Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$4.99

Lucifer: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$25.15
17 hrs ago
The Hitman's Bodyguard (Blu-ray)
$9.99
11 hrs ago
The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Barry Lyndon (Blu-ray)
$18.96
19 hrs ago
Sacrifice! (Blu-ray)
$6.90

Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

The Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Midnight Cowboy (Blu-ray)
$18.96

Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Red River (Blu-ray)
$18.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders

Old 03-26-2017, 05:19 AM   #81

Mar 2017
Default Samsung BD-J5900; Disk bed not rotating.

I must admit I am pretty happy with the j5900. The options and wifi connectivity is great. What I cant figure out relates to the disk bed. The thing does not rotate. I cant find a manual or guide on how to check that all the connections are there for the disk to rotate so that the laser can read the disk. So, can anybody help me out please?
Old 03-26-2017, 05:21 AM   #82

Mar 2017

I am used to making adjustments on all sorts of drives, and seeing the cables and etc are in the right place is what I need. Just a pic of what I am supposed to see in the unit is what I need. Or any suggestion on a setting I missed.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:18 PM   #83

Oct 2016
Montreal, QC

* BUMP *

to fellow J5900 owners, as this happened to you: back in December, I downloaded the latest firmware: B-JM63BSPWWB-1020.1 and after that, the DVD drive stopped working. You put a disc in, you'll hear the player struggle a bit and then it re-opens the disc tray and that's that.

Was it because of the Firware update? did the laser used for DVDs inside the player crapped out?

Just wondering if it happened to someone else.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:38 AM   #84

May 2016
PA

BUMP

Today (2/20/18) my J5100 that is about 3 yrs old in March, appears to have just stopped recognizing a disc (blu or dvd) has been inserted, I don't here it making any noise either ie spinning. Anyone else have an issue like this ? I am a pretty basic blu user but this one was used pretty hard the last few years and I wonder if pausing frequently for long periods of time may have burnt out the laser. I really liked this model because it was relatively affordable and read practically every format.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:15 AM   #85

May 2016
PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackLordsHair View Post
BUMP

Today (2/20/18) my J5100 that is about 3 yrs old in March, appears to have just stopped recognizing a disc (blu or dvd) has been inserted, I don't here it making any noise either ie spinning. Anyone else have an issue like this ? I am a pretty basic blu user but this one was used pretty hard the last few years and I wonder if pausing frequently for long periods of time may have burnt out the laser. I really liked this model because it was relatively affordable and read practically every format.
Never mind, fixed my issue, must have been super dusty inside the carriage a good blast or three from my canned air fixed her up.... for now anyway !
Old 03-07-2018, 08:01 PM   #86
Expert Member

Aug 2013
-
-
-

I recently bought a 3D BD-J5900 with the impression that it was a region free bluray player. But it is not playing region B coded content I tried. Is there a code I have to put in to unlock this? If so can anyone point me in the right direction to find these codes? If this is not a region free play could someone help me find out that is?

Last edited by Frog Foot; 03-07-2018 at 11:26 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders