Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$15.50

Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99
3 hrs ago
The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00

Oculus (Blu-ray)
$6.99

Dracula: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$16.99
1 hr ago
Some Like It Hot (Blu-ray)
$19.59

A Quiet Place (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Spider-Man: Homecoming (Blu-ray)
$9.99
12 hrs ago
Tomb Raider (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Alpha (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Deadpool 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 11-06-2017, 06:16 PM   #401

Feb 2012

Well it would be $200 less for me to just buy seasons 3-6 and Redemption rather than buy the whole box set... will probably just pull the trigger after Christmas (and then regret it when they announce a US set with DTS-HD)
Old 11-06-2017, 11:06 PM   #402
Banned

Nov 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates_Motel View Post
So it doesn't matter what the quality is, as long as they are on blu-ray? Yeah, let's give them "mad props" just because.
The important thing is they are in HD. HD audio would be a nice bonus but I can rarely tell the difference and the audio as originally broadcast is fine although standard 2 channel surround on season 1 is a bit weak.
I got these when they came out as I decided they were good enough when a UK or US release is not on the cards as yet.
Old 11-06-2017, 11:09 PM   #403
Banned

Nov 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmishParadise View Post
What would Blu-ray.com be without you rolling your cynical eyes at people. Yes, I think it's wonderful that the Japan HD broadcasts for Seasons 1-6 and Redemption with lossy audio are being offered on Blu-ray. I've seen the HD streams available on Amazon Prime and they're garbage. On the other hand, I've heard some great feedback about these Blu-ray releases, both from forum members here and people elsewhere.

So yes, I give them mad props for making these available. I have no doubt the video quality will be far better than my DVD set, especially when projected at 120" diagonal. Sure, I'd prefer a proper U.S. release with lossless audio as we got with Seasons 7-8 and beyond. Life is short though and I'd like to watch this series again, but this time on disc in HD from start to finish. Go ahead and roll your eyes though. Like I said, it wouldn't be the same here at Blu-ray.com without you.
Yes 100%.
If there was a better version coming for certain it would be wise to wait but with the HD versions tempting me on Prime I was itching to watch the series in HD and I did. Watched from episode 1 right to the end of Live Another Day over a space of about 6 weeks. It was a real blast.
A shame there were no bonus features but the discs provided the necessary.

I've had the complete Columbo from Japan for 6 years and still no sign so who knows when 24 might appear elsewhere.
Legacy is cheap enough on UK Bluray and region free but as entertaining as it was it really did feel wrong.
Old 02-03-2018, 06:48 PM   #404
Banned

Jul 2017

Please tell me these discs have proper menus. The US releases of this show on BD and DVD were horrible. It took them like 5 seasons to even put a "Play all" option on the disc, and none of them (including BDs of 7 and 8) had the option to play all WITHOUT the damn recaps! It's sad I had to rip everything to PC to binge it easily.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:01 AM   #405
Expert Member

Jan 2011
Australia

So many people here got the Japanese versions? I see they don't have any reviews.
Old 02-15-2018, 10:25 AM   #406
Special Member

Nov 2013
O Fallon, Missouri

Picture is an amazing upgrade, but the sound is lossy 2.0 till it upgrades to 5.1 later on and that is still lossy but the picture made up for the crappy sound the Japanese did not upgrade.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:24 AM   #407

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLifeDGenerate View Post
Please tell me these discs have proper menus. The US releases of this show on BD and DVD were horrible. It took them like 5 seasons to even put a "Play all" option on the disc, and none of them (including BDs of 7 and 8) had the option to play all WITHOUT the damn recaps! It's sad I had to rip everything to PC to binge it easily.
Why would someone want to skip "Previously on 24"?!

I hate that they aren't in the first season DVD set. I have the UK one for that reason (and for the extended episodes, but those were released in the US a few years later)
Old 02-18-2018, 05:52 AM   #408
Banned

Jul 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrox View Post
Why would someone want to skip "Previously on 24"?!

I hate that they aren't in the first season DVD set. I have the UK one for that reason (and for the extended episodes, but those were released in the US a few years later)
Because I sit and watch the entire season? I don't need a goddamn recap of what I just watched.
Old 02-24-2018, 07:34 PM   #409

Sep 2011

Quote:
Because I sit and watch the entire season? I don't need a goddamn recap of what I just watched.
The recaps on 24 are a work of art on their own, IMO.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:03 PM   #410
Banned

Jan 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by PissedOffPeoN View Post
Picture is an amazing upgrade, but the sound is lossy 2.0 till it upgrades to 5.1 later on and that is still lossy but the picture made up for the crappy sound the Japanese did not upgrade.
They are exactly as broadcast which is 2.0 on season 1 then 5.1 from season 2 onwards. I only got up to season 6 so I don't know if the Japanese later seasons are HD audio like the earlier Blu releases of those seasons.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:05 PM   #411
Banned

Jan 2018

Quote:
Chapter skip is a wonderful thing and always skips to the precise point you need to go.
The Japanese 24 Blurays are excellent but as with most Japanese releases they are priced too high for the casual collector but if you're a big fan then bite the bullet or else buy them cheap on Amazon streaming.

I would be surprised if there is no US release at some point but who knows what is going on in the minds of Fox.
They did The X Files so no reason not to do 24 but having watched the entire series in HD over the Summer I'm glad I paid out even though it was over priced compared to our usual Bluray prices
Old 03-03-2018, 09:09 PM   #412

Feb 2017

Just a question about these BluRay’s, it would definitely be a no brainer, all these seasons are all in 12/14mm amaray cases, right? I know the item pages on Amazon Japan show amaray cases but just wanting to make sure those aren’t placeholder photos.

I have never bought a Japanese BluRay so I am not sure how they’re typically packaged. And with no review, videos online or photos on here, I had to ask.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:37 PM   #413
Banned

Jan 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHCubs View Post
Just a question about these BluRay’s, it would definitely be a no brainer, all these seasons are all in 12/14mm amaray cases, right? I know the item pages on Amazon Japan show amaray cases but just wanting to make sure those aren’t placeholder photos.

I have never bought a Japanese BluRay so I am not sure how they’re typically packaged. And with no review, videos online or photos on here, I had to ask.
Each season is in a standard case the same size as I usually find even single discs get released in.
Old 03-03-2018, 09:49 PM   #414

Feb 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man From Hammer View Post
Each season is in a standard case the same size as I usually find even single discs get released in.
Thank you! Not that that should ever be a deal breaker but it’s good info to have.

I am just waiting it out for season 1 to go back as being sold and shipped by Amazon Japan (currently it is only season on Amazon to be sold by a 3rd party seller (S-Tay) and they dont ship to Australia) before jumping on Season 1-6 + Redemption. Absolutely magnificent that these BluRay’s are out there. “24” and “The Shield” are the last two series I can still think of wanting and they’re both either out now (24) or soon to be available (The Shield is getting BluRay releases soon).

Last edited by JHCubs; 03-03-2018 at 09:53 PM.
Old 03-04-2018, 11:18 PM   #415
Banned

Jan 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHCubs View Post
Thank you! Not that that should ever be a deal breaker but it’s good info to have.

I am just waiting it out for season 1 to go back as being sold and shipped by Amazon Japan (currently it is only season on Amazon to be sold by a 3rd party seller (S-Tay) and they dont ship to Australia) before jumping on Season 1-6 + Redemption. Absolutely magnificent that these BluRay’s are out there. “24” and “The Shield” are the last two series I can still think of wanting and they’re both either out now (24) or soon to be available (The Shield is getting BluRay releases soon).
You probably know already but just in case, the Japanese sets are Region A locked
Old 03-05-2018, 04:19 AM   #416

Feb 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man From Hammer View Post
You probably know already but just in case, the Japanese sets are Region A locked
Yeah, I have a Region-free Blu-Ray player.

Region-free players arent easily accessible in retail stores over here (I think “Laser” is the only brand that does it), so I had to buy a modified Sony region-free player on eBay. And between the region-free function and apps, it was well worth the price. $300 modified vs $150 for a stock standard Region B retail model. Not much of a difference, in reality, to be able to own something like 24 and Quantum Leap on BluRay without having to wait for a time that might never come to get the series in Region B.

Last edited by JHCubs; 03-05-2018 at 04:23 AM.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:07 AM   #417

Jan 2016
Italy

I'm afraid that the fact that Disney bought out Fox might compromise a blu-ray release of the series in the US (or anywhere else, for that matter).
Old 03-07-2018, 08:23 PM   #418

Feb 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPMA View Post
The recaps on 24 are a work of art on their own, IMO.
This. And always accompanied by excellent music from Callery.

I can't describe the level of excitement I used to get just hearing the words "Viewer discretion is advised..." followed by a series of beeps, followed by "Previously on 24"

Ahhhh, those were the days.
Old 03-07-2018, 08:27 PM   #419
Banned

Jul 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevrox View Post
This. And always accompanied by excellent music from Callery.

I can't describe the level of excitement I used to get just hearing the words "Viewer discretion is advised..." followed by a series of beeps, followed by "Previously on 24"

Ahhhh, those were the days.
I could never watch 1 episode per week. I always waited for the season to end to watch it all at once.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:00 AM   #420

Feb 2012

Quote:
I could never watch 1 episode per week. I always waited for the season to end to watch it all at once.
I couldn't wait that long knowing it was on TV. The only seasons I ever binge watched are the first three because I was catching up on DVD before Season Four premiered.

I was watching the show very young, and during a family trip to Disney World in 2007, I was 11 years old and Season 6 was airing, I made sure that we left the park early and got back to the hotel to watch the new episode at 9. I could never have waited for the season to finish.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists