Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
A Quiet Place (Blu-ray)
$8.98

Miller's Crossing (Blu-ray)
$5.99
10 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete Eleventh Series (Blu-ray)
$39.99
19 hrs ago
No Game, No Life Zero (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Avengers: Infinity War 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.34

The Glenn Miller Story (Blu-ray)
$15.57
10 hrs ago
Bohemian Rhapsody (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Isle of Dogs (Blu-ray)
$13.96

Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.96

Food Wars!: Shokugeki no Soma: The Second Plate Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$17.99
13 hrs ago
Tomb Raider (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Monster Musume Everyday Life With Monster Girls: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
8 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers

Old 12-10-2017, 03:14 PM   #1941
Contributor

Apr 2009
Corner Totem Rd. and Sugden Ave., Arcam Shire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiph View Post
The reason why I chose the longer stands is that they allow me to have the tweeter positioned at ear height, my desktop station where I am sitting has a height of 1,20mt (1,200mm) approx

Good Sunday to everyone
Now that makes complete sense in a desktop setup sitting on a chair rather than a couch or armchair where your ears would be much lower.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:53 PM   #1942
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2009
Upstate SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
Now that makes complete sense in a desktop setup sitting on a chair rather than a couch or armchair where your ears would be much lower.
It's almost Christnas and still no review. Not even a yeah I like it. It can't take that long to give us some thoughts. Hell in sure you're snowed in up there by now so let's see it.
Old 12-21-2017, 10:23 PM   #1943
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
florida

Old 01-01-2018, 04:35 PM   #1944
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2009
Upstate SC

The holidays have come and gone yet still no review from Oliver.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:06 AM   #1945

Jul 2017

Hello at the all and Happy New Year

In the meantime I'm still undecided to choose the model Excite X14 active or the passive model, I'm worried about the proximity to the walls and perhaps the Excite X14A could be more indicated in my case it seems that this model was designed for use in nearfield, but there is always a compromise, however, if I choose to go for an active solution I have to give up any future update of the speakers or amplifier, and also I think that using the Excite passive can get a sonically better quality as I think that digital DSP processing takes away a bit of life and naturalness from music compared to a more analogous scenery. I think that with separate components I could have better results and reach a level of reproduction more credible and less artificial, however my assumptions may also be incorrect having had very few listening experiences mine are just the feelings dictated by what I read between the audiophile people.

Thanks for your time that you dedicate to me and for your support
Old 01-06-2018, 05:18 PM   #1946
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010

SS congrats on the new Contours!

How are you liking them?
Old 01-06-2018, 06:20 PM   #1947
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2009
Upstate SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by aces high View Post
SS congrats on the new Contours!

How are you liking them?
What's up Andrew? Loving them. Bought them to get a good home demo and planned on upgrading to C30 if I liked them. Turned out I liked them enough to keep them and forget about the upgrade.
Old 01-07-2018, 07:57 PM   #1948
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2010
florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
What's up Andrew? Loving them. Bought them to get a good home demo and planned on upgrading to C30 if I liked them. Turned out I liked them enough to keep them and forget about the upgrade.
Lmao! But he didn't forget naim upgrades
Old 01-13-2018, 06:24 PM   #1949

Jul 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
If you could find a recently discontinued Unitilite, it would be killer!
Browsing the net I found a shop where they sell the Naim Unitilite for € 1,800.00
the price is very convenient and I hope those who are available, Monday I will contact the seller by phone to know more information on price and availability, in the catalog also have the Dynaudio Excite X14 at a price also advantageous of € 980.00

happy weekend
Old 01-15-2018, 06:53 PM   #1950

Jul 2017

Hello everyone and have a good start of the week
Unfortunately it is a used product, as I'm only interested in new products I thought of the naim uniti atom, but this amp allows me to connect it to my desktop PC using the optical output of my dac integrated on the motherboard?
Old 01-17-2018, 09:58 AM   #1951

Jul 2017

Finally I decided that the best solution is to use the amplifier separate from the dac, my main choice is Naim Nait 5si but I would need a dac with preamp function that allows me to connect my desktop PC with optical connection that accepts signals at least up to 24bit 192khz, does anyone have any advice? For the dac I would not spend too much money, say about € 800.

A final clarification I wanted to know if this interconnection scheme is correct:
PC Desktop source optical out >> optical in DAC Pre-amp RCA out >> RCA in Naim Nait 5si >> Speakers

but I have some doubts about how to connect the dac to naim, which of these inputs should I use? av in - hdd in - DIN input tuner

I still have another question in this context I necessarily have to adopt a dac with preamp function?

Thanks for your help

Last edited by Saiph; 01-17-2018 at 05:58 PM.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:03 PM   #1952
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2008
Riverside, CA

Quote:
Finally I decided that the best solution is to use the amplifier separate from the dac, my main choice is Naim Nait 5si but I would need a dac with preamp function that allows me to connect my desktop PC with optical connection that accepts signals at least up to 24bit 192khz, does anyone have any advice? For the dac I would not spend too much money, say about € 800.

A final clarification I wanted to know if this interconnection scheme is correct:
PC Desktop source optical out >> optical in DAC Pre-amp RCA out >> RCA in Naim Nait 5si >> Speakers

but I have some doubts about how to connect the dac to naim, which of these inputs should I use? av in - hdd in - DIN input tuner

I still have another question in this context I necessarily have to adopt a dac with preamp function?

Thanks for your help
You do not need a dac with a preamp. Look at the Chord 2Qute, Rega DAC-r or Musical fidelity MX-dac. Should all be around your price and do what you’d like them to.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:18 PM   #1953

Jul 2017

Thank you Yesterday in fact I was just reading some information and comments from the owners of Chord 2Qute that speak enthusiastically and it seems that with Naim is an excellent match.

I forgot to say what type of connection should I use to interconnect the dac and the naim? I know I have to use the outputs of the dac rca but on which inputs of the naim I have to connect the dac?
Old 01-19-2018, 03:35 PM   #1954
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2008
Riverside, CA

Quote:
Thank you Yesterday in fact I was just reading some information and comments from the owners of Chord 2Qute that speak enthusiastically and it seems that with Naim is an excellent match.

I forgot to say what type of connection should I use to interconnect the dac and the naim? I know I have to use the outputs of the dac rca but on which inputs of the naim I have to connect the dac?
You can use any input. The inputs are only labeled so you can correlate to what the remote says.
Old 01-19-2018, 05:38 PM   #1955

Jul 2017

great and in the hypothesis I used a din cable with rca adapters I would have better results?
Old 01-19-2018, 08:24 PM   #1956
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2008
Riverside, CA

Quote:
great and in the hypothesis I used a din cable with rca adapters I would have better results?
Personally, I’d just use decent rca cables. Maybe if it was DIN - DIN but otherwise don’t think there’s an advantage.
Old 01-19-2018, 08:29 PM   #1957

Jul 2017

Thanks again for your valuable advice
Old 07-29-2018, 12:05 AM   #1958

Sep 2014

Hey guy's,

Been such a long time since I was on here, how's everybody been doing?

I've enjoyed my Dyn Excites quite a bit since I picked them up way back when... still powering them with my Anthem MRX520 receiver, but I think I am now wanting to move up to a power amp and use the MRX520 as a pre-amp.

One of my dealers has an Anthem PVA7, and another dealer has a Parasound 5250V2. Been trying to decide which to go for... the Parasound has quite a bit more power, but is also 2.5 times the price of the Anthem. Mostly looking for an improvement in clarity and separation, dynamics and bass tightness/punch.

I prefer a sound that is a bit lively and engaging/forward as opposed to laidback and mellow/soft. Do you guys have any recommendations as to which amp would give closest to those results with driving the Dyn's?

Hope you're all doing well!
Thanks given by:
Robert Zohn (08-06-2018)
Old 08-05-2018, 07:57 PM   #1959
Contributor

Apr 2009
Corner Totem Rd. and Sugden Ave., Arcam Shire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twm1988 View Post
Hey guy's,

Been such a long time since I was on here, how's everybody been doing?

I've enjoyed my Dyn Excites quite a bit since I picked them up way back when... still powering them with my Anthem MRX520 receiver, but I think I am now wanting to move up to a power amp and use the MRX520 as a pre-amp.

One of my dealers has an Anthem PVA7, and another dealer has a Parasound 5250V2. Been trying to decide which to go for... the Parasound has quite a bit more power, but is also 2.5 times the price of the Anthem. Mostly looking for an improvement in clarity and separation, dynamics and bass tightness/punch.

I prefer a sound that is a bit lively and engaging/forward as opposed to laidback and mellow/soft. Do you guys have any recommendations as to which amp would give closest to those results with driving the Dyn's?

Hope you're all doing well!
Been a while for me too, Hard for me to recommend any of the 2 but I know Anthem is neutral and honestly I do not think you would see big difference with the MRX520 powering the Excite.

If you would like to compare the Parasound and Anthem Compare apples to apples and go Statement A series, the A5. 5K retail

In this case the Parasound is certainly the better choice if you compare with PVA, they are somewhat neutral but sweeter and more rytmical while Anthem is perfectly neutral and true, it would not change much of the sound signature of the MRX520 except you will have more headroom.

I feel Anthem is the Better sound for you but you would have to go to the A series to truly compare.

I say look around on CAM for a used Anthem Statement series.

Seller in Ontario here.

https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/deta...wer-amplifier/

Last edited by BigAl87; 08-05-2018 at 08:04 PM.
Thanks given by:
Twm1988 (08-06-2018)
Old 08-06-2018, 11:24 PM   #1960

Sep 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
Been a while for me too, Hard for me to recommend any of the 2 but I know Anthem is neutral and honestly I do not think you would see big difference with the MRX520 powering the Excite.

If you would like to compare the Parasound and Anthem Compare apples to apples and go Statement A series, the A5. 5K retail

In this case the Parasound is certainly the better choice if you compare with PVA, they are somewhat neutral but sweeter and more rytmical while Anthem is perfectly neutral and true, it would not change much of the sound signature of the MRX520 except you will have more headroom.

I feel Anthem is the Better sound for you but you would have to go to the A series to truly compare.

I say look around on CAM for a used Anthem Statement series.

Seller in Ontario here.

https://www.canuckaudiomart.com/deta...wer-amplifier/

Hey Olivier, nice to hear from you!

You still got the C30's up and running? I had a listen to the C20's and the Special 40's side by side when I stopped by my dealer's a while ago. Contour's are a fantastic speaker, but the S40's are really fun to listen to also!

I figured that I may not see too much of an improvement from the X14's with a power amp, over what the MRX520 is already doing. But I think it's always a chance it will open things up and improve the soundstage a bit, and I also plan at some point to maybe upgrade the front L/R maybe to some S40's possibly or we'll see what Dyn comes out with in the next few years, so a power amp will come in handy down the road too.

I realize the PVA series is not quite the same level as the Parasound 5250, but I was more worried about the overall presentation each amp would give than the total power output of each. And PVA was a pretty sweet deal too.

Seems like it's a good Idea to stick with Anthem, Parasound may seem a bit more mellow/smoother than I like... but I think you're right, I will keep looking around on CAM and online to see what I can find. There was a NAD M25 for $1500 CDN a while ago, maybe I should have jumped on that, but I think NAD is again too smooth and darker sounding than I want. I've heard that Krell is an impressive and lively amp too, but so pricey
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Speakers