Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$99.96

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
12 hrs ago
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Fascination Coral Reef 3D: Mysterious Worlds Underwater (Blu-ray)
$7.99

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.95

Predator 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Passengers 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Ant-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.79

Skyscraper 3D (Blu-ray)
$31.99

Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.44

Prometheus 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.70

Sangaree 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Old 03-01-2018, 05:07 PM   #2641

Nov 2010
Trowbridge UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIROK View Post
This looks really interesting and I will get one to try out. Basicaly the same as any Active 3d TV just pixel shifting and the Glasses sync up.
will wait with baited breath for your review
Old 03-01-2018, 05:44 PM   #2642
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Singapore
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZIROK View Post
This looks really interesting and I will get one to try out. Basicaly the same as any Active 3d TV just pixel shifting and the Glasses sync up.
Do share your experience once you get it.
Thanks given by:
Joe D. (03-01-2018)
Old 03-01-2018, 07:27 PM   #2643

Sep 2013

Actually the chips are already made. its just making/designing the external box. Probably no different the the pseudo 3D that 3D Projectors do with 2D material. I use mine on occasion and you what, depending on the 2D source material sometimes its looks pretty good. Question is will it work with a 4K TV
Old 03-02-2018, 04:13 AM   #2644
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2007
Singapore
-

From the way I understand from their IGG page, this device takes a 3D signal, and displays it on a 2D screen, using active shutter method.

And I think it's limited to 1080p only. So if you have a 4K TV, you might have to set display resolution to 1080p, and let the TV do the upscaling to 2160p.

That's just my guess. Their instructions aren't exactly the clearest. And the "instructional videos" on YouTube is a joke.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:17 PM   #2645

Nov 2017

A family member just bought a 4K TV and wishes they could have had 3D. I'm waiting to hear if this is any good to recommend it to them.
Old 03-02-2018, 05:40 PM   #2646
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonMagnum View Post
A family member just bought a 4K TV and wishes they could have had 3D. I'm waiting to hear if this is any good to recommend it to them.
Hi Von,

I'm sorry they're disappointed. Were they keen on getting 4K or was it just a matter of what was available?
Sony KD50W800B monitor, Sony S5500 3D blu ray player, Panasonic DMR E18 DVD recorder, Darbee 5000S video processor, Dennon AVR x2100W receiver, Phase Technology main speakers, Yamaha middle and surround speakers, Infinity subwoofer plus a 40 year old but very good Dynaco book shelf speaker for the back middle speaker.
Old 03-02-2018, 09:07 PM   #2647

Nov 2017

They actually replaced an old 57" Panasonic CRT HDTV plus two smaller CRTs. Two are 4K, (55" and 42" one is a 38" 1080p (for a bedroom). The 57" still worked okay, but it did have adjustment issues that needed tending and what not and it always had too much overscan (cuts off news scrolls on Fox,CNN, etc.) The other two were SD CRT so it was about time. They watch 3D movies at my house when they visit with my Epson 3100 + 93" screen.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:51 AM   #2648

Sep 2013

digging around a bit cause I am interested in this device as a backup and thought this was interesting

http://edison3d.boards.net/
Old 03-05-2018, 03:58 AM   #2649
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

On GPS Fareed Zakaria cssually noted the death of the DVD (which I gather included Blu-ray) while discussing the movie industry.

Now I highly respect Mr Zakaria but this is an example of how even a polished journalist can oversimplify a topic and make it appear differently.

Yes, disc sales are in a rapid decline at the expense of home video streaming. It is not making the profit it used to. But it still earned sales of $4.7 billion last year. After production and marketing costs, I am sure that still left a very healthy return on their product.

As far as the future? Well, consumers might return to the days of physical collecting instead of cloud libraries. Streaming might also reach a peak and then slip. This is so common in the consumer market. There is an eventual evening out period on commodities after peaks and lows.

But if disc sales declined 14% last year and 10% the year before, should it be said that 3D is getting caught in the supposed and IMHO premature death call of the DVD/Blu-ray as well? Remember, consumers don't separate 3D from televisions, discs and players.

I made a suggestive point a few days ago about industries ignoring niche products that can still provide a nice profit margin in lieu of seeking the maximum profit as often as possible. Seeking might have been the wrong word for I meant it in terms of exploiting serving a public trust to meet that goal.

DVD and Blu-ray is not dead, even if casually referred to by Fareed today. But if he was basing his analogy on the corporate mindset as he understands it, it might be that discs could become more limited in production, giving way to Netflix and digital storage. That it would still be profitable for the following it has would be of little consequence in terms of which brings in the bigger bacon. It's where there is no room to serve the minority.

I do believe 3D will survive. Just as it was looked at as a means to revitalize sagging TV sales, 3D is also being called dead by some when it really isn't. 3D has to be looked at in the bigger picture of declining sales of discs, televisions and players.

3Ds survival depends upon Blu-ray. And so should we now have an additional worry that discs are now dead as Mr Zakaria suggested? I don't.

That's my own, uneducated opinion. The only reason we have problems now is because those who have the corporate decision making power are not supporting smaller profit making niche followings like 3D.

http://variety.com/2018/digital/news...17-1202658638/
Sony KD50W800B monitor, Sony S5500 3D blu ray player, Panasonic DMR E18 DVD recorder, Darbee 5000S video processor, Dennon AVR x2100W receiver, Phase Technology main speakers, Yamaha middle and surround speakers, Infinity subwoofer plus a 40 year old but very good Dynaco book shelf speaker for the back middle speaker.

Last edited by Joe D.; 03-05-2018 at 04:07 AM.
Thanks given by:
Paul H (03-05-2018), robtadrian (04-17-2018)
Old 03-07-2018, 05:25 PM   #2650

Dec 2011

Haven't read all of the 20 pages, but I wanted to chime in on the 3D-discussion. As far as 3D goes for home entertainment, it is gone in Norway for sure. Only 2 tvs in a popular electronic shop had 3D. 4K is all the rage nowdays. I wouldn't be surprised if the main stream high budget movies keep 3D up for a while, for cinemas... but for home use it is being phased out for sure.

Edit:
Giving my two cents on streaming. For own produced stuff it works to the extend of it limits. BD will give you a higher bit rate over the counter part. You also won't have an issue with interruption due to network issues, server issues, maintenance or other problems. It happened to me while watching Shutter Island. A buzz kill to say the least, one hour into the movie.
For movies/series they buy the rights to, you will always have the issue of "Will it be there tomorrow or next month?". You have this great movie you want to show to your friends and when you got them over, HBO/Netflix/[provider] does no longer have the license anymore. Want to watch the entire Resident Evil franchise? Forget that, only the last two movies are available. Cancel Netflix and buy one month of another streaming service? Forget that, no other service bought the licence. Want to watch the first seasons of Homeland? Forget that, your streaming service only carry the 3 last seasons. Want to watch the newest season of the Walking Dead? Forget that, HBO Nordic ain't having that season even though the season is available on BD. (They have all up until that point). Season 7 of Dexter in US? You can enjoy watching the first 4!

There will always be room for streaming services as well as BDs. It just depends on what your needs are.

Last edited by Renascent; 03-07-2018 at 06:26 PM.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:07 PM   #2651
Expert Member

Feb 2010
Lombard, Illinois

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renascent View Post
Haven't read all of the 20 pages, but I wanted to chime in on the 3D-discussion. As far as 3D goes for home entertainment, it is gone in Norway for sure. Only 2 tvs in a popular electronic shop had 3D. 4K is all the rage nowdays. I wouldn't be surprised if the main stream high budget movies keep 3D up for a while, for cinemas... but for home use it is being phased out for sure.

Edit:
Giving my two cents on streaming. For own produced stuff it works to the extend of it limits. BD will give you a higher bit rate over the counter part. You also won't have an issue with interruption due to network issues, server issues, maintenance or other problems. It happened to me while watching Shutter Island. A buzz kill to say the least, one hour into the movie.
For movies/series they buy the rights to, you will always have the issue of "Will it be there tomorrow or next month?". You have this great movie you want to show to your friends and when you got them over, HBO/Netflix/[provider] does no longer have the license anymore. Want to watch the entire Resident Evil franchise? Forget that, only the last two movies are available. Cancel Netflix and buy one month of another streaming service? Forget that, no other service bought the licence. Want to watch the first seasons of Homeland? Forget that, your streaming service only carry the 3 last seasons. Want to watch the newest season of the Walking Dead? Forget that, HBO Nordic ain't having that season even though the season is available on BD. (They have all up until that point). Season 7 of Dexter in US? You can enjoy watching the first 4!

There will always be room for streaming services as well as BDs. It just depends on what your needs are.
Sorry to hear the plague that is "World War No 3D" has reached your part of the planet. Hopefully, in the near future, there will be an antidote for this creeping crud.
Old 03-07-2018, 07:51 PM   #2652

Feb 2015
London, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurosawa View Post
Sorry to hear the plague that is "World War No 3D" has reached your part of the planet. Hopefully, in the near future, there will be an antidote for this creeping crud.
At least he can still buy a 3D TV in a popular electronic shop, and has a choice of models!
3D is not dead. What's dead is my interest in any new 2D formats or display technology.
Thanks given by:
Joe D. (03-08-2018), kurosawa (03-07-2018), Paul H (03-07-2018), ryanmcv (03-07-2018)
Old 03-07-2018, 09:03 PM   #2653

Nov 2017

Still waiting to hear from someone that bought that add-on (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/3...-tv-a-3d-tv-vr) to see if actually works like native 3D. If it DOES work, that could solve the lack of 3DTV problem more or less permanently since you can then make virtually any television you want into an active 3D set. It doesn't give you passive 4K based full resolution 1080p, but active is better than nothing. As long as world wide demand for 3D BDs are in sufficient quantity and there is a cinema version to transfer, I don't see why 3D BDs in general should disappear any time soon. But if no on is buying them, they won't bother. The US is a different matter. They seem to be shutting that down whether anyone buys them or not at this point.
Old 03-08-2018, 12:06 PM   #2654

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by kurosawa View Post
Things are quite expensive in Norway. TVs aren't often bundled with 3D-glasses or maybe only one. Glasses are/was expensive. I didn't like 3D, but that was because I wear glasses normally and the additional set ruined the 3D-experience :/
Old 03-09-2018, 03:20 AM   #2655
Special Member

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonMagnum View Post
Still waiting to hear from someone that bought that add-on (https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/3...-tv-a-3d-tv-vr) to see if actually works like native 3D. If it DOES work, that could solve the lack of 3DTV problem more or less permanently since you can then make virtually any television you want into an active 3D set. It doesn't give you passive 4K based full resolution 1080p, but active is better than nothing. As long as world wide demand for 3D BDs are in sufficient quantity and there is a cinema version to transfer, I don't see why 3D BDs in general should disappear any time soon. But if no on is buying them, they won't bother. The US is a different matter. They seem to be shutting that down whether anyone buys them or not at this point.
Curious as well.
Thanks given by:
Joe D. (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 06:44 AM   #2656

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina
Default 5 years in the future....

What will the topics looks like 5 years from now on this 3d forum. My guesses:

WHERE DO WE FIND MORE 3D GLASSES

WHEN SHOULD I SWITCH OVER TO PROJECTOR TV

SIGNS OF NEW 3D LIFE

GLASSESLESS 3D; WHAT HAPPENED?

WHY DID CAMERON CANCEL AVATAR 2; LOOKING BACK 3 YEARS

CAN'T FIND HALF OF 3D BLU RAY TITLES ANYMORE EXCEPT THOSE COSTING $100.00 OR MORE

BOB FURMANEK RELEASES 100TH TITLE: FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN!

NEW GROUP OF PEOPLE FIND 3D AND SEEK OUT OLD 3D OLEDS; COST NO OBJECT

HOW CAN I GET MY OLED PANEL FIXED

2 YEARS SINCE LAST MAJOR 3D BLU RAY RELEASE; WILL THERE BE MORE IN THE FUTURE?

AMAZON BANKRUPT; WHERE CAN I FIND 3D BLU RAYS NOW?

IMAX BUYS REEL 3D AND ANNOUNCES 8K FEATURES; 16K IN SELECTED MARKETS. AMERICAN PUBLIC TIRED OF 3D

8K TV IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN 3D EVER WAS

I AM NOT SURE WHAT THE DISCUSSION OF FEATURES WILL LOOK LIKE? LAST BOUGHT AND PARTICULAR TITLES?
LG OLED 77 G6P WITH OPPO 203 REGION FREE

Last edited by wildbill722; 03-10-2018 at 06:32 AM.
Old 03-09-2018, 01:25 PM   #2657

Nov 2008
Warwickshire, UK

I will link you an article regarding online netiquette. I've decided that reading might be to difficult so a poster style infomercial is more appropriate.
Thanks given by:
Todd Tomorrow (03-12-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 02:07 PM   #2658
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2008
Quebec City, Canada

10 years ago HD-DVD died and today it's still easy to find a replacement player or movies, even those not released in BD yet (Halfbaked, Dukes of Hazard, Accepted, etc...) My guess in 5 years most people will have moved on and those who live in the past (like me and my HD-DVDs) will still have online solutions for finding either a player or old movies they don't actually own. I will second GunZenBomZ, All caps are VERY aggressive and it'll most likely drive people off.
tiger's steelbook clearance sale
LG OLED65C7P - Marantz SR6011 11.2
Samsung UBD-K8500 - Sony BDP-S1500 Region Free
Toshiba HD-A30 - Apple TV 4K
DVR+ CM7500GB16 with 200 Gb USB HDD - Sony PS3 500Gb
5 Paradigm & 6 Inwall/Ceiling Speakers - Klipsch & Energy Subwoofers
Harmony Elite
Thanks given by:
GunZenBomZ (03-14-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 03:02 PM   #2659

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by film11 View Post
Curious as well.
I'm am very interested in this and will probably get one. But I have some reservations I am trying to get answered. Like why did they not use off the shelf Glasses /Samsung/Sony/Epson etc. They are using a proprietary set they designed. Fine ,but 5/6/7 years down the road what will I do when the built in Lithium batteries die ? Will I be able to get a new pair? Like they do in the little Bluetooth ear sets. Cant replace them ,you have to throw em away. How do I get a replacement Remote if it dies since there are no buttons on the unit to change settings.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:01 PM   #2660

Jan 2016
Italy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renascent View Post
Things are quite expensive in Norway. TVs aren't often bundled with 3D-glasses or maybe only one. Glasses are/was expensive. I didn't like 3D, but that was because I wear glasses normally and the additional set ruined the 3D-experience :/
Passive 3D with clip-on goggles might do the trick. Inexpensive and light/not bulky. I use those.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Tags
3d t.v, 3d tv production halted, poping