Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96
 
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$115.96
 
Freedom Fighters: The Ray (Blu-ray)
$9.99
35 min ago
Constantine: City of Demons: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$14.99
12 hrs ago
The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.34
 
The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
 
Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
5 hrs ago
A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
A Star Is Born 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2018, 03:25 PM   #11721
Cinema84 Cinema84 is online now
Blu-ray Baron
 
Cinema84's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
NJ (USA)
3011
757
87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnDoor View Post
Thanks to Cujo for spotting this - Arrow have submitted Dark August (1976) through the BBFC:

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/dark-august-1976

Surely one of the films on the next AHP set? Hopefully this will be announced for May.
Sounds interesting. Definite blind buy
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:27 PM   #11722
jshaide jshaide is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
jshaide's Avatar
 
Jun 2014
NYC
2298
1531
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mca213 View Post
The scarlet box still hanging on for dear life.. guess we are never getting singles Of those
Not necessarily. The AHP set isn't sold out yet, and they released the singles of those a little while ago.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 03:55 PM   #11723
Jr7936 Jr7936 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Jr7936's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
1083
146
49
219
Default

that's how it is with the Panasonic I have and lately most of my blus I've been getting are region locked since I know they will play


Quote:
Originally Posted by HornetShaman View Post
As did I. The $49 Seiki might not be the best on the market, but it's affordable, and in the long run (potentially ) saves a ton of money if you have the patience to order import blus.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 05:18 PM   #11724
ianungstad ianungstad is offline
Senior Member
 
Jun 2010
Default

It's nice to see that Black Venus has finally found a distributor. I remember it getting solid reviews when it made it's festival debut a few years ago. A lot of comparisons to Pasolini's Salo. Nobody would touch the film due to it's subject matter.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:16 PM   #11725
ianungstad ianungstad is offline
Senior Member
 
Jun 2010
Default

I haven't seen Smash Palace but it looks like a good blind buy. The winner of the month is Irma Vep. Too bad it's UK exclusive. It's another Arrow Academy title that could just as easily be described as a cult film.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:17 PM   #11726
cakefactory cakefactory is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
cakefactory's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
WI, USA
1793
743
1
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jr7936 View Post
that's how it is with the Panasonic I have and lately most of my blus I've been getting are region locked since I know they will play
I eventually had to give up on the panasonic being my only "region-free" player. There were too many labels that could not have their region-locking bypassed. 88 Films, Studiocanal, and Anolis were three of them.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:41 PM   #11727
splintersan splintersan is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
splintersan's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
486
11
12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefactory View Post
I eventually had to give up on the panasonic being my only "region-free" player. There were too many labels that could not have their region-locking bypassed. 88 Films, Studiocanal, and Anolis were three of them.
I bought a "defective" Seiki player on ebay a little over a year ago for $25. It was missing it's remote and supposedly made very "loud noises" while playing discs. I have a universal remote that I programmed and it controls it perfectly. It has never made any noises while playing discs. It's a great little player well worth the money. My only complaint is that it's picture settings out of the box are complete garbage. My TV is calibrated and when you boot it up the default brightness/contrast settings make your blacks a milky grey. After some tweaking and bouncing in and out of menus I got it dialed in and it looks great.

Some day I would love an Oppo player that allows me to be region free but I'm not made of money and I'll deal with my lower class region free players until then.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:42 PM   #11728
mca213 mca213 is offline
Special Member
 
mca213's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
New York
780
312
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaide View Post
Not necessarily. The AHP set isn't sold out yet, and they released the singles of those a little while ago.
I would hope so, not sure what the hold up is....
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 06:48 PM   #11729
cakefactory cakefactory is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
cakefactory's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
WI, USA
1793
743
1
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by splintersan View Post
I bought a "defective" Seiki player on ebay a little over a year ago for $25. It was missing it's remote and supposedly made very "loud noises" while playing discs. I have a universal remote that I programmed and it controls it perfectly. It has never made any noises while playing discs. It's a great little player well worth the money. My only complaint is that it's picture settings out of the box are complete garbage. My TV is calibrated and when you boot it up the default brightness/contrast settings make your blacks a milky grey. After some tweaking and bouncing in and out of menus I got it dialed in and it looks great.

Some day I would love an Oppo player that allows me to be region free but I'm not made of money and I'll deal with my lower class region free players until then.
I have one of those basic Sony players that's been modded. I think it cost ~150. It works great.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:14 PM   #11730
dwk dwk is online now
Power Member
 
dwk's Avatar
 
May 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mca213 View Post
I would hope so, not sure what the hold up is....
If I'm remembering correctly, they have volumes 2 and 3 on deck, but they ran into an issue with one of the films that is in volume 2.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:32 PM   #11731
redrunner97 redrunner97 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
redrunner97's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
North Carolina, USA
381
24
Default

I'm just gonna pick up The Scarlet Box. I'm tired of waiting for a standard blu-ray set.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 07:57 PM   #11732
darkness2918 darkness2918 is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
darkness2918's Avatar
 
Sep 2014
1
661
127
135
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redrunner97 View Post
I'm just gonna pick up The Scarlet Box. I'm tired of waiting for a standard blu-ray set.
The Scarlet Box is a really nice set, well worth owning IMO.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:03 PM   #11733
cakefactory cakefactory is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
cakefactory's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
WI, USA
1793
743
1
22
Default

If there WAS a standard version I'd advocate for it in a second, though, since the bonus disc is nothing special, unless you're a packaging guy.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:08 PM   #11734
splintersan splintersan is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
splintersan's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
486
11
12
Default

I actually think the Scarlet Box is one of the nicest boxsets in my collection. I've seen it regularly around $50-$60 which is a great price. No reason not to grab that. The individual releases are all going to be around $20-$25 so at that price you are not saving any money unless you are only getting one or two of the films.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 08:51 PM   #11735
Mike0284 Mike0284 is offline
Expert Member
 
Mike0284's Avatar
 
Nov 2016
East Coast, USA
1241
35
Default

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
StarDestroyer52 (02-09-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 02:12 AM   #11736
drb124 drb124 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
drb124's Avatar
 
Apr 2007
US
3
-
-
4
262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakefactory View Post
If there WAS a standard version I'd advocate for it in a second, though, since the bonus disc is nothing special, unless you're a packaging guy.
I had the Scarlet Box and ended up selling it off, but I held onto the bonus disc and book. I picked up the UK standard release because I really preferred the original poster art. At some point I am going to find a properly framed release of the third one. I still do not see how that got through QC.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:59 PM   #11737
Werdsniper2 Werdsniper2 is offline
Active Member
 
Werdsniper2's Avatar
 
Oct 2017
California
465
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werdsniper2 View Post
Ok, so it's been close to a month now since I've placed this order and I STILL haven't received it. I know...patience. I've been patient, but I'm starting to get aggravated.

I get that it takes longer to arrive from overseas, but a month is excessive. I emailed Arrow customer service on Wednesday (I was very polite) regarding the status of the order and I've yet to receive any response. At this point I feel like the items may have been lost in transit...or maybe it's just taking longer than expected. I don't know, and that's the problem.

A response from them with an ETA or really just an update of any sort would be much appreciated. If the items are delayed...fine. If the items are lost...fine, just refund me. All I'm asking for is a response. There's no tracking number of any sort, so my only option is to contact them. Come on Arrow...
Ok everyone, so here's an update on my situation:

Arrow eventually responded to my email - they said that normally it takes about 8 days for packages to arrive, however since I opted for standard delivery it could 'take up to 4 weeks or more'.

So with that news, I patiently waited...for two more weeks. It's now been over 6 weeks since I ordered the goods. Nothing. At this point I think it's safe to say I will not be receiving the items.

I politely emailed Arrow again explaining the situation and asking for either reimbursement or express re-delivery. I'm not sure what to expect with their response, but I do expect to be compensated via one of the ways I just mentioned, or whatever else is possible.

I'm not really angry or anything. Things happen. As long as the problem is rectified I will walk away with indifference. We will see.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
alexcrowder (02-13-2018), Mr. Thomsen (02-11-2018), Rui (02-12-2018)
Old 02-10-2018, 06:30 PM   #11738
cakefactory cakefactory is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
cakefactory's Avatar
 
Oct 2012
WI, USA
1793
743
1
22
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by drb124 View Post
I had the Scarlet Box and ended up selling it off, but I held onto the bonus disc and book. I picked up the UK standard release because I really preferred the original poster art. At some point I am going to find a properly framed release of the third one. I still do not see how that got through QC.
There's a German trilogy set that just came out. It fixed the framing on 3 and upgraded the video on the first two, as well.

Only ~200 to get a copy in the US!
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 06:56 PM   #11739
mca213 mca213 is offline
Special Member
 
mca213's Avatar
 
Nov 2014
New York
780
312
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwk View Post
If I'm remembering correctly, they have volumes 2 and 3 on deck, but they ran into an issue with one of the films that is in volume 2.
I was talking about the hellraiser films, not AHP.. I might just have to pony up and get the box, but this is the one time I actually despise the packaging.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 09:16 PM   #11740
dwk dwk is online now
Power Member
 
dwk's Avatar
 
May 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mca213 View Post
I was talking about the hellraiser films, not AHP.. I might just have to pony up and get the box, but this is the one time I actually despise the packaging.
oops.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:57 PM.