Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
€24.73
16 hrs ago
Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Blu-ray)
€14.99

Saving Private Ryan 4K (Blu-ray)
€19.69

Tomb Raider (Blu-ray)
€16.39

Wish Upon (Blu-ray)
€9.99

The Fortress (Blu-ray)
€15.55

Twin Peaks: The Third Season (Blu-ray)
€29.99

Despicable Me 1 - 3 (Blu-ray)
€19.99

Happy Death Day (Blu-ray)
€9.99

Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
€127.99

The Patriot (Blu-ray)
€6.20

Thor: Ragnarok (Blu-ray)
€14.47
18 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > France

Old 03-09-2011, 06:35 AM   #21
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009
UK

Yeah, noticed Duvall immediately -I think they'd aged him quite a bit or maybe I'm getting older

Awful:
Kaboom
Splendor

Loved:
Mysterious Skin
Nowhere
Doom Generation, The
Totally F***ed Up
Living End, The

Kaboom film felt very inexpensively produced and I don't mean cheap. I like cheap and Araki does cheap very well. Dunno what happened here though but it didn't wash and although there were the usual cuties on display I didn't connect with anyone.
Old 03-26-2011, 10:02 PM   #22

Apr 2008
New York, New York

So is this disc region locked?
Old 03-26-2011, 11:48 PM   #23

Mar 2009
Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by unjichan View Post
So is this disc region locked?
Tested on my PC drive with the appropriate software: "Blu-ray disc is region free!"
Old 03-27-2011, 11:24 AM   #24
Special Member

Nov 2010
Johor, Malaysia
Send a message via ICQ to Andrewtst Send a message via MSN to Andrewtst Send a message via Yahoo to Andrewtst Send a message via Skype™ to Andrewtst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojos View Post
Tested on my PC drive with the appropriate software: "Blu-ray disc is region free!"
From image post above, it label Region B only... hmmm..
Old 03-27-2011, 12:27 PM   #25

Mar 2009
Belgium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrewtst View Post
From image post above, it label Region B only... hmmm..
Well, all of Wild Side's titles are labeled Region B but it appears only a few actually are.

Of the 16 Wild Side titles I own only 5 are region B locked: All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, Brothers, Le Bruit des glašons, Enter the Void, Rec.
The others are region free: King of the Hill, Largo Winch, Martyrs, Old Boy, The Orphanage, Sin City, Suspiria, Tenebre, Two Lovers, We Own the Night... and now Kaboom.
Old 03-27-2011, 12:54 PM   #26
Special Member

Nov 2010
Johor, Malaysia
Send a message via ICQ to Andrewtst Send a message via MSN to Andrewtst Send a message via Yahoo to Andrewtst Send a message via Skype™ to Andrewtst

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jojos View Post
Well, all of Wild Side's titles are labeled Region B but it appears only a few actually are.

Of the 16 Wild Side titles I own only 5 are region B locked: All the Boys Love Mandy Lane, Brothers, Le Bruit des glašons, Enter the Void, Rec.
The others are region free: King of the Hill, Largo Winch, Martyrs, Old Boy, The Orphanage, Sin City, Suspiria, Tenebre, Two Lovers, We Own the Night... and now Kaboom.
Thanks a lot for the infor
Old 06-14-2011, 06:57 AM   #27
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010
Minnesota

Just watched the film tonight. It was great besides the finale, which was a letdown.

It's a shame the US didn't get a Blu-ray release. Would also love to see the amazing Mysterious Skin receive one.
Old 02-04-2012, 03:47 AM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
California!

xxxxx

Last edited by SwaggerJagger; 02-15-2012 at 03:58 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:53 PM   #29

Feb 2009
Default Kaboom

When oh when will his movies be released on blu-ray in the U.S.?
Old 02-15-2012, 03:58 AM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
California!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyMoPosse View Post
When oh when will his movies be released on blu-ray in the U.S.?
I actually got a copy of this movie from a seller on here for only $10, it has forced french subs, but looks amazing on Blu-Ray.
Old 10-24-2017, 09:19 PM   #31

Sep 2010

I know there is a site review for it, but can anybody else who owns the german universum blu comment on the quality. the french blu keeps receiving great comments for its picture quality(aside from the forced subs) and it's on a bd-50. The german blu is only on a bd-25, but it has no features taking up space. I'm interested in a comparison, as this site makes no mention of the bitrate.
Old 01-24-2018, 02:41 AM   #32

Aug 2013
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorsese1 View Post
I know there is a site review for it, but can anybody else who owns the german universum blu comment on the quality. the french blu keeps receiving great comments for its picture quality(aside from the forced subs) and it's on a bd-50. The german blu is only on a bd-25, but it has no features taking up space. I'm interested in a comparison, as this site makes no mention of the bitrate.
I was wondering about all the different versions myself, and, am wondering if you purchased this title and which release?

1) There are 2 listings for the French release, the first one was in 2011 and states region B, it has the same bitrate as the 2012 French release, which states region free. HOWEVER, I read in the reviews here and one on Amazon.com, that the French BD has forced French subtitles with the English audio track.
(Yes, you can get these imports through amazon.com ATM...save on shipping, especially if you have prime).

2) The German release is supposedly region free, even though amazon.com lists it as Region B/2, that has the same ASIN as the German one listed here (on blu-ray.com), so, it is region free despite what it states on amazon.com. The bitrate is not shown, however, this one has a formal review with it, (check it out if you haven't yet.)

3) BD25/BD50...I do not trust the listings on this, there could be one or more errors...the 2011 French release is listed at BD50, 2012 French BD25, but, a user review states it is a BD50. The listing for the German states BD25, but, is it? If I get this I will be sure to verify the listing for it, (and report back here).
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > France