone who came before me for turning me on to these glasses before they disappeared.
Thanks given by:
dhvsfan (05-03-2018), EVERRET (05-03-2018), grodd (05-29-2018), Paul H (05-04-2018), revgen (05-03-2018)
Old 05-05-2018, 03:48 AM   #78
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2017
Washington state

I picked up 2 pairs of those Sony BKM-30GM glasses on eBay awhile back for an amazing price.
[Show spoiler]$30 total after shipping.

I agree with how super comfortable they are and really brightens up the screen. Me and my wife take them to the theater when we go see a 3D movie and they are so much better than the ones they hand out. I'm glad only one other person bid against me for them.

Thanks given by:
wildbill722 (05-05-2018)
Old 05-05-2018, 08:31 PM   #79

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina
Default sony bkm-30gs

Aren't they great glasses! They really make wearing glasses a non-issue for me and my wife, as well. And yes using them in the theatre makes all the difference.
We would still have 3d tv right now if they had shown the masses an lg passive 4k 3d tv picture and these glasses to watch it with. Water under the bridge.... except for you and me and other lucky souls! That was a tremendous deal by the way.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:08 PM   #80
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill722 View Post
I have spent the last week comparing gunnar midnight onyx's, sony's bkm-30gs and never released lg 2018 cinema glasses.

First, they are all wonderful glasses. The 2018 lg cinemas surprised me as to how much better they are than the 2016s that came with my 65s and 77. They let in more light and therefore the picture is just brighter. Not sure why. I like them because I have so many I can be rough on them with no worries. They remind me of the last 3d tvs from lg; as soon as they really got them right they quit making them!

The gunnar midnights are wonderful, clear and bright glasses as well. And they feel the most expensive. But they are just not as comfortable as the Sonys or for that matter, even the lgs. And for me that is truly what matters: a great picture and the ability to forget I have them on. The Sonys are so light and their bendability is second to none. I simply forget I am wearing them. Colors and clarity are same as on 2d picture. No yellowing or browning that I can see and no fogginess in anyway. You can see why these are used by the medical profession. Perfection.

No ghosting, all showing perfect pictures and massively wonderful 3d pictures. I have to cringe when I look back on the heavy and uncomfortable active glasses I used to use. I mean no disrespect to the active shutter glasses user but the truth is the truth. I was never able to forget I had glasses on and I had to take breaks from them. None of this with any of these glasses.

I have to say of the three I enjoy the Sonys the most; I just never got tired of wearing them; so light and bright with perfect colors. And super easy to clean as well. The lgs are also very bright and also light but not quite as comfortable but pretty damn close. And the same for the gunnars.

Bottom line is you can't go wrong with any of these glasses. But I just can't get enough of the Sony bkm-30gs. I now have 4 sets of these.

As a side note it is really important that your eyes be as close to 20/20 as possible. I use contact lenses which give me around 20/15 to watch 3d features and the results are fantastic. I also do the same with glasses; two sets, one for normal viewing one for watching 3d glasses, and I find the lgs very good for wearing in front of the prescription glasses.

And finally I thank everyone who came before me for turning me on to these glasses before they disappeared.
Thanks Wildbill for posting the hands-on experiences!

A Couple question please which could really help my understanding.

How would I recognize a pair of "never released" lg 2018 cinema glasses? Are they available for purchase somewhere?

And second question . How are the Sony bkm-30g's when wearing them in front of prescription glasses?

Appreciating all answers, your time and expertise!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors