Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Madden NFL 19 (PS4)
$39.99
2 hrs ago
Diablo III: Eternal Collection (PS4)
$29.99

The Crew 2 (PS4)
$34.99

Tempest 4000 (PS4)
$19.99

Banner Saga Trilogy Bonus Edition (PS4)
$29.99

MXGP Pro (PS4)
$34.99

Shadow Of The Tomb Raider (PS4)
$59.95

Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker (PS4)
$48.95

Call of Duty: WWII (PS4)
$39.88

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle (PS4)
$37.38
2 hrs ago
The Walking Dead Collection: The Telltale Series (PS4)
$30.34

.hack//G.U. Last Recode (PS4)
$19.93

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 03-09-2018, 01:15 AM   #41
Expert Member

Jan 2013
West Covina, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratandjmt View Post
i usually create a female character when i have a chance in the game. I have also played horizon and the tomb raider games. A female lead doesn't bother me.
+1
"Racers should race, cops should eat donuts"

PSN: Specter23
Old 03-09-2018, 09:12 AM   #42
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2011
England

They need to get this out before Trump bans violent video games.
If you don't believe in VR, you haven't tried it!
Thanks given by:
Ender14 (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 09:33 AM   #43
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

What I don't get is that every game is rated anyway. So are kids walking in to shops in America and picking up adult rated games and stores are selling it to them?

At least over here if the games got an 18 rating you are shit out of luck if you want to buy it and you're not 18+ Of course then it comes down to parents, I see plenty of parents coming in to pick up GTA and CoD for their 11 year old kids. Would they go out and buy them an ultra violent 18 cert film? So why do they buy them 18 rated games?

Just leave it to the parent then it's their fault simples.
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Samsung 55KS7000 SUHD|Samsung UBD-K8500|Nintendo Switch|Xbox One S|PS4(2TB)|PS3 Slim(1TB)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Sky+HD Box.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:51 AM   #44

Dec 2011
-

I see "Bought for my grandson" reviews for violent games on amazon all the time
Thanks given by:
Mavrick (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 12:23 PM   #45
Power Member

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
He can’t they are protected under the 1st amendment in The United States and the government can’t touch them. All video games are considered a form of art and art is protected under the 1St amendment. They can only make it harder for younger kids to buy them but it won’t matter cause parents and grandparents will still buy them the game and complain about it.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:29 PM   #46
Power Member

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
What I don't get is that every game is rated anyway. So are kids walking in to shops in America and picking up adult rated games and stores are selling it to them?

At least over here if the games got an 18 rating you are shit out of luck if you want to buy it and you're not 18+ Of course then it comes down to parents, I see plenty of parents coming in to pick up GTA and CoD for their 11 year old kids. Would they go out and buy them an ultra violent 18 cert film? So why do they buy them 18 rated games?

Parents love to buy their kids violent games and movies it gives them something to cry to the government about. I had a friend who wasnít allowed to play or buy wrestling games cause his parents said they was to violate.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:37 PM   #47
Blu-ray Knight

Feb 2011

Quote:

The US is very odd in it's practices. It all depends on who wants to enforce what. When I worked at Babbages/Software Etc we had a manager that stood behind us on the ratings. We would have parents yelling and swearing at us because we wouldn't sell an M game to a 10 year old and that we "wasted their time" making them come up to the counter to buy it.

Then you have the flip side where places don't care because they just want their money. There's a rampant abuse of the Access Card here in Pennsylvania in the States (government issued card to buy necessities). The card has the persons name on it. Stores are supposed to check id when they're used. Most retailers don't check because why do they care who uses it? They just want their sale. So these people sell their cards for .50 on the dollar to friends or drug dealers.

You can put forth all the rules you want but if there's no consequence to not follow them nobody cares.
Old 03-09-2018, 12:47 PM   #48
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
I reckon the PS5 will already be out by then so it will probably be on both. If 3rd party devs already have dev kits as of January this year that gives them four solid years to build it ready for PS5.
Thanks. Looking forward to seeing a big jump in what the PS5 can do.

Quote:
Conservatives in office usually tend to be against video games most times, so it's nothing new really.

Bottomline is, most sane people play can play violent video games and always know, it's just a video game. The fact that GTA, Mortal Kombat, etc. still exist all these years later proves that the government can't interfere very much other than with ratings/restrictions on age as Batman90 mentioned.
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
Thanks given by:
Batman90 (03-09-2018), Steedeel (03-09-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 01:34 PM   #49
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Over here if you get caught selling age restricted products to kids (age ratings are 12, 15 and 18) then you can end up being convicted and fined £20,000, a term of imprisonment of six months, or both.

So it isn't worth the hassle, people get caught because trading standards will send in underage kids purposely to buy restricted items and as soon as you've sold it to them and they leave the shop your knackered!

Most places here now have a "Challenge 25" policy, it used to be 21. But basically you are trained to ask anyone who looks under 25 to show ID or no sale.
My PSN Trophy Card | PS4 Tips, Tricks & Fixes
List of BD Movies That Have PS3 Themes
Samsung 55KS7000 SUHD|Samsung UBD-K8500|Nintendo Switch|Xbox One S|PS4(2TB)|PS3 Slim(1TB)|Sony Bravia 40W605|LG 42LW650T 3D|Toshiba BDX3100 (Multi-Region3D Player)|ONKYO HTX-22HD 5.1|Samsung HW-F350 Soundbar|Sky+HD Box.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:32 PM   #50
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:

Yes, I think parents give in to kids with these games. They also go unsupervised once they have bought these games in general I think.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:32 PM   #51
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
He can’t they are protected under the 1st amendment in The United States and the government can’t touch them. All video games are considered a form of art and art is protected under the 1St amendment. They can only make it harder for younger kids to buy them but it won’t matter cause parents and grandparents will still buy them the game and complain about it.
Can’t the U.S government alter the wording though? I can’t help fretting about what they might do to our films and games.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:34 PM   #52
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Thanks. Looking forward to seeing a big jump in what the PS5 can do.

Conservatives in office usually tend to be against video games most times, so it's nothing new really.

Bottomline is, most sane people play can play violent video games and always know, it's just a video game. The fact that GTA, Mortal Kombat, etc. still exist all these years later proves that the government can't interfere very much other than with ratings/restrictions on age as Batman90 mentioned.
Agreed. We all know what is to blame. Shame the government donít.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (03-10-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 09:10 PM   #53
Power Member

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Can’t the U.S government alter the wording though? I can’t help fretting about what they might do to our films and games.
No they can’t cause movies and video games are considered a form of art and to change one part of the constitution they would have to change the whole amendment. A lot of republicans and politicians put themselves between a rock and hard place when it come to thing slike this cause they know no one will change the meaning of free speech. If the government will start telling people that’s its their responsibility as parents to make sure their kids are not watching violent movies and games things may change. That’s the problem with both party’s they thinks it’s other people’s responsibility to teach other people’s kids and not their patents.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (03-09-2018), Zivouhr (03-10-2018)
Old 03-09-2018, 09:51 PM   #54
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
No they canít cause movies and video games are considered a form of art and to change one part of the constitution they would have to change the whole amendment. A lot of republicans and politicians put themselves between a rock and hard place when it come to thing slike this cause they know no one will change the meaning of free speech. If the government will start telling people thatís its their responsibility as parents to make sure their kids are not watching violent movies and games things may change. Thatís the problem with both partyís they thinks itís other peopleís responsibility to teach other peopleís kids and not their patents.
Thanks. Good to know.
Old 03-10-2018, 01:30 AM   #55
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Good points made, thanks.

So with the new GTAVI, the rumor was that it could take place in Florida's Vice City again. I enjoyed Vice City for introducing motorcycles to GTA especially, and it'd be cool if they bring back the big mall with two levels if they do decide on Florida.

Only downside to Florida is the landscape is flat with not many hills except for the freeways. I'm visualizing Driv3r's Miami map, which was a nice layout of the city.
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
Thanks given by:
Himmel (03-12-2018)
Old 03-10-2018, 01:58 AM   #56
Special Member

Aug 2011
Right here...

Quote:

Just curious...how old are you?
Old 03-10-2018, 02:50 AM   #57
Power Member

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Good points made, thanks.

So with the new GTAVI, the rumor was that it could take place in Florida's Vice City again. I enjoyed Vice City for introducing motorcycles to GTA especially, and it'd be cool if they bring back the big mall with two levels if they do decide on Florida.

Only downside to Florida is the landscape is flat with not many hills except for the freeways. I'm visualizing Driv3r's Miami map, which was a nice layout of the city.
They can always expand outside of Vice City like More into the country side like they did in GTA San Andreas. Have Vice City then add 1 or 2 cities like add Tampa Bay and Orlando. Thereís really no reason they canít if they can do in the PS2 era then they donít really have an excuse to be able to do it in this gen. The only real reason they may not do is it would cost more money for a bigger map.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:56 AM   #58
Power Member

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:

I know I haven’t been asked my ID in a long time. While I buy my games digitally I still buy disc games friends or family members for birthdays and Christmas and I’ve never been ask for my ID when I do or if I buy an R rated movie and everyone I know says I look like I’m 18 and I’m about to turn 28 this month. The only time I am asked for my ID is when I go to the movie theaters. And it’s odd to cause if my mom or older brothers are behind me in line and they buy a game like GTA or an R rated movie they immediately have to show ID and they thinks it’s crazy I was never asked for mine. And I every store around me has a sign says that their policy is to ask for ID if buying an R rated movie or an M rated game.
Old 03-10-2018, 06:54 AM   #59
Power Member

Aug 2017
Gotham City

I Wish rockstar would release new GTA games in between the bigger GTA games like how they did with Liberty city stores and Vice city stores that way the wait would feel so long for 6.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4