Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
NBA 2K19 (PS4)
$39.88
17 hrs ago
Shadow Of The Tomb Raider (PS4)
$44.99
 
Nioh (PS4)
$19.99
 
Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1+2 (PS4)
$29.99
 
Madden NFL 19 (PS4)
$39.99
 
Shadow of the Tomb Raider (PS4)
$69.99
21 hrs ago
Shadow Of The Tomb Raider (PS4)
$44.95
 
Destiny 2: Forsaken (PS4)
$39.98
 
Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite (PS4)
$19.93
 
Shenmue I & II (PS4)
$23.22
 
Valkyria Chronicles 4 (PS4)
$51.64
 
Little Nightmares (PS4)
$18.93
3 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2016, 12:04 AM   #21
Hayabusa85 Hayabusa85 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Hayabusa85's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Calgary, Canada 🍁
716
5042
1777
Default

Not finding the driving too difficult but do need to find the right balance of aggressiveness. I am usually too aggressive since I know I have the rewind safety net but seem to be a bit too safe knowing I have no safety net. Oddly it is where I should be going flat out that I am losing time since I keep getting paranoid and brake into a 5 Doesn't help that the CPU puts up really fast times through those sections. Like every rally game I can think of in recent memory I seem to pull away on hairpins and stuff though so that has helped balance it out. Won the first three stages in career and finished 2nd in the fourth with a small enough gap to win the rally. So off to a decent start at least
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (01-02-2018)
Old 04-07-2016, 08:01 AM   #22
Blu Lemmy Blu Lemmy is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jun 2011
United Kingdom
525
14
8
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdkiller likes BD View Post
Is it useful if you're playing in automatic?

I also heard that adjusting your brake bias to the back wheels will help you get around tighter turns better if you start with a Mini.
I thought so, especially on the twisty tracks, I shaved major time off with shorter ratios
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 12:45 AM   #23
Harry Güchenschlong Harry Güchenschlong is offline
Senior Member
 
Harry Güchenschlong's Avatar
 
Dec 2014
Colorado
429
177
30
Default

Good Lord is this game unforgiving I love it anyway even though I constantly have to back off the gas or I go flying off the road.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (01-02-2018)
Old 04-11-2016, 11:27 PM   #24
LynxFX LynxFX is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
LynxFX's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
Default

Anyone using a wheel? If so, how is it?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 07:57 AM   #25
Blu Lemmy Blu Lemmy is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jun 2011
United Kingdom
525
14
8
1
Default

I finished 1st in the 60s championship. The game is tough. Still struggling no end with the rally cross stuff but hey ho
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:21 PM   #26
Goodintentions Goodintentions is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Goodintentions's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
the Anals of Uranus
16
Default

just finally got into this game and finished the 60s championship .. came in 2nd mainly because of them effing me on the 3rd course and giving me a DNF for 16th place.. finished 2nd - 4th in all others
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:05 PM   #27
Blu Lemmy Blu Lemmy is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Jun 2011
United Kingdom
525
14
8
1
Default

Back on this, finished 3rd overall in the Wales rally
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (01-02-2018)
Old 01-02-2018, 11:17 PM   #28
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Apr 2011
England
558
Default

Been playing this in VR for the past week and you guys won’t believe how good it is. I would actually say it justifies the price of the headset by itself. It’s that good! Instead of playing a driving game, you are IN the game. It becomes extremely intense but you can pick out the corners better and it just feels so immersive. If you are a racing fan it’s a must. If you are a rally fanatic, you are missing out big time by not playing this in VR.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (01-03-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 07:25 PM   #29
Lovemy3D Lovemy3D is offline
Power Member
 
Lovemy3D's Avatar
 
May 2010
2
Default

Thanks Steedeel. I was going to bump this thread up when I got time but you got to it first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Been playing this in VR for the past week and you guys won’t believe how good it is. I would actually say it justifies the price of the headset by itself. It’s that good! Instead of playing a driving game, you are IN the game. It becomes extremely intense but you can pick out the corners better and it just feels so immersive. If you are a racing fan it’s a must. If you are a rally fanatic, you are missing out big time by not playing this in VR.
I know right... I was trying to tell you guys in the VR thread how awesome this game is in VR when I first started getting into it. In VR it easily has to be the most fun racing game there is right now. Dirt Rally VR and Skyrim VR are probably my two favorite games at the moment. A quote from the developer in one of the videos. "VR should be being looked at for all racing games." Can't agree more. Racing is well suited to VR and once you have raced in VR it's hard to go back. (If not impossible.)

In VR the realism in both the tracks and environments and handling of the cars is over the top fun. Though we shouldn't alienate those who are not playing in VR either since it's a general game thread and I'd love to get more input and tips from others playing the game in whatever mode they like to play it in.


I'd love to play this more but hard to tear myself away from Skyrim. But going to have to for a couple of hours here and there because I love driving these cars so much.

Right now since I don't have a lot of time to divide between two games and I have one of the best cars unlocked, I think. I'm just practicing on a couple of my favorite courses to try and shave my times off of them.

The Fourketa Kourva sprint course in Greece. My goal is trying to see if I can get under 3 minutes. I got it down to 3:19.425.

And The long Geufron forest in Wales course. I had a 6:20 something time on that I'd like to beat. At least I think it was in the 6:20's I'll have to double check. It's 6 something anyways. I think anything under 7 is doing really good on it. Since I started the game up again though and out of practice I've not gotten under seven minutes on it yet. But only tried a few times.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace17 View Post
If it's like the PC version, it's the complete opposite of WRC 5. That's like comparing Gran Turismo 5 to Motorstorm.

I haven't played DiRT rally since it went out of early access and the latest patches, but when I played it upon release on PC early access it was hard as ****. I wasn't even trying to win a stage - I was trying to make it to the end of the stage. And I think I was on beginner lol

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but don't expect a successor to Dirt 2/3 unless they've made wild changes. I know many would still like a more arcade-ish rally game like those too.
Yeah I know. When you first start playing it doesn't even feel like racing. The goal is to just not fall off the road lol. And in order to do that you have to just put put along like a sunday afternoon driver. When I first started playing the game I wasn't sure about it for that reason. But something about the realistic feeling of it kept making me want to keep playing. I'm so glad I did, because once you start learning to drive it, and getting better faster cars. It's unbelievable and intense racing. Not at all the slow put putter it seems in the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynxFX View Post
Anyone using a wheel? If so, how is it?
I was using a driving wheel and pedals and loved it. I got the Thrustmaster and pedals for the PS4 and it works great.

Since I started playing again I decided to go back to using the controller for a while at least. Because the last few months I've been having back problems and sitting in my swivel chair playing VR really helps for some reason. Something about the way the back rest of the chair is designed really helps my back feel better after sitting in the chair for a few hours. But when I was trying to play Dirt Rally again with the driving wheel it wasn't so good on my back. All the extra motion while playing. So for that reason I decided at least for now to use the controller.

And after getting used to playing with both controller and wheel and going back to controller. I can say that there is not a huge advantage in using the wheel. The wheel and pedals is obviously a lot of fun for immerrsion reasons and adds to the realism. I love the way the force feedback works in the driving wheel and how realistic it feels. But it is a lot more work using it, moving your arms and legs all the time rather than just your fingers.

With the controller the response time does seeem a little slower. I have traction control turned off and had to check if I got it turned back on again somehow. Because the car seems a little less slippery on the road than it did when I was using the wheel.

The slight difference in the way the dual shock controller handles the cars and the wheel handles the cars I don't think is either an advantage or disadvantage for either way of playing. It's just a matter of getting used to either one and getting used to the timing of when to turn and brake for ultimate results in your drifting. Learning to drift well through the corners and even slight curves in the raod is mandatory in this game to drive at speed.

There is one big advantage to using the controller though. Much easier to adjust the viewpoint. All I have to do is scoot my chair forward so my viewpoint is closer. With the wheel I had to push my chair back as far as I could and then reach out with my foot and hold the button down on the steering wheel with my toe if I wanted to be closer.

In the standard game do they have adjustable views? In the VR version they don't really but a person can adjust the viewpoint because of it being VR and there is a viewpoint centering button that can be used for a lot of VR games. And I get creative with it in order to position myself the way I like in certain games. Dirt Rally being one of them.

Last edited by Lovemy3D; 01-03-2018 at 08:28 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (01-03-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 10:07 PM   #30
KRW1 KRW1 is offline
Power Member
 
Oct 2012
45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Been playing this in VR for the past week and you guys won’t believe how good it is. I would actually say it justifies the price of the headset by itself. It’s that good! Instead of playing a driving game, you are IN the game. It becomes extremely intense but you can pick out the corners better and it just feels so immersive. If you are a racing fan it’s a must. If you are a rally fanatic, you are missing out big time by not playing this in VR.
This and the pinball game are the two I couldn't play any other way now. I love driving the classic cars on horribly dangerous roads.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (01-04-2018)
Old 01-03-2018, 10:32 PM   #31
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Apr 2011
England
558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRW1 View Post
This and the pinball game are the two I couldn't play any other way now. I love driving the classic cars on horribly dangerous roads.
I’m back and forth with this and ‘I Expect You To Die’ at the moment. I plan to get back into the Pinball game very soon. Just got the basic 3 tables at the moment but I may get the expansion pack at a later date.

As for Rally, it’s just another ball park altogether. I managed to get it in the sale for just £15. Best bargain I have ever had game wise.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (01-04-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 04:10 AM   #32
Zivouhr Zivouhr is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Zivouhr's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
USA
124
Default

Looks cool.
Those wide open fields would make me want to go offroad, like in Test Drive Unlimited 2, or an open world racing game.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (01-04-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 04:43 AM   #33
Lovemy3D Lovemy3D is offline
Power Member
 
Lovemy3D's Avatar
 
May 2010
2
Default

That's an example of one of the Wales courses. I love those muddy tracks.
One time when I went off the track I was like screw it I'm just going to go drive off into the country side if I can. It let me go a little ways before throwing me back onto the track. I think there is a timer countdown before they reset you.

In the video they took the visual indicators of the pace notes off the HUD. Normally there is a visual indicator too showing you the turn or curves and some other aspects of the upcoming course. 1-6 green red and yellow indicating how fast you might be able to take it. Hair pin, acute,or square corner. And the co-driver describing dips and cambers and bad bumps and stay left or right over crests and what not. Though if you know the course and your car. Or know just how to take a certain section. You can sometimes take a 2 or 3 yellow at top speed as if it were a 6 if you do it just right. Going into them at just the right angle and drift. Then again you can also lose control and go off the road on a 6 if you underestimate it a little

There is an in game tutorial on the pace notes too. And also tutorials and tips on how to drive certain types of corners and sections.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (01-05-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 09:54 AM   #34
Lovemy3D Lovemy3D is offline
Power Member
 
Lovemy3D's Avatar
 
May 2010
2
Default

Did a little practicing tonight. A little more than I was intending to but lost track of time. Happy with where I got though. Feels good.

Beat my previous time on the Greece FOURKETA KOURVA previously 3:19.425. Got it down to 3:13.992. Love that course because of the section with the scary narrow downhill with the drop off on the left side with no railing. It's intense.

My best Wales GEOFRON FOREST time was actually 6.46.17 I came so close to beating it but had a couple of bad mess ups. But even so I was still in the green on the final stretch but slid a little and missed it by 3 seconds. Darn. At least I know I can get it though.

What are your guys favorite cars and tracks?

I'm Loving my Hyundai super rally car. I'm not sure if there is something I'd like better because there is a lot I've not driven. But the Hyundai is a pretty bad ass car and handles very well. As long as I push up the viewpoint that is. Some of the earlier cars I was using I could sit back in the seat more and was fine. But it's too hard for me with the Hyundai sitting back that far.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 04:14 PM   #35
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Apr 2011
England
558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3D View Post
Did a little practicing tonight. A little more than I was intending to but lost track of time. Happy with where I got though. Feels good.

Beat my previous time on the Greece FOURKETA KOURVA previously 3:19.425. Got it down to 3:13.992. Love that course because of the section with the scary narrow downhill with the drop off on the left side with no railing. It's intense.

My best Wales GEOFRON FOREST time was actually 6.46.17 I came so close to beating it but had a couple of bad mess ups. But even so I was still in the green on the final stretch but slid a little and missed it by 3 seconds. Darn. At least I know I can get it though.

What are your guys favorite cars and tracks?

I'm Loving my Hyundai super rally car. I'm not sure if there is something I'd like better because there is a lot I've not driven. But the Hyundai is a pretty bad ass car and handles very well. As long as I push up the viewpoint that is. Some of the earlier cars I was using I could sit back in the seat more and was fine. But it's too hard for me with the Hyundai sitting back that far.
Only used the starter cars so far. Might have quick session tonight to see if I can advance. .
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:28 PM   #36
Lovemy3D Lovemy3D is offline
Power Member
 
Lovemy3D's Avatar
 
May 2010
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Only used the starter cars so far. Might have quick session tonight to see if I can advance. .
Good luck.

Just take your time with it and practice drifting into the corners at a controlled pace without going off the road. There is nothiing more frustrating in a racing game than when you are trying to go too fast and you keep losing control and crashing. Of course nothing slows down your course time more than crashing does. Go at your own pace and gradually push your limits and the speed will come. Then when you unlock the super cars it will feel like you had been previously on a leash and now suddenly set free to fly. I remember when I first bought the Hyundai and took it for it's first run. I was like. " Yeah buddy! Now that's what I'm talking about!" Feels like you are on a little high powered turbo jet just flying.

I'm tempted to turn off the timers on the HUD. Because when I'm trying so hard to beat my time and I'm having a really good run. I'm in a zone just focused and flying hitting everything perfectly feeling like I'm driving like never before. And then I see that fricking timer hit green. I get so nervous and throws off my rhythm and makes me mess up or slow way down afraid I'm going to crash and lose it.

But then again it's exactly that kind of intensity that makes me love racing games so much. Heart starts beating so hard sometimes.

Last edited by Lovemy3D; 01-04-2018 at 07:29 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (01-04-2018)
Old 01-04-2018, 10:00 PM   #37
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Apr 2011
England
558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3D View Post
Good luck.

Just take your time with it and practice drifting into the corners at a controlled pace without going off the road. There is nothiing more frustrating in a racing game than when you are trying to go too fast and you keep losing control and crashing. Of course nothing slows down your course time more than crashing does. Go at your own pace and gradually push your limits and the speed will come. Then when you unlock the super cars it will feel like you had been previously on a leash and now suddenly set free to fly. I remember when I first bought the Hyundai and took it for it's first run. I was like. " Yeah buddy! Now that's what I'm talking about!" Feels like you are on a little high powered turbo jet just flying.

I'm tempted to turn off the timers on the HUD. Because when I'm trying so hard to beat my time and I'm having a really good run. I'm in a zone just focused and flying hitting everything perfectly feeling like I'm driving like never before. And then I see that fricking timer hit green. I get so nervous and throws off my rhythm and makes me mess up or slow way down afraid I'm going to crash and lose it.

But then again it's exactly that kind of intensity that makes me love racing games so much. Heart starts beating so hard sometimes.
I had a disaster! . I played the first Wales track and I went from doing ok (ish) in prior courses to second bottom after my first race. I must have crashed half a dozen times. So difficult!
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 03:39 AM   #38
Lovemy3D Lovemy3D is offline
Power Member
 
Lovemy3D's Avatar
 
May 2010
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
I had a disaster! . I played the first Wales track and I went from doing ok (ish) in prior courses to second bottom after my first race. I must have crashed half a dozen times. So difficult!
Yeah that's going to happen takes a lot of practice to get used to.

If you are crashing too much you have to slow down and just practice getting used to the feel of the car and how to keep it on the road. Don't concentrate much on where you are in the standings just on your own driving and try to make gradual improvements to your driving. You don't need to win to make money to get a better car. Just finish the races.

One time I had my car so smashed up I could barely drive it at all and my co-driver was telling me to retire. I was like screw you I'm not retiring. If I retire I don't get any money. I'm going to get out and drag this car across the finish line if I have to in order to get paid. It was a long drive with my car bareley functioning lol.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:29 AM   #39
Steedeel Steedeel is offline
Blu-ray Duke
 
Apr 2011
England
558
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemy3D View Post
Yeah that's going to happen takes a lot of practice to get used to.

If you are crashing too much you have to slow down and just practice getting used to the feel of the car and how to keep it on the road. Don't concentrate much on where you are in the standings just on your own driving and try to make gradual improvements to your driving. You don't need to win to make money to get a better car. Just finish the races.

One time I had my car so smashed up I could barely drive it at all and my co-driver was telling me to retire. I was like screw you I'm not retiring. If I retire I don't get any money. I'm going to get out and drag this car across the finish line if I have to in order to get paid. It was a long drive with my car bareley functioning lol.
that’s how I felt too!

Can you switch cars whilst competing in The first tournament? I have bought a 1980’s Ford car for £120,000 but I don’t know how to make it playable in the tournament. It doesn’t change automatically as when I go back to the course I am still in my old car. Would appreciate any tips on what I might be doing wrong.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Lovemy3D (01-05-2018)
Old 01-05-2018, 06:17 PM   #40
Lovemy3D Lovemy3D is offline
Power Member
 
Lovemy3D's Avatar
 
May 2010
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
that’s how I felt too!

Can you switch cars whilst competing in The first tournament? I have bought a 1980’s Ford car for £120,000 but I don’t know how to make it playable in the tournament. It doesn’t change automatically as when I go back to the course I am still in my old car. Would appreciate any tips on what I might be doing wrong.
Oh I think I remember being a little cunfused about that happeneing to me too the first time. As far as I can tell at least you won't be able to use the new car until you start a new event and you go to the car select screen before it starts. You have to stick with the same car until it's over or cancel it if you want to start over with another car.

Lately since I don't have a lot of time and like the car I have. I've just been doing the custom ones where I select the country and track I want to race. And select personal best competition. If I don't beat my time I just select restart and do it again. Or start a new one with a different track if I want. Eventual I'll want to do some more real events to make money to unlock more cars. And I see that the car I'm using still has one more upgrade I can do to it as well.

There are a lot of tracks I don't like driving that much( And I really hate having to drive Germany it's no fun for me. Just a chore I have to do to get in game money.) So I like to spend my limited time for it racing against my best times on the tracks I love the most. But it's like that for me with most racing games. I pick out a few tracks I really like a lot and try to master them as best I can.

Looking at the world leader boards there are some people that are just insanely good at this game. I'd love it if I could get near the top of the score boards on at least one track.

I absolutely love driving all of Wales. All of Greece. All of Finland. The icey mountain country and the other snowy country are okay but I don't love them like the other three. They are nice when I feel like something different and want to get some different scenery.

Last edited by Lovemy3D; 01-05-2018 at 07:03 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:25 AM.