Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Crimson Peak (Blu-ray)
$36.68
1 hr ago
Midnight Cowboy (Blu-ray)
$18.96

This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$5.00
27 min ago
Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - The Lost Missions (Blu-ray)
$12.74

Bull Durham (Blu-ray)
$18.96
12 hrs ago
The Spy Who Dumped Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Outer Limits: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$46.25

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Headphones, Portable Audio, Computer Audio

Old 12-26-2017, 03:53 AM   #1821
Special Member

May 2011
Seoul, Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by koover View Post
Something just occurred to me that I never noticed, you're in Seoul Korea. How could I have never noticed that before? So much for what I mentioned in my last post.
Merry Christmas!

If it makes you feel any better, I received a new power supply, CPU, RAM, motherboard, Noctua NH-D15, PCIe wifi adapter, three packages of socks, and DUNKIRK 4k UHD in the mail today.
So... Christmas was a day late for me!!
To be, or not to be. That is the question?
Old 12-26-2017, 11:13 AM   #1822
Power Member

Aug 2009
Surprise Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracer111 View Post
I really liked the HD6XX very much except for a few very minor things. Was thinking of going with the HD660S, but not at it's initial price point. But now there's the HD58X Jubilee just dropped today, and I went in on it after reading the DIYaudioHeaven review and others the last few days. They will be my 6-series cans, and the Loki will help them out in the low end:

https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com...ilee-massdrop/

I just realized something looking at my desk, this is what nearly $3k looks like sitting on it...

Yowzers... didn't think about how much I've spent until just now...

Don't think I will be keeping the HD700, it's a picky headphone that sounds really great sometimes, but not often enough - very song/genre dependant headphone. And since experiencing the ESP950, which is AWESOME all the time, the HD700 is just very lacking now - the ESP950 absolutely outclasses it. Would still like a higher end open, dynamic driver headphone in my collection though... really thinking about the Focal Elex down the line... definitely want to try out a Clear or Elex to see if it would really suit me though, have not heard any Focal headphone.
I know what you mean bro. I keep looking at my desk and wonder, where did everything come from?
Isn't it amazing when you pickup something new, love it, then after hearing something else that you just picked up, it's just not that great anymore.
I'm going through the same thing right now. I swore by the Sony MDR-Z7 and now it's on the chopping block.
I'm impatiently waiting for my Mr Speakers Aeon flow open to arrive but won't be here any earlier then this Friday due to the holiday. From everything I've read, this seems like it will maybe even overtake my beloved TH900. We'll see what it sounds like though.

I have to mention this man since it's year end and just because. You have undoubtedly been the most influential person to me since joining this hobby. You're the one who helped me through EVERYTHING when I was still cutting my teeth and weening in this hobby Thank you sir!
Hope you had a great Christmas man!
Epson 6010 3D projector +120" powered Elite Cinetension. Integra 30.7 AVR + APC J-10
7.3 Def Tech BP10B 2006TL 2002 CLR Pro Monitor 1000
SVS PB2000 + PB12 NSD + Def Tech supercube 1 Oppo BDP-93. Sonos Connect + Niles OS7.3
HT=Magni2 Uber, Portable=Oppo HE-2, DFR. Desktop=Balanced Gumby Multibit Gen 5>Mjolnir2>Ember V.2
HP=Balanced Atticus, Balanced LCD2-C, Balanced AFO, TH-X00 PH mod, Balanced Peterek modded MDR-Z7, 99 classic, Neo, AH-D2000 mod, Balanced HD 650.
Old 12-26-2017, 11:27 AM   #1823
Power Member

Aug 2009
Surprise Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by KcMsterpce View Post
Merry Christmas!

If it makes you feel any better, I received a new power supply, CPU, RAM, motherboard, Noctua NH-D15, PCIe wifi adapter, three packages of socks, and DUNKIRK 4k UHD in the mail today.

So... Christmas was a day late for me!!
That's awesome! Sometimes I forget we're on bluray.com as I rarely post anymore about movies as it's all audio. You were a recipient of some VERY cool gifts. My wife and I didn't even get each other a card this year which is a first. I bought my headphones and she has a very expensive trip coming up in a few months so we're good!
Just watched Dunkirk yesterday. To me at least, pure genius and a masterpiece. The socks had to be the icing on the cake.
Hope your holiday was outstanding.

Badas
, I still look at your gallery dude. I really wish I had the capability to have a dedicated theater room but just can't. Had to get creative and turned our living room into one. Have the screen/projector, motorized shades, all the windows blacked out, etc. It works but still....a dedicated room is so much better. Your Bluray collection also rocks. I've slowed down buying (almost a standstill compared to before) and only purchase the newest releases. I have everything that interests me plus I just don't spend the time watching movies like a did just last year. I feel almost 2700 blurays is enough to last a few lifetimes. Between my audio and video equipment, I don't know what I cherish more.

Same thing with you Paul, you have a nice theater set-up too dude. Audio/video all just goes hand in hand and I really can't have one without the other.
Epson 6010 3D projector +120" powered Elite Cinetension. Integra 30.7 AVR + APC J-10
SVS PB2000 + PB12 NSD + Def Tech supercube 1 Oppo BDP-93. Sonos Connect + Niles OS7.3
HT=Magni2 Uber, Portable=Oppo HE-2, DFR. Desktop=Balanced Gumby Multibit Gen 5>Mjolnir2>Ember V.2
HP=Balanced Atticus, Balanced LCD2-C, Balanced AFO, TH-X00 PH mod, Balanced Peterek modded MDR-Z7, 99 classic, Neo, AH-D2000 mod, Balanced HD 650.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:18 AM   #1824
Expert Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
I know what you mean bro. I keep looking at my desk and wonder, where did everything come from?
Isn't it amazing when you pickup something new, love it, then after hearing something else that you just picked up, it's just not that great anymore.
I'm going through the same thing right now. I swore by the Sony MDR-Z7 and now it's on the chopping block.
I'm impatiently waiting for my Mr Speakers Aeon flow open to arrive but won't be here any earlier then this Friday due to the holiday. From everything I've read, this seems like it will maybe even overtake my beloved TH900. We'll see what it sounds like though.

I have to mention this man since it's year end and just because. You have undoubtedly been the most influential person to me since joining this hobby. You're the one who helped me through EVERYTHING when I was still cutting my teeth and weening in this hobby Thank you sir!
Hope you had a great Christmas man!
Aeons are very nice cans... and hard to find a headphone more comfortable than it. Open is fairly different sounding than closed though from all accounts I've seen, I've only heard the closed.

You sure you want to thank me for this hobby? LOL
HEADPHONE AUDIO: Windows 10 laptop w/Foobar2K & FLAC
DACs: RME ADI-2/ Gustard X20U/ JDS Labs EL DAC/ DFR Other Schiit Loki & EITR, Shanling M0 DAP
Amps: Gustard H10/ Mjolnir Audio SRD-7 energizer/NAD C275BEE amp combo/ TASCAM MH-8
Headphones: Audeze Mobius/ B&O H7/ Denon AH-2000 (mod project)/ Fostex TH-X00PH, MH, & PS/ Koss KPH30i/ Monolith M1060/ Philips SHP9500/ Sennheiser HD58X/ STAX L300 Ltd 80th
Old 12-27-2017, 02:30 AM   #1825
Expert Member

Feb 2011

And I need to make a new gallery for my HT setup...It's fairly different from the most current gallery plus I just put in some 'redneck' overhead lighting (according to my mom - It's my house so I put my foot down that I'm doing it how I want... LOL) that works very well - gives excellent quality and even diffuse lighting throughout the entire living room from two 4' LED shoplights mounted inverted on simple aluminum brackets I made for them... I'll post some pictures later, my brother and his wife are watching a movie right now. I do have a certain view of aesthetic design that many don't seem to agree with...LOL

Edit: Here's the pictures...

DACs: RME ADI-2/ Gustard X20U/ JDS Labs EL DAC/ DFR Other Schiit Loki & EITR, Shanling M0 DAP
Amps: Gustard H10/ Mjolnir Audio SRD-7 energizer/NAD C275BEE amp combo/ TASCAM MH-8
Headphones: Audeze Mobius/ B&O H7/ Denon AH-2000 (mod project)/ Fostex TH-X00PH, MH, & PS/ Koss KPH30i/ Monolith M1060/ Philips SHP9500/ Sennheiser HD58X/ STAX L300 Ltd 80th

Last edited by Vracer111; 12-27-2017 at 03:16 AM.
Old 12-27-2017, 02:58 AM   #1826
Special Member

May 2011
Seoul, Korea

Quote:
I do have a certain view of aesthetic design that many don't seem to agree with...LOL
My aesthetic design is just... "is it working?"
I move on average once every 1-2 years. I don't have a home. I can't drill holes in the walls. I hate moving lots of crap from one place to another, so I try to balance Price (P), with Quality (Q), with total surface area/bulk (A). P*Q/A.

I had the Azur 551r because it was half the size of most other receivers without sacrificing quality. SM65s are my front speakers, but they used to be the SM55 (Definitive Technology) because they are smaller. However, moving into a bigger place caused the SM55s incapable of filling the room nicely.
The SM65s are on top of plastic drawer bins for height balance. The bins are also a way to put things away, and not just speaker stands taking up space.

No posters. I don't have Atmos because I can't drill holes in the ceiling, but making speaker poles to angle four speakers up high would make the room almost impossible to walk in (upward firing won't cut it for me; it's ceiling speakers or nothing!).

I have no lamps. No furniture of my own, except for a homemade riser stand to mount the TV on top of my center speaker, and a single table for the receiver and TV.
The Oppo player is on top of its own box. On the floor. Next to the TV.

I keep all my boxes so the movers are less likely to break my shit when I move. This means that my place is almost half occupied with empty boxes, but it looks like I have more "stuff" because, well, it's occupying more space. Some of those boxes are used as a table or shelf to hold that same item (my printer is another example).

Talk about aesthetics? I'm the Master of Aesthetics!

Last edited by KcMsterpce; 12-27-2017 at 03:06 AM.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:19 AM   #1827
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2008
LOTR Auckland, New Zealand (Down Under)

Quote:

Badas
, I still look at your gallery dude. I really wish I had the capability to have a dedicated theater room but just can't. Had to get creative and turned our living room into one. Have the screen/projector, motorized shades, all the windows blacked out, etc. It works but still....a dedicated room is so much better. Your Bluray collection also rocks. I've slowed down buying (almost a standstill compared to before) and only purchase the newest releases. I have everything that interests me plus I just don't spend the time watching movies like a did just last year. I feel almost 2700 blurays is enough to last a few lifetimes. Between my audio and video equipment, I don't know what I cherish more.

Same thing with you Paul, you have a nice theater set-up too dude. Audio/video all just goes hand in hand and I really can't have one without the other.
So nice of you to say. I get embarrassed a bit when people comment. I just use the heck out of it.
I'm sure your HT is awesome as well. Motorised shades sounds cool.

I've done my HD6xx evaluation. I give it a 8.5/10.
To put it into context I give the Flow a 7.5/10 and the Hawks a 9.5/10.
Hawks are still my favourites. I can't get past the holographics and lushness of the Hawks.
I found a few songs the HD6xx fell apart on and the Hawks rocketed ahead. Automobile by Kaleo being an example. A very difficult song.
HD6xx sounded closed and treble turned a little transistory. It almost got away with it as it hinted some warmth but didn't deliver.
Switch to the Hawks and the track sounds wonderful. Larger soundstage, holographic with instrument separation and there was no hint of warmth it was just warm and lush.

I will put the HD6xx aside and go back to the Hawks until the balanced cable arrives. Once this happens I will give HD6xx a round 2.
I want to see if balanced opens it up a bit. I feel the soundstage needs to open. At the moment it is too closed.

Disclosure guys. When I'm talking Hawks be aware I'm not using the stock pads but AudioQuests optional boost pads. Where the treble is slightly boosted and bass slightly tamed.
Source: 2x Oppo BDP-103D's (Bluray, CD, and SACD), PS3, PS4, Project 1.3 turntable.
Amplification: Marantz SR7009, 2x Marantz MM7055's (10 amps bi-amping 5 channels).
Speakers: (Atmos 5.3.2): 4 x Polk RTiA7's, Polk CSP 1000, 2x Atlantic TLC-8.2, Polk PSW1200, 2x SVS SB Ultra 13's and triple buttkicker system.
Projection: Dreamvision Siglos 3 Tentation Ltd. 4KUHD.
Headgear: iPod in Arcam Dock, Schiit Yggdrasil DAC, Woo WA22(tube amp), Violectric V281(SS amp), Aeon Open, HD6xx, AQ Hawks.

Last edited by Badas; 12-27-2017 at 03:23 AM.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:34 AM   #1828
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2008

Quote:
And I need to make a new gallery for my HT setup...It's fairly different from the most current gallery plus I just put in some 'redneck' overhead lighting (according to my mom - It's my house so I put my foot down that I'm doing it how I want... LOL) that works very well - gives excellent quality and even diffuse lighting throughout the entire living room from two 4' LED shoplights mounted inverted on simple aluminum brackets I made for them... I'll post some pictures later, my brother and his wife are watching a movie right now. I do have a certain view of aesthetic design that many don't seem to agree with...LOL

Edit: Here's the pictures...

I use Polk stuff as well. I have since 1995. I find their speakers excellent.
They have kinda a bad rep here I don't know why? Being a British colony most tend to like British stuff like Kef or Cambridge Audio. However I've found the Polks have served me damn well.
Source: 2x Oppo BDP-103D's (Bluray, CD, and SACD), PS3, PS4, Project 1.3 turntable.
Amplification: Marantz SR7009, 2x Marantz MM7055's (10 amps bi-amping 5 channels).
Speakers: (Atmos 5.3.2): 4 x Polk RTiA7's, Polk CSP 1000, 2x Atlantic TLC-8.2, Polk PSW1200, 2x SVS SB Ultra 13's and triple buttkicker system.
Headgear: iPod in Arcam Dock, Schiit Yggdrasil DAC, Woo WA22(tube amp), Violectric V281(SS amp), Aeon Open, HD6xx, AQ Hawks.

Old 12-28-2017, 12:58 PM   #1829
Power Member

Aug 2009
Surprise Arizona

Good morning/evening fellas!
Hey Paul, someone said they like your YouTube channel over on the M1060 thread on Headfi.
Do you now have a channel or is he confused like I was when I first started talking to you? I don't know if you remember but I thought you were Zero. LOL. It must have been all the anime. Anyway, I'd take your opinion over his anyway....all you guys as a matter of "fact"
Old 12-28-2017, 09:18 PM   #1830
Expert Member

Feb 2011

Quote:
Good morning/evening fellas!
Hey Paul, someone said they like your YouTube channel over on the M1060 thread on Headfi.
Do you now have a channel or is he confused like I was when I first started talking to you? I don't know if you remember but I thought you were Zero. LOL. It must have been all the anime. Anyway, I'd take your opinion over his anyway....all you guys as a matter of "fact"
I have a Youtube channel, but it just a personal one I throw random stuff on dealing with my hobbies and interests, not any kind of regular or professional content... not a 'Youtuber'...

Yes, I remember when you thought I was Zeos... LOL
Old 12-29-2017, 12:16 AM   #1831
Expert Member

Mar 2012
Western New York, U.S.A.

Quote:
My aesthetic design is just... "is it working?"
LOL! I haven't moved in like 18 years, but I am at the point that I don't worry too much about hiding wires and cables very neatly at all any more. I'm happy as long as it works and shit ain't hanging in front of the screen, . My body hurts too much to be climbing behind stuff on my hands and knees.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:36 PM   #1832
Power Member

Aug 2009
Surprise Arizona

Happy New Years guys.
Old 12-31-2017, 11:56 PM   #1833
Power Member

Aug 2009
Surprise Arizona

image.jpg
Old 01-04-2018, 02:03 AM   #1834
Expert Member

Mar 2012
Western New York, U.S.A.

Quote:
Man, that's a lot of Schiit, lol.
Thanks given by:
koover (01-06-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 05:09 PM   #1835
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2008

Happy New Years guys.

I've just come back from camping. It is summer here.
It was the best holiday in years.
We are mad JetSkiers (I even race in events). So we went to a big fresh water lake surrounded by a natural forest. We did JetSkiing, tube towing, wake boarding, mountain biking and things called the luge (little carts that fly down hills) and zorbing (where you are shoved in a big clear bouncy ball and thrown down a hill). Damn it was good.

Anyhow. I returned to a PM from Dan who makes all the Mr Speakers HP's.
He read that I wasn't totally satisfied with the Ether Flows. He read what equipment I have and told me to try a few things.
I have to say the end result is sounding freakin great. Early days but I'm testing non-forgiving music and the Ether Flows are reminding me of the forgiving Hawks. Very low distortion with warmth.
I have to say the service from Dan is exceptional. You can tell the guy just breaths music. His heart is totally in it.
Fairly sure he has changed my mind on his Ether Flows. It might be my go to HP.
I will use it exclusively for the next few weeks to form a long term opinion.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:35 PM   #1836
Special Member

May 2011
Seoul, Korea

What makes Dan pay attention to what you have to say about your cans? You've mentioned several times before about this. Is this due to being a part of headfi forums or something? I have purchased two sets of headphones from the guy, but never heard a peep from him. I only post on bluray.com though, and don't really discuss or contribute to other forums in any way.
Old 01-06-2018, 12:59 AM   #1837
Power Member

Aug 2009
Surprise Arizona

Yeah, Interesting stuff. It's gotta be the Headfi thing. Dan participates a lot in the Aeon Flow thread and responds to many posts.
I'm really happy with my Aeon Open flows and has become my go-to even over my Fostex TH900. I broke my TH-X00 Purplehearts and just waiting for replacements parts. Long story but it involved a dog.
When it's all said and done I'm trading the 900's and keeping the PH's. I'm looking for an Atticus, LCD-X , a HE 560+cash and even a Nighthawk +cash for the 900's. That's how much I love the MrSpeakers AND Purplehearts.
I would love to hear the Flows and hopefully at our meet in February, someone has a pair. We have a TON of gear the entire vendor community sends us. We even have Audeze coming out this go around. But I forgot Dan sends us all to most of his headphones on loan for the meets so I should be able to hear both the open and closed flows. Dan's VERY involved in the Headfi community.

Sounds like you had a great time Badas. I'm jealous man!
KC...that sucks man. That's not right as their service department should be taking care of you. Their gear is expensive man.
Old 01-06-2018, 01:04 AM   #1838
Power Member

Aug 2009
Surprise Arizona

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogmeat69 View Post
Man, that's a lot of Schiit, lol.
I'm breaking up the family too! I have a Garage 1217 Project Ember V2 coming on Monday. Gotta figure out a way to keep all the gear in the chain intact. I have a feeling somethings got to go....on the sideline that is!
Old 01-06-2018, 03:40 AM   #1839
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2008

Quote:
What makes Dan pay attention to what you have to say about your cans? You've mentioned several times before about this. Is this due to being a part of headfi forums or something? I have purchased two sets of headphones from the guy, but never heard a peep from him. I only post on bluray.com though, and don't really discuss or contribute to other forums in any way.
Yeah. It was on Head-Fi.
I mentioned that they don't sound great on tubes and on occasion they sound closed or spitty. That's when he PMed me. He told me the closest settings to get impedience right.
The V281 is making the Flows sound fantastic. I haven't tried the WA22 yet.

I think the Ether Flows need the amp matched extremely closely.

Thanks given by:
KcMsterpce (01-06-2018)
Old 01-06-2018, 07:57 AM   #1840
Special Member

May 2011
Seoul, Korea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badas View Post
Yeah. It was on Head-Fi.
Alright. That makes sense. I respect his commitment to customer satisfaction!

Quote:
I think the Ether Flows need the amp matched extremely closely.
I find that's the case with planars in general. I've tried a few HiFiMan cans, the Alpha Dogs (mine) and the Alpha Prime with my stuff, and overall when planars have great compatibility, it's AWESOME. If not, then... they sound thin and/or harsh, even if the proper ohm output/input ratio seems in sync. They just take a lot of juice, I think. That, along with proper fiddling, planars have a quicker attack, more natural decay, and a very "poppy" treble (not harsh, just more snappy) compared to most dynamic. This, of course, is a generalization - not written in stone.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Headphones, Portable Audio, Computer Audio