Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate (Switch)
$39.88

Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 + 2 (Switch)
$29.99

Little Dragons Cafe (Switch)
$39.99

Legendary Fishing (Switch)
$19.99

Valkyria Chronicles 4 (Switch)
$51.62

Hello Neighbor (Switch)
$29.50

Monster Energy Supercross (Switch)
$19.99

South Park The Fractured But Whole (Switch)
$27.75

Dead Cells (Switch)
$29.99

Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero Ultimate Edition (Switch)
$29.99

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire (Switch)
$49.99

Harvest Moon (Switch)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 01-26-2018, 12:55 PM   #6781
Power Member

Jun 2010

Yeah, Celeste is great, actually came to make a post about it myself!

93 on Metacritc currently.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/celeste

It’s kind of Super Meat Boy, with climbing added and an assist mode that can be used if its too hard for some. I’ve only played through the prologue and first world after that but had a blast. Definitely tough as nails as I’ve died 78 times already. . Though to be fair a lot where experimenting trying to figure out how to get some toughly placed collectibles rather than just trying to get through the world as only a couple rooms have been tough on that front so far.
Thanks given by:
Heapashifter (01-27-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 12:58 PM   #6782
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2013
Right Behind You

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFL View Post
Well... didn't see this coming. Celeste, a small budget indie 2D sidescroller is getting perfect scores all over the place, praised for it's outstanding control scheme, level design, soundtrack and storyline.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/01/25/celeste-review

Celeste Review - YouTube

Celeste - REVIEW (Nintendo Switch) - YouTube
Yeah, I might actually have to check it out. I'd heard the name before but wasn't on my radar at all. Even generally tough sites are being like "what I hate: literally nothing".
Old 01-27-2018, 02:40 AM   #6783
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

As of yesterday, I now have a total of 3 eShop games.

Earth Wars came out yesterday and was only $4.50. I’m assuming it’s a price glitch, considering it’s more expensive on Steam. I’m not sure if that’s still the current price, since purchased games don’t show the price anymore, but that’s what I paid yesterday.

These are my 3 digital-only eShop games.

Old 01-28-2018, 09:02 AM   #6784
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009

I will be getting a Switch in about two weeks when Bayonetta 2 comes out.
Old 01-28-2018, 09:13 PM   #6785
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Kind of disappointing Monster Hunter World isn't coming to the Switch after watching the outstanting gameplay videos and seeing the stellar reviews. I believe this is the first mainline Monster Hunter game not to land on a Nintendo console since Monster Hunter 2. Maybe eventually it will get a port.
Old 01-28-2018, 10:13 PM   #6786
Banned

Feb 2015

Quote:
Kind of disappointing Monster Hunter World isn't coming to the Switch after watching the outstanting gameplay videos and seeing the stellar reviews. I believe this is the first mainline Monster Hunter game not to land on a Nintendo console since Monster Hunter 2. Maybe eventually it will get a port.
I'm not sure the Switch could even run the game with acceptable performance. Even the base PS4 struggles with it a lot, and that's way more powerful than the Switch. I think there's just too much going on CPU-wise to port the game over without making serious compromises.
Old 01-31-2018, 06:59 PM   #6787
Power Member

Jun 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaScott128 View Post
I'm not sure the Switch could even run the game with acceptable performance. Even the base PS4 struggles with it a lot, and that's way more powerful than the Switch. I think there's just too much going on CPU-wise to port the game over without making serious compromises.
Yeah, it would take a major effort to downport.

My guess is it will get something like Monster Hunter Portable (like the old PSP portable versions) down the road that's scaled down.

Or it will just get its own series--maybe a Monster Hunter 5--while the World games stay on the other consoles and PC given the power gap between a hybrid and a traditional console/pc.

In any case, MHW is great! I struggled to get into the 3DS games (gave MH4U and MHG over 20 hours each) as I just don't like gaming on handhelds and there was a lot of clunky stuff improved by some of the quality of life changes they made in MHW.
Old 01-31-2018, 09:01 PM   #6788
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Just so people know who aren’t aware: Monster Hunter World is a "newbie" game designed for newcomers to the series. Whereas Monster Hunter XX is a more traditional Monster Hunter game. So instead of being upset that "World" isn’t on the Switch, be happy that XX is. You can import it from Japan, or beg Nintendo to bring it state side. (You’ll have better luck just importing it)
Old 01-31-2018, 10:11 PM   #6789
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
Just so people know who arenít aware: Monster Hunter World is a "newbie" game designed for newcomers to the series. Whereas Monster Hunter XX is a more traditional Monster Hunter game. So instead of being upset that "World" isnít on the Switch, be happy that XX is. You can import it from Japan, or beg Nintendo to bring it state side. (Youíll have better luck just importing it)
I don't know Japanese and the game doesn't have English subtitles.
Old 02-01-2018, 12:43 AM   #6790
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-

As of 12/31/17 the Switch has officially eclipsed worldwide sales of the Wii U, which is not shocking for anyone who has followed the news over the last month or two.

Nintendo also had its financial results release:

http://nintendoeverything.com/ninten...ember-31-2017/

Updated Sales figures:

Super Mario Odyssey – 9.07 million

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 7.33 million

Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 6.70 million (Another 1.08 million on Wii U)
- About a million away from being the top seller of the series

Splatoon 2 – 4.91 million

1-2 Switch – 1.88 million

ARMS – 1.61 million

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 – 1.06 million
Old 02-01-2018, 12:48 AM   #6791
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2010

Monster Hunter World is not out on pc yet, quit lying

plus being more accessible, doesn't make it a newbie game. and many of the big Monster Hunter fans are already calling World the best game in the series
Old 02-01-2018, 01:45 AM   #6792
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Daytona Beach, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
Itís a newbie game.

Also

Iíve posted in the Sony section a few times. Plus Iíve played Monster Hunter World on the PC and it is for newbies. Nothing I said was incorrect. It is the easiest MH game I ever played.

And what you said at the end of your post, I take as a personal attack against me and I hope you get banned (or at least have your post modded to remove the crap you said about me)
How'd you manage to play it on a PC, beta? It's not out on PC.
Old 02-01-2018, 01:56 AM   #6793
Power Member

Jun 2010

Wow chapter 3 of Celeste was a big difficulty spike. I’m mostly ignoring the strawberries now and figure I’ll end up having to use the assist cheats at some point to see it through. I really should learn my lesson with those uber hard indie games as I just don’t have the patience or hand eye coordination these days. The hype always gets me though!
Old 02-01-2018, 01:56 AM   #6794
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
How'd you manage to play it on a PC, beta? It's not out on PC.
Yes, it was a beta, however I made a typo. I meant PS, not PC. There was a beta for MHW January 18-22 on the Playstation. I'm assuming PC too, but I played it on my PS.
Old 02-01-2018, 02:01 AM   #6795
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talal86 View Post
Monster Hunter World is not out on pc yet, quit lying

plus being more accessible, doesn't make it a newbie game. and many of the big Monster Hunter fans are already calling World the best game in the series
I didn't "lie" per se, I just had a typo. Why are you always so quick to judge?
Old 02-01-2018, 02:03 AM   #6796
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Paid online service in September.

Old 02-01-2018, 01:28 PM   #6797
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

If you can't or don't want to watch a video.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ives-september

Quote:
Nintendo will finally start charging for Switch's online multiplayer in September.

You'll need to pay €20 (about £17.50) for a year's subscription to Nintendo Switch Online, or €8 for three months or €4 for one month. Exact UK prices are still to be announced.

Nintendo has delayed the start date for its subscription several times, and with good reason. The service's free smartphone app launched with a number of issues - most of which have now been resolved. Many fans also deemed the offer of a free NES game every month somewhat uninspiring.

Nintendo's official websites still list this perk - "ongoing access to a library of classic games with added online play, such as Super Mario Bros. 3, Balloon Fight and Dr. Mario." - but the company today hinted it might go further to reward fans, speaking of "very attractive programs and content". Hmmm.
Old 02-01-2018, 05:53 PM   #6798
Power Member

Jun 2010

As terrible as Club Nintendo rewards usually were in the day for people who didn’t like toys/knickknacks/posters etc and as worthless as My Nintendo has been since I’m not holding my breath for the bouses being worthwhile.

PS+ isn’t great either as there’s only a game or two a year I want to play but haven’t already bought that goes “free.” At least you get the extra 10% off in PSN sales I guess.

End of the day it’s mostly just paying a ransom to be able to play online. I wouldn’t bother if most of my gamer friends weren’t on PS4 instead of PC where online play is free. I can't see myself paying for Nintendo's. I already have an SNES classic and PC with emulators for the old games, and Splatoon is the only online game of there's I've cared for it and I'll be more than sick of Splatoon 2 by fall (barely played lately as is).

Last edited by dmaul1114; 02-01-2018 at 06:18 PM.
Old 02-01-2018, 08:44 PM   #6799

Aug 2014
Orlando

I do love that you can get the nintendo points straight from the menu and not have to copy a code stuffed in the box.
Old 02-01-2018, 09:45 PM   #6800
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghornett View Post
I do love that you can get the nintendo points straight from the menu and not have to copy a code stuffed in the box.
When it works. Iíve had a couple of games arrive a day or two early of the street date, and had to wait due to a message saying canít redeem yet. Also the game Poi wonít let me redeem at all. I always get an error message whenever I try.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Tags
nintendo, switchô