Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Age of Consent (Blu-ray)
£14.99

Pacific Rim: Uprising 3D (Blu-ray)
£9.99

The Wrong Box (Blu-ray)
£14.99
17 hrs ago
Rats: Night of Terror (Blu-ray)
£9.99
17 hrs ago
Georgy Girl (Blu-ray)
£14.99
23 hrs ago
First Man (Blu-ray)
£14.99

Doctor Who: Twice Upon A Time (Blu-ray)
£7.79

First Man 4K (Blu-ray)
£24.99

Star Wars: The Clone Wars, The Complete Season Five (Blu-ray)
£9.05
13 hrs ago
Charlie Bubbles (Blu-ray)
£14.99
15 hrs ago
Children of Men (Blu-ray)
£14.99

Gosford Park (Blu-ray)
£14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 02-09-2018, 10:52 AM   #161
Power Member

Mar 2010
Surrey, UK

Thanks gents - both updates recorded in first post.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:09 PM   #162
Power Member

Feb 2014

If anybody is desperate to see Chopping Mall it’s free on tubi which is online and in Roku sticks
Thanks given by:
gouryella (02-13-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 10:41 PM   #163

Jan 2018

Hmv are still accepting preorders for slaughter high. They obviously have no idea its been cancelled
Old 02-13-2018, 10:42 PM   #164
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by horrorslash80s View Post
Hmv are still accepting preorders for slaughter high. They obviously have no idea its been cancelled
It's been cancelled!?
Old 02-13-2018, 10:48 PM   #165

May 2014
Dudley, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
It's been cancelled!?
Yeah its been cancelled as Lionsgate found out they don't have UK rights, they said the rights are likely still with Arrow.
Old 02-13-2018, 10:55 PM   #166
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davo92 View Post
Yeah its been cancelled as Lionsgate found out they don't have UK rights, they said the rights are likely still with Arrow.
Whoops. I'd be tempted to import the US disc, but I might hold out in case Arrow release it over here.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:01 PM   #167

Jan 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallywhitty View Post
Whoops. I'd be tempted to import the US disc, but I might hold out in case Arrow release it over here.
I'm tempted to import too but the US versions are just too over priced. You can get 2 UK vestrons for the price of 1 import. if it weren't for the crazy prices I would have imported a lot of them . fingers crossed we get more titles over here
Thanks given by:
dallywhitty (02-13-2018), Sleazeaddict (02-14-2018)
Old 02-13-2018, 11:13 PM   #168
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009
UK

Quote:
I'm tempted to import too but the US versions are just too over priced. You can get 2 UK vestrons for the price of 1 import. if it weren't for the crazy prices I would have imported a lot of them . fingers crossed we get more titles over here
Yeah, I find that imports are either crazy cheap, or crazy expensive. There's no in-between.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:29 PM   #169

Oct 2017

Has anyone tried to play these on Region 1 Blu-ray players?
Old 02-14-2018, 11:40 PM   #170
Power Member

Dec 2009
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjankowski View Post
Has anyone tried to play these on Region 1 Blu-ray players?
Only have Blood Diner but that's Region B locked.
Old 02-15-2018, 07:46 PM   #171

Jul 2015
Glasgow, Scotland

I just watched Vestron's Wishmaster. I hadn't seen this movie in years, infact my memories weren't that favourable, boy was i wrong.

Wishmaster is pure entertainment from start to finish. Now it's not a perfect film, but if you are a horror fan there are three elements that make this a fantastic film.

1. The wealth of horror royalty. Robert England, Tony Todd, Kane Hodder, Ted Raimi and Angus Scrim all feature.
2. Andrew Divoff is an enigmatic villain who owns the screen every time he is on it.
3. The special effects, well the practical ones are great and there are lots of them. Think my favourite is the skeleton then escapes its body!

I had a quick look at the Special Features are plentiful. I've only watched Out of the bottle which was 21 minutes long and fairly interesting. I will work my way through the rest of them.

Im not a PQ AQ expert, but they seemed good.
Thanks given by:
horrorslash80s (02-17-2018), Pete S (02-15-2018), Rottweiler30 (02-17-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 08:18 PM   #172
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manvfilm View Post
I just watched Vestron's Wishmaster. I hadn't seen this movie in years, infact my memories weren't that favourable, boy was i wrong.

Wishmaster is pure entertainment from start to finish. Now it's not a perfect film, but if you are a horror fan there are three elements that make this a fantastic film.

1. The wealth of horror royalty. Robert England, Tony Todd, Kane Hodder, Ted Raimi and Angus Scrim all feature.
2. Andrew Divoff is an enigmatic villain who owns the screen every time he is on it.
3. The special effects, well the practical ones are great and there are lots of them. Think my favourite is the skeleton then escapes its body!

I had a quick look at the Special Features are plentiful. I've only watched Out of the bottle which was 21 minutes long and fairly interesting. I will work my way through the rest of them.

I like all 4 movies and considered importing the Vestron set, when it was similar price to a single title. But I rewatched the dvds one Halloween and they still seemed good enough to not bother with the cost and that they were on 2 discs.
Itís a shame Vestron label didnít release the same here cause I may have dipped but would want individual discs.

Theyíre a lot of fun. I canít remember if itís 2 or 3 which is set in a prison. Thatís quality. No.1 is still the best though.
Thanks given by:
Manvfilm (02-15-2018)
Old 02-15-2018, 08:38 PM   #173
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2010
Denmark

Cool!
Old 02-17-2018, 06:23 PM   #174

Jan 2018

Quote:

Thanks for the review. I'm really looking forward to getting this one.
Thanks given by:
Manvfilm (02-17-2018)
Old 02-17-2018, 09:31 PM   #175

Jul 2015
Glasgow, Scotland

Quote:
Thanks for the review. I'm really looking forward to getting this one.
I also checked out The Gate & The lair of the worm. Both are excellent releases. The Gate is rammed with extras, Lair not so much, but still good.

Picture Quality and Audio is great.

The extras are a mix of old and new stuff, some has been commissioned for these releases. They're not filler either, running between 10 - 25 minutes long.
Thanks given by:
horrorslash80s (02-18-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 10:10 PM   #176

Jan 2018

Quote:
I also checked out The Gate & The lair of the worm. Both are excellent releases. The Gate is rammed with extras, Lair not so much, but still good.

Picture Quality and Audio is great.

The extras are a mix of old and new stuff, some has been commissioned for these releases. They're not filler either, running between 10 - 25 minutes long.
Excellent! I also want to pick up the gate so glad to hear they are solid releases
Old 02-19-2018, 05:56 PM   #177

Aug 2009

Quote:

Must admit that I really don;t like this one and don;t get all the love for it. It's very flatly directed, and the way the Djinn is shot removes all elements of 'scaryness' from him.
Peter Atkins just basically recycled his script for Hellraiser 3 for this one. It's exteremly similar, with the DJinn's attack on the gallery at the end being pretty much identical to when Pinhead goes on his murder spree in the nightclub.
I've not seen any of the sequels, not overly enthusiastic too.

Sundown is the one Vestron I'd really like to see released on BD at this point.
Old 02-19-2018, 08:37 PM   #178
Expert Member

Feb 2014
The Ruins of the Ex-EU

I watched Wishmaster for the first time in 20 years the other day, and it's still tremendously entertaining. 90% of that is Divoff's performance though.
Thanks given by:
horrorslash80s (02-26-2018), Manvfilm (02-19-2018), stigdu (02-24-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 08:48 PM   #179

Mar 2009
Dublin

My local store have Lair of the White Worm in stock but wont sell it to me until Friday (the Irish release date) but they did reserve a copy for me I cant wait haven't seen it in years!
Thanks given by:
Manvfilm (02-19-2018)
Old 02-24-2018, 11:23 AM   #180
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2009
In the dark, near the Tannhšuser Gate

Received Lair of the White Worm today from HMV, I didn't know it was in a slip
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland