Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
War for the Planet of the Apes (Blu-ray)
€10.99

Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi (Blu-ray)
€11.99
2 hrs ago
Solo: A Star Wars Story 3D (Blu-ray)
€26.10

Pirates of the Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge (Blu-ray)
€8.95

War for the Planet of the Apes 4K (Blu-ray)
€12.99

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (Blu-ray)
€13.29
7 hrs ago
Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi 3D (Blu-ray)
€14.99

Close Encounters of the Third Kind 4K (Blu-ray)
€22.27

Hatfields & McCoys (Blu-ray)
€9.99

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 3D (Blu-ray)
€26.86
7 hrs ago
Star Trek: The Original Series, Season 3 (Blu-ray)
€9.99
2 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible - Fallout 4K (Blu-ray)
€26.86
6 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Spanish

Old 01-26-2018, 01:58 AM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Chichester, UK
Default The Prophecy (Angeles y Demonios)

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/The-P...Blu-ray/61571/

Wondered if anyone could tell me anything about this Spanish blu-ray of 1995's The Prophecy starring Christopher Walken. Was wondering if it was a pressed disc or a BDR, and also if the Spanish subtitles were optional. Any response is appreciated.

btw I've seen the Caps-a-holic captures and whilst the PQ is very underwhelming, it is an improvement over dvd.
Old 01-26-2018, 11:55 AM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
En flugskit i kosmos
-
-

Legit company so doubtful this would be a BD-R, I own a few of their releases and none of those have been burned. For one reason or another I haven't jumped on this yet, despite me being a bit of a Prophecy fanboy. Have to dig around a bit myself.

EDIT: Mmmm, these doesn't really blow me away. Probably why I passed on these in the first place. Then, on the other hand, given it's Miramax it may be the best we're going to get...

Last edited by TheOneWithThePrize; 01-26-2018 at 12:01 PM.
Thanks given by:
SymbioticFunction (01-26-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 01:27 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Chichester, UK

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I have a horrible feeling that this is going to be as good as it gets for this film on blu-ray format. Would be nice to be wrong though!

btw Personally I'm only interested in the original film, I've previously watched 2 and 3 and feel no need to acquire them.

Whilst PQ is underwhelming, it's clearly a significant step-up from sd dvd:

http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&x=...8&I=0&i=1&go=1

Since this is unlikely to be a BDR, I think I'll pick it up next time I have some spare cash (I'm quite a big fan of this first film). Hopefully Spanish subtitles are optional.

Thanks.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:04 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
En flugskit i kosmos
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Hopefully Spanish subtitles are optional.
Judging from past releases they should be.

I might hold out further, seeing if someone ends up licensing both cuts for a knock out release.
Old 01-26-2018, 04:54 PM   #5
Contributor

Jan 2012
Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneWithThePrize View Post
Legit company so doubtful this would be a BD-R, I own a few of their releases and none of those have been burned. For one reason or another I haven't jumped on this yet, despite me being a bit of a Prophecy fanboy. Have to dig around a bit myself.

EDIT: Mmmm, these doesn't really blow me away. Probably why I passed on these in the first place. Then, on the other hand, given it's Miramax it may be the best we're going to get...
Quote:
Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I have a horrible feeling that this is going to be as good as it gets for this film on blu-ray format. Would be nice to be wrong though!

btw Personally I'm only interested in the original film, I've previously watched 2 and 3 and feel no need to acquire them.

Whilst PQ is underwhelming, it's clearly a significant step-up from sd dvd:

http://caps-a-holic.com/c.php?a=1&x=...8&I=0&i=1&go=1

Since this is unlikely to be a BDR, I think I'll pick it up next time I have some spare cash (I'm quite a big fan of this first film). Hopefully Spanish subtitles are optional.

Thanks.
Unfortunately it looks as though Emon (Savor/DeAPlaneta is the parent company) are currently bankrupt and they've started using BD-Rs and DVD-Rs most notable being a recent release of Atomic Blonde which was pulled from sale and rescheduled. So I'd advise against purchasing any of their releases for the time being until they either sell the rights to the movies the have to another distributor or revert to using pressed discs again.
Thanks given by:
SymbioticFunction (01-27-2018)
Old 01-26-2018, 04:59 PM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
En flugskit i kosmos
-
-

That is unfortunate. Any chance Amazon would still be holding old stock as in it still being pressed discs of this title?
Old 01-26-2018, 06:18 PM   #7
Contributor

Jan 2012
Spain

Quote:
That is unfortunate. Any chance Amazon would still be holding old stock as in it still being pressed discs of this title?
I reckon its difficult to say but at the moment it looks like Amazon only have 1 copy and it might be the last copy they'll have in some time so I'm guessing that it should be a pressed copy. The listing doesn't mention they are getting any more copies like on most other listings do when they are about to run out eg; (hay más unidades en camino).

Also it depends on the popularity of the film in question a lot of Emons releases are OOP and they haven't bothered re-releasing them, this title might be one of them.

Edit: I spoke too soon there is newer version that could also be pressed or BD-R that Amazon has 2 copies of and it will be restocked soon. So the older version should be a pressed copy.

Last edited by alexf187; 01-26-2018 at 06:26 PM.
Thanks given by:
SymbioticFunction (01-27-2018)
Old 01-27-2018, 05:47 AM   #8
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
En flugskit i kosmos
-
-

Wth, you only live once! I ordered the first three from Amazon.es last night (the 2013 releases) and I'll report my findings when they get here.
Thanks given by:
SymbioticFunction (02-07-2018)
Old 02-01-2018, 01:09 AM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Chichester, UK

Ordered the last Spanish Amazon copy of the 2012 edition. Am hoping that it is a pressed disc and subtitles are optional. Will report back with findings. btw I know PQ is lacklustre but I really love this film.
Thanks given by:
Monroville (02-02-2018)
Old 02-06-2018, 03:33 PM   #10
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
En flugskit i kosmos
-
-

My order of the three first Prophecies arrived today. I ordered the three 2013 single disc releases but Amazon Spain took it upon themselves to swap out the first one to that of the BD/DVD combo set which sucks somewhat as it doesn't have the Miramax logo at the top front cover like the other two (I'm sure the disc is the same either way but still, OCD and all that...). The discs are all pressed thankfully.

That ugly banner....!
Thanks given by:
SymbioticFunction (02-07-2018)
Old 02-07-2018, 01:17 PM   #11
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Chichester, UK

Quote:
My order of the three first Prophecies arrived today. I ordered the three 2013 single disc releases but Amazon Spain took it upon themselves to swap out the first one to that of the BD/DVD combo set which sucks somewhat as it doesn't have the Miramax logo at the top front cover like the other two (I'm sure the disc is the same either way but still, OCD and all that...). The discs are all pressed thankfully.
I received my Prophecy 1 today. In my case, despite supposedly ordering a very last copy of the edition in post #1, they sent a Miramax logo version as seen in post #7. I was relieved that it was still a pressed disc. And that the Spanish subtitles can be turned off whilst the disc is playing. Pleased with my purchase, will watch tomorrow evening once it gets dark.
Old 02-07-2018, 01:23 PM   #12
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2009
En flugskit i kosmos
-
-

Quote:
I received my Prophecy 1 today. In my case, despite supposedly ordering a very last copy of the edition in post #1, they sent a Miramax logo version as seen in post #7.
So you got my copy then!
Old 02-07-2018, 01:44 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Chichester, UK

Quote:
So you got my copy then!
lol
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Spanish