Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Justice League 3D (Blu-ray)
£12.99
21 hrs ago
Justice League (Blu-ray)
£7.49
15 hrs ago
Ash vs Evil Dead: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
£17.99

The Mind of Mr Soames (Blu-ray)
£14.99

Loveless (Blu-ray)
£7.49

Halloween (Blu-ray)
£7.00

The Shape of Water (Blu-ray)
£9.99

Finding Your Feet (Blu-ray)
£7.49

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri (Blu-ray)
£9.99

Wonder Woman (Blu-ray)
£6.99

Red Sparrow (Blu-ray)
£10.00

Alien 1-6 Boxset (Blu-ray)
£15.77

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 02-23-2018, 05:07 PM   #221
Expert Member

Oct 2014
Bristol, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasker View Post
Ordered volume 3, 2018 is so getting off to a good start
If a wallet unfriendly one...
Now go home and get your f***in' shine box!
Old 02-26-2018, 05:10 AM   #222

Oct 2015

I hope they move pre-Thunderbirds for future releases. I'd love a set of Stingray or Fireball (even Supercar), but I wouldn't bother with Joe 90 or Secret Service.
Old 02-26-2018, 12:59 PM   #223
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

It will be Stingrays 55th anniversary next year, perhaps they might do it then to celebrate
Thanks given by:
dublinbluray108 (02-26-2018)
Old 02-26-2018, 07:38 PM   #224
Banned

Jan 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradenklune View Post
I hope they move pre-Thunderbirds for future releases. I'd love a set of Stingray or Fireball (even Supercar), but I wouldn't bother with Joe 90 or Secret Service.
Joe 90 is 50 this year so I'd bet on that one.
I would think Secret Service is a long way down the list.
Old 02-27-2018, 02:18 PM   #225
Expert Member

Oct 2014
Bristol, UK

Joe 90 is fine with me, as would be The Secret Service if they upgraded that.
Now go home and get your f***in' shine box!
Old 02-27-2018, 02:41 PM   #226
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2013
Dinas Powys, UK

Definitely in for Joe 90. And Stingray. And Thunderbirds. And The Secret Service. And Space Precinct. And... no actually wait I'm not sure I'm in a rush to revist Torchy.
Blu-ray sale thread (Criterion - 3 for 2!, UHD, and more!)

----

Colour-coded Criterion Spreadsheet (BD [US +UK]/iTunes HD/both BD+iTunes/Box Sets): .pdf | .ods
Old 02-27-2018, 09:10 PM   #227
Banned

Jan 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by minister_x View Post
Definitely in for Joe 90. And Stingray. And Thunderbirds. And The Secret Service. And Space Precinct. And... no actually wait I'm not sure I'm in a rush to revist Torchy.
The chances of a Bluray for Space Precinct are negligible.
They had trouble obtaining correct 2 part versions for the 2 part episodes on the UK dvd's so I think original materials for the series might not be readily available.

I do wonder how long ITV will wait until Network are able to replace ITV's cropped Thunderbirds Blurays but the US set is fine so the masters are already there and Network could issue a series set all at once instead of month by month

The earlier B&W Anderson shows suffer from a lack of 35mm prints. Wasn't an episode of Four Feather Falls included on the Fireball Bluray as it was the one remaining episode that exists on 35mm?
Thanks given by:
dublinbluray108 (02-27-2018), minister_x (02-27-2018)
Old 02-28-2018, 09:11 AM   #228

Mar 2014

Iíve just ordered the first 2 discs. How good are network with their delivery? When I placed the order it said up to 28 days - is this just worst case?
Old 02-28-2018, 10:17 AM   #229
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtimus View Post
Iíve just ordered the first 2 discs. How good are network with their delivery? When I placed the order it said up to 28 days - is this just worst case?
Once dispatched shouldn't take more than 2-3 days.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:27 AM   #230
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man From Hammer View Post
I do wonder how long ITV will wait until Network are able to replace ITV's cropped Thunderbirds Blurays but the US set is fine so the masters are already there and Network could issue a series set all at once instead of month by month.
You’re probably just referring to the 4:3 masters being ready, but The Shout set has some pretty bad aliasing on some episodes, so it isn’t great. Really hoping Network do the series properly over here, but for now, their cropped set will suffice.
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (03-06-2018)
Old 02-28-2018, 11:35 AM   #231
Banned

Jan 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jonezzz... View Post
Youíre probably just referring to the 4:3 masters being ready, but The Shout set has some pretty bad aliasing on some episodes, so it isnít great. Really hoping Network do the series properly over here, but for now, their cropped set will suffice.
The "aliasing" issue was mentioned quite early on but like a lot of other buyers I don't really see anything wrong with them. Certainly preferable to the 16:9 versions
Old 03-06-2018, 11:25 PM   #232

Jun 2011

The second blu-ray was delivered 3 days early so interesting to see if anyone gets the third disc this Friday.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:30 PM   #233
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiana Jonezzz... View Post
Youíre probably just referring to the 4:3 masters being ready, but The Shout set has some pretty bad aliasing on some episodes, so it isnít great. Really hoping Network do the series properly over here, but for now, their cropped set will suffice.
The aliasing is purely a Shout thing, not on the masters, so if/when we do get the 4:3 versions of Thunderbirds on UK Blu-ray we'll be fine as long as they don't physically re-use Shout's encodes.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:45 PM   #234
Expert Member

May 2015

Finished Volumes 1 & 2. Really enjoyed them, and the PQ is great. I've always been a fan of Thunderbirds, but for whatever reason this was the very first time I had watched Captain Scarlet. I particularly enjoyed the darker tone, and was actually surprised at the amount of violence and death depicted - which definitely lent a gritty realism to the central conflict. Looking forward to sets three and four.
Thanks given by:
hagios (03-07-2018)
Old 03-06-2018, 11:53 PM   #235
Expert Member

May 2015

Quote:
The "aliasing" issue was mentioned quite early on but like a lot of other buyers I don't really see anything wrong with them. Certainly preferable to the 16:9 versions
Completely agree. I've watched the Shout set through twice and haven't noticed the aliasing problems that some claim are prevalent. Granted, I'm using a 40" screen - but as I first saw the show on a B&W TV, and then had it on VHS, perhaps my standards are a little less demanding.
Old 03-08-2018, 10:51 PM   #236
Banned

Jan 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddington View Post
Completely agree. I've watched the Shout set through twice and haven't noticed the aliasing problems that some claim are prevalent. Granted, I'm using a 40" screen - but as I first saw the show on a B&W TV, and then had it on VHS, perhaps my standards are a little less demanding.
I have a 50" screen but they still look fine. I think some viewers seem to go out of their way to look for problems although I agree you're going to spot things if you have a very large screen
Old 03-09-2018, 01:45 AM   #237
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2010
Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
The aliasing is purely a Shout thing, not on the masters, so if/when we do get the 4:3 versions of Thunderbirds on UK Blu-ray we'll be fine as long as they don't physically re-use Shout's encodes.
Yes, I know, that’s exactly what I meant when I referenced the 4:3 masters being ready. Therefore, hopefully Network can just use them and pop them on disc, preferably without aliasing.

Quote:
I have a 50" screen but they still look fine. I think some viewers seem to go out of their way to look for problems although I agree you're going to spot things if you have a very large screen
The aliasing issues are there, whether you see them or not, and whether you think they’re no big deal is up to yourself, but after seeing the screenshots, it put me straight off.

Last edited by Indiana Jonezzz...; 03-09-2018 at 02:03 AM.
Old 03-09-2018, 09:31 AM   #238

Oct 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK

Volume 3 has just arrived for me
Old 03-09-2018, 09:38 AM   #239
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2009
Bristol, England

Certainly is bad timing for my TV to develop a fault, wonít be watching mine for awhile then
Old 03-09-2018, 10:30 AM   #240

Jul 2011
NEW JERSEY

Nico76 .. Can you post some photos ?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland