Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Lady and the Tramp (Blu-ray)
$13.10

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (Blu-ray)
$14.75

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (Blu-ray)
$8.79

Coco (Blu-ray)
$14.74

Doctor Who: The Complete Eleventh Series (Blu-ray)
$39.99
4 hrs ago
Moana (Blu-ray)
$13.46

Avengers: Infinity War 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.34

Maleficent (Blu-ray)
$6.25

Finding Nemo (Blu-ray)
$13.49

Wreck-It Ralph 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.34

The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad (Blu-ray)
$7.20
11 hrs ago
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-09-2018, 01:31 PM   #361

Nov 2017
the mountains, NC

For a film like this, I would rather have Scream gotten it. I would be willing to sacrifice a hardly noticeable -to my amateur eyes- reduction in picture quality for the all the additional love they'd have given it that WAC won't.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:44 PM   #362
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacrimosa View Post
For a film like this, I would rather have Scream gotten it. I would be willing to sacrifice a hardly noticeable -to my amateur eyes- reduction in picture quality for the all the additional love they'd have given it that WAC won't.
Would they really do anything better? WAC is porting over the DVD features. It's not like Scream would get the stars of the movie for interviews anyway.
Old 02-09-2018, 01:52 PM   #363
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011
Buffalo NY

Quote:
This, their special features are always great. PQ and Audio is usually awesome as well.

But Iíll take this over nothing.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:02 PM   #364
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2011
Canoga Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
Would they really do anything better? WAC is porting over the DVD features. It's not like Scream would get the stars of the movie for interviews anyway.
Well, they got Jeff Burr when they did a release for "From a Whisper to a Scream", so he would have done maybe an interview or a commentary. I kinda think they could have successfully reached out to Kate Hodge and William Butler. Would've been nice to hear from them, but I think I'll be very happy with WAC. As another poster stated, I'm more excited for this release than I should be, lol.
Old 02-09-2018, 02:24 PM   #365
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2013

There's always a chance that Scream could re-issue TCM3 as a Collector's Edition.

They released The People Under the Stairs, Return of the Living Dead, Jeepers Creepers, Jeepers Creepers 2, Carrie, Child's Play, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2, Black Christmas, Halloween 2, and The Exorcist 3... which all had been previously released on Blu already.
Thanks given by:
Brutalizer79 (02-10-2018), Jay Mammoth (02-09-2018), Lacrimosa (02-09-2018), lilant2248 (02-09-2018), TripleHBK (02-09-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 02:34 PM   #366
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007
Mpls, MN

The only bonus feature I would like would be that old audio commentary from the Laserdisc, I'd say the chances of anyone able to license it would be slim... so I'm fine with the WB Archive disc...but having the original audio track as an option would have been nice.

I still recall being a kid and seeing that teaser trailer for TCM3 It must have been on a preview of a VHS I rented back then and thinking how cool it was.

Shockingly I've never ever seen TCM3! so this blu will be my first time.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:29 PM   #367
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowellPressburger View Post
The only bonus feature I would like would be that old audio commentary from the Laserdisc, I'd say the chances of anyone able to license it would be slim... so I'm fine with the WB Archive disc...but having the original audio track as an option would have been nice.

I still recall being a kid and seeing that teaser trailer for TCM3 It must have been on a preview of a VHS I rented back then and thinking how cool it was.

Shockingly I've never ever seen TCM3! so this blu will be my first time.
I had this conversation in the Arrow thread a few years back when folks were claiming that they were satisfied that only the original mono 1.0 track was being included and none of the later surround mixes. My point at that time was that while I fully agreed that including the original audio was important, I just never understood why alternate surround mixes weren't included as an additional listening option since they were already available and didn't require much work to include.

Speaking of TCMIII I once again am left wondering why WAC would include only a remix sound option when the original audio should be readily available. Including the original sound mix as well as whatever latest and greatest remix the studios are touting should be a given on every one of these releases.

When I started in this hobby 12 years ago sound was very much an afterthought for me. As my passion has grown and my Home theater has improved I now am equally excited about the sound mixes as I am the picture quality. Often times the inclusion of rare long forgotten theatrical mixes is one of the most attractive points of a release for me. It's a shame that in an effort to preserve film history that these soundtracks continue to be ignored by major studios in order to push whatever new design they've come up with. I appreciate a good modern mix, but I also very much enjoy having the ability to choose between what was, and what is now and deciding for myself what will work for each viewing.
Thanks given by:
Brutalizer79 (02-10-2018), Lacrimosa (02-09-2018), PowellPressburger (02-09-2018), PrestonXI (02-09-2018), splintersan (02-09-2018), The Fallen Deity (02-11-2018), t_rav (02-09-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 03:41 PM   #368
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2013
S.E. Michigan
Question

Maybe the original sound mix wouldn't sync up with the unrated version?
Old 02-09-2018, 03:51 PM   #369
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleHBK View Post
I had this conversation in the Arrow thread a few years back when folks were claiming that they were satisfied that only the original mono 1.0 track was being included and none of the later surround mixes. My point at that time was that while I fully agreed that including the original audio was important, I just never understood why alternate surround mixes weren't included as an additional listening option since they were already available and didn't require much work to include.

Speaking of TCMIII I once again am left wondering why WAC would include only a remix sound option when the original audio should be readily available. Including the original sound mix as well as whatever latest and greatest remix the studios are touting should be a given on every one of these releases.

When I started in this hobby 12 years ago sound was very much an afterthought for me. As my passion has grown and my Home theater has improved I now am equally excited about the sound mixes as I am the picture quality. Often times the inclusion of rare long forgotten theatrical mixes is one of the most attractive points of a release for me. It's a shame that in an effort to preserve film history that these soundtracks continue to be ignored by major studios in order to push whatever new design they've come up with. I appreciate a good modern mix, but I also very much enjoy having the ability to choose between what was, and what is now and deciding for myself what will work for each viewing.
Agreed, I wish they would include all versions available. I understand why some one like Arrow or SF won't have some additional mixes on releases as they do cost more to license but when a company like WAC are releasing their own stuff I see no real excuse.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:13 PM   #370

Sep 2009

Quote:

And it is that train of thought that has gotten us so many under par transfers from numerous labels like scream, the picture quality might be sub par but who cares we'll bombard them with mostly useless extras and a throw away cardboard slip.

Extras aren't everything (exceot for maybe deleted scenes and unreleased versions), picture quality followed by sound quality is.
Thanks given by:
Cujo (02-09-2018), Freeza (02-09-2018), Ill_Be_Back (02-10-2018), Lucy Ashton (02-09-2018), Matt89 (02-11-2018), redxrebellion (02-09-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 04:18 PM   #371

Aug 2010
Send a message via AIM to Thieves Dont
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5gb View Post
And it is that train of thought that has gotten us so many under par transfers from numerous labels like scream, the picture quality might be sub par but who cares we'll bombard them with mostly useless extras and a throw away cardboard slip.

Extras aren't everything (exceot for maybe deleted scenes and unreleased versions), picture quality followed by sound quality is.

This.
Thanks given by:
Cujo (02-09-2018), Lucy Ashton (02-09-2018), tommynorcal (02-09-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 04:58 PM   #372

Nov 2017
the mountains, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5gb View Post

Useless to some I guess. I feast on special features if it's a film that has a special place in my heart.
Thanks given by:
cropsy (02-10-2018)
Old 02-09-2018, 05:04 PM   #373
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011
Buffalo NY

Quote:
Useless to some I guess. I feast on special features if it's a film that has a special place in my heart.
This. Fluff extras like on most new releases I can do without. The awesome docs Red Shirt does on are awesome.

Last edited by Jay Mammoth; 02-09-2018 at 05:18 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 05:06 PM   #374
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2011

Received my copy today!
Old 02-09-2018, 08:51 PM   #375
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012
North Carolina, USA

Best Buy shipped my copy!
Old 02-09-2018, 09:11 PM   #376

Jan 2010

WowHD shipped mine - never used them before so unsure how long they would normally take to get to the UK - am looking forward to it arriving though!
Old 02-09-2018, 11:37 PM   #377
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by slasherdisc View Post
Received my copy today!
Damn, Amazon hasn't even shipped mine out yet.
Old 02-09-2018, 11:47 PM   #378
Blu-ray Champion

Sep 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknblues81 View Post
Damn, Amazon hasn't even shipped mine out yet.
For me Amazon doesn't usually ship out an order set to arrive Tuesday until Monday very rarely Sunday.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:26 AM   #379

Jan 2018

Finally ordered scream factory of part 2 after procrastinating for months! And free two day for using the amazon prime trial. I know it’s a random place to ask but can anyone tell me if it’s worth having a prime subscription?
Old 02-10-2018, 05:38 AM   #380
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2011
Crossville, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithrandir_ View Post
Finally ordered scream factory of part 2 after procrastinating for months! And free two day for using the amazon prime trial. I know itís a random place to ask but can anyone tell me if itís worth having a prime subscription?
If you ordered movies or other stuff everyday it would come in handy but if not it is a waste of money. Now if your big into streaming movies and other shows then you can watch for free on Amazon Video if you have a Prime Subscription.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America