Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Red Sparrow (Blu-ray)
€15.00

The Fortress (Blu-ray)
€15.55
13 hrs ago
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Blu-ray)
€14.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
€24.99

Saving Private Ryan 4K (Blu-ray)
€19.69

Tomb Raider (Blu-ray)
€16.40

Blade Runner 2049 3D (Blu-ray)
€15.26

The X-Files: Season 11 (Blu-ray)
€22.24
16 hrs ago
Black Panther (Blu-ray)
€20.00

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (Blu-ray)
€18.99

The Huntsman: Winter's War (Blu-ray)
€14.89
3 hrs ago
Twin Peaks: The Third Season (Blu-ray)
€29.99
18 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > France

Old 01-05-2018, 12:41 AM   #101

Jan 2018
Long Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackForrester View Post
Have you checked this site? There's lots of publicity stills I have never seen before:
https://www.moviestillsdb.com/movies/showgirls-i114436

Regarding the 'revisionist memory' of certain cast members, if you mean Kyle MacLachlan, don't worry, he's been a pretty ungrateful actor since his Twin Peaks days in the early 90's. He was basically a nobody before landing the role of Agent Cooper, and as soon as the show got cancelled and nobody cared for it anymore he turned his back on the TP world and David Lynch to pursue projects that were more 'ambitious'.
I guess Showgirls was one of them, at least during pre-production, when everybody thought it was going to be the next Basic Instinct.
Oh yes, I've pretty much pillaged that place for all it was worth lol. ive since asked various actors involved to help out and when they can, they come through in spades

And by the way, if you to to Lin Tucci's website and ask for an autograph and mention you're a SG fan, she'll send ya a bunch of cool stuff

Last edited by crashin2you202; 01-05-2018 at 12:46 AM.
Thanks given by:
JackForrester (01-05-2018)
Old 01-07-2018, 03:23 PM   #102

Jan 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashin2you202 View Post
I have 2, fanmade from HD broadcast. You see more 'gash'!

To clarify: I have 2 versions of the open matte. a 720p thats 1.85 and a 720p thats closer to 1.33
Oh no, you mean the widescreen on the blurays has been cropped on the top and bottom to make it "larger"? It's been a while since I watched the movie, and I actually found out that after I was unable to play the locked US dvd from a few years ago I bought the German Universum Film and that one also starts with a clean cut as opposed to the "curtain" opening of the black bars like someone said a few pages back.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:47 PM   #103
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoloPony View Post
Oh no, you mean the widescreen on the blurays has been cropped on the top and bottom to make it "larger"? It's been a while since I watched the movie, and I actually found out that after I was unable to play the locked US dvd from a few years ago I bought the German Universum Film and that one also starts with a clean cut as opposed to the "curtain" opening of the black bars like someone said a few pages back.
Super 35 is a squarish format which would contain a lot more information (that was never meant to be seen) than the extracted 2.35:1 image that was used for the anamorphic projection in theatres.

The Blu-rays aren't cropped, there's just more information outside the extracted image.
Old 01-11-2018, 03:15 AM   #104

Sep 2017
CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoloPony View Post
You know, I have stopped buying French DVDs and BluRays because they have forced subtitles most of the time. I actually asked a salesperson at fnac the last time I went there and the guy looked at me like I was crazy saying that ALL subtitles are ALWAYS removable.

Having seen all these screencaps I think I will try to get another version. I have the US MGM one that I cannot play because it's region-locked.
I am with many here thinking that the pink was intentional. If Verhoeven really approved this, he must have changed his mind (it happens all the time) or he didn't do comparisons like we do
I'm allergic to hardcoded subtitles as well but the Pathe blu ray for Showgirls has removable subtitles.
Old 02-10-2018, 09:13 PM   #105
Special Member

Apr 2013

Received the blu-ray today and just finished it, beautiful presentation and stunning transfer. This French release is very English friendly, subtitles are removable on the movie and the extras are subtitled and not dubbed (as is sometimes the case). I liked Verhoeven's interview though he has done better on the topic of Showgirls and derailing on the war in Iraq was a funny moment. Also cool to have seen the Razzie acceptance speech. I think there is part truth to what he is saying about Americans being shown a mirror on the lie of the American dream through Vegas, but at the same time this movie was too over the top and for me jumps the shark in the third act with the stairs accident and the black girl meeting her idol. Still despite its flaws, it remains a great movie to look at as well as a great example of how sex can be used as a context in cinema rather than a cheap ploy.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > France