Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Orphan Black: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Drive (Blu-ray)
$27.99
11 hrs ago
The Rocketeer (Blu-ray)
$8.99
22 hrs ago
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99
1 day ago
Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99

Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$73.43
20 hrs ago
City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly's Gold (Blu-ray)
$19.99
21 hrs ago
The Groove Tube (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 day ago
The Father (Blu-ray)
$21.99

Dragonheart: 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Dead & Buried 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports

View Poll Results: Which was the best World Cup
1930 URUGUAY 0 0%
1934 ITALY 0 0%
1938 FRANCE 0 0%
1950 BRAZIL 0 0%
1954 SWITZERLAND 1 5.88%
1958 SWEDEN 0 0%
1962 CHILE 0 0%
1966 ENGLAND 0 0%
1970 MEXICO 0 0%
1974 W.GERMANY 1 5.88%
1978 ARGENTINA 0 0%
1982 SPAIN 0 0%
1986 MEXICO 3 17.65%
1990 ITALY 5 29.41%
1994 U.S.A 3 17.65%
1998 FRANCE 0 0%
2002 S.KOREA/ JAPAN 2 11.76%
2006 GERMANY 1 5.88%
2010 S.AFRICA 1 5.88%
2014 BRAZIL 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-10-2018, 04:23 PM   #8601
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by tob View Post
I love the man for obvious reasons.
Shocking mate. Just my opinion but I think he is a dirty, lowlife cheating *****.

Old 05-10-2018, 05:30 PM   #8602
Retired Hollywood Insider

Apr 2007

If you have time, listen to the podcast.
I think the back story about the city of Naples and its football supporters might be more entertaining than that of Maradona, esp. if one dislikes him.
Thanks given by:
CV19 (05-11-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 08:43 PM   #8603
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penton-Man View Post
If you have time, listen to the podcast.
I think the back story about the city of Naples and its football supporters might be more entertaining than that of Maradona, esp. if one dislikes him.
Dislike is too generous lol. Pele, now thatís a different matter. What a gent.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:46 PM   #8604

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
You know I canít argue with that . Of all the framed 'art' hanging in our family room, documenting meeting him in person at a match in D.C. remains my favorite piece Ö.

I watched this Pele movie as soon as it came out (he makes a funny cameo near the end) - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0995868/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt
Old 05-10-2018, 10:11 PM   #8605
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
You know I canít argue with that . Of all the framed 'art' hanging in our family room, documenting meeting him in person at a match in D.C. remains my favorite piece Ö.

I watched this Pele movie as soon as it came out (he makes a funny cameo near the end) - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0995868/?ref_=ttfc_fc_tt
Yes, I remembered. . I enjoyed that post Penton Man.

That and our chats about your hazardous but exciting sounding bike rides!
Old 05-11-2018, 08:09 AM   #8606
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2017
England

Quote:
I love the man for obvious reasons.
Tob, I take it you're referring to this moment:

Quote:
Agree with you there mate.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (05-11-2018)
Old 05-11-2018, 08:26 AM   #8607
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by CV19 View Post

Maradona 'Hand of God' Goal 1986 World Cup - YouTube

I still remember that night and all the comments at school the next day!
Old 05-11-2018, 06:08 PM   #8608
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2012
co.cork ireland

Quote:

Maradona 'Hand of God' Goal 1986 World Cup - YouTube

I am CV19 great World Cup and great moment.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:52 PM   #8609

Apr 2007

Quote:
Yes, I remembered. . I enjoyed that post Penton Man.

That and our chats about your hazardous but exciting sounding bike rides!
Someday, Iíve got to repost that pic of the rattlesnake slithering across the front of my bike tire. All my old pics posted on the forum Ďexpiredí when the free image hosting service I use changed servers or something. So, for people to view them again Iíve got to manually change the url on each one, which is a pain.

Anyway, I hope you put aside your dislike for Liverpool and root for them in the Champions League final, for after all, they will be representing the Prem and personally I think John Henry has been more supportive of improving his club than for instance Stan Kroenke which is why Iím still wary of how Arsenal will fare in the future even though Arsene is departingÖ.but at least itís a first step in long overdue management policies/oversight.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (05-11-2018)
Old 05-11-2018, 07:56 PM   #8610

Apr 2007

Quote:
To this day, that ^ still upsets me.
Just another reason for something else that has been long overdue in football(soccer), namely VAR.....
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...rks-fifa-have/
Old 05-11-2018, 08:02 PM   #8611

Apr 2007

Quote:
I think John Henry has been more supportive of improving his club than for instance Stan Kroenke....
Which is really sad because (donít know if you guys follow sports in the states), but given the Rams moving out here to LA, the building of a new stadium complex the likes of which the world has never seen/experienced (https://la.curbed.com/2018/1/3/16847...ruction-photos), the LA 2028 summer Olympics with all that exposure, I expect, given time, the LA Rams will become the richest franchise in all of sports making his estate even more valuable than it is today.
Old 05-11-2018, 08:05 PM   #8612
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2017
England

Quote:
To this day, that still upsets me.
Just another reason for something else that has been long overdue in football(soccer), namely VAR.....
Yes it would avoid a repetition of that incident. If I recall, FIFA wasn't even interested in goal-line technology when it was first introduced. Correct me if I'm wrong, but when this was being used for Premier League matches, didn't UEFA as well insist on it being switched off during any Champions League games? They didn't seem keen on embracing new technology to assist referees.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:29 PM   #8613
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
I am CV19 great World Cup and great moment.
You can *** off!
Old 05-11-2018, 09:34 PM   #8614
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Someday, I’ve got to repost that pic of the rattlesnake slithering across the front of my bike tire. All my old pics posted on the forum ‘expired’ when the free image hosting service I use changed servers or something. So, for people to view them again I’ve got to manually change the url on each one, which is a pain.

Anyway, I hope you put aside your dislike for Liverpool and root for them in the Champions League final, for after all, they will be representing the Prem and personally I think John Henry has been more supportive of improving his club than for instance Stan Kroenke which is why I’m still wary of how Arsenal will fare in the future even though Arsene is departing….but at least it’s a first step in long overdue management policies/oversight.
I can’t do that, I’m afraid. Three negative memories from away games has cemented my hate for the club. Over exposure has only made that worse.

However, I will refrain from negative posts as I don’t want to spoil other conversations.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:41 PM   #8615
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2012
co.cork ireland

Quote:
You can *** off!
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (05-11-2018)
Old 05-11-2018, 10:17 PM   #8616
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
To this day, that ^ still upsets me.
There's assisting the officials to make their lives easier, then there's VAR which has been an absolute shitshow in the English game thus far, having been deployed on a select few FA Cup games IIRC. It doesn't seem to clear up controversy but actually adds to it, as people aren't sure what's going on and it still relies on humans to interpret what's going on and to decide if there was an infringement in the first place. As with run outs in cricket, the initial usage of a simple "was it over the line?" system has morphed into something larger and although it allows for correction of the absolute howlers it also runs into plenty of grey areas still.

But at least with cricket there's a limited amount of 'reviews' that teams can employ, separate from umpires looking at run outs or whether catches carried, whereas letting some blind goober in a TV truck in a Heathrow Airport car park decide whether a footy incident needs looking at doesn't sound right to me at all. Goal-line tech is fine but the overall VAR system still needs a lot of work IMO.
Quote:
Anyway, I hope you put aside your dislike for Liverpool and root for them in the Champions League final, for after all, they will be representing the Prem and personally I think John Henry has been more supportive of improving his club than for instance Stan Kroenke which is why I’m still wary of how Arsenal will fare in the future even though Arsene is departing….but at least it’s a first step in long overdue management policies/oversight.
Always had a soft spot for Liverpool meself as although Palace suffered a 9-0 mauling at their hands we got revenge in the FA Cup semi-final that year (back when the cup still meant something), and we've traded blows ever since. I doubt any Liverpool fan will forget Crystanbul or us giving Stevie G a proper send-off with that 3-1 defeat at Anfield in his last game for the club (I believe their official name for us is "Crystal ****ing Palace") and although they had the better of us this season they didn't tonk us and we've stopped up so it's all good.

TL;DR

I'll be rooting for Liverpool in the final. Would love to see Ronaldo et al get stuffed by Klopp's Kop Kommandos!
Old 05-12-2018, 10:44 AM   #8617
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

Re the 'hand of God' goal (who knew God was a stumpy little Argentine fat c**t?! ) - the real shame is that the goal completely overshadows his second, which is arguably the greatest individual World Cup goal of all-time....

Snook home against Fulham last night. Very timely good defensive performance - Curtis Davies was outstanding at the back, and the beast, Cameron Jerome came up with the goal again.

Not conviced a 1-0 lead will be enough, but happy to take a lead to Craven Cottage for the return leg. Nervy 90 mins ahead
Old 05-12-2018, 10:53 AM   #8618
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2017
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
There's assisting the officials to make their lives easier, then there's VAR which has been an absolute shitshow in the English game thus far, having been deployed on a select few FA Cup games IIRC. It doesn't seem to clear up controversy but actually adds to it, as people aren't sure what's going on and it still relies on humans to interpret what's going on and to decide if there was an infringement in the first place.
Agreed. Who could forget that farce with the crooked white line. Goal-line technology is great, but I'm with you in that VAR most definitely needs to be improved. They must have their reasons I guess, but I don't figure out why the VAR guy has to be miles away from the stadium.
Old 05-12-2018, 10:58 AM   #8619
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

If VAR is here for the long term then it has an awfully long way to go before it's anywhere near approaching positive for the game.

Thus far it's been far too detrimental to the game.

Not helped by the fact that referees don't seem to have a clue how to use it properly.

Personally, I'm against the system. I think it takes something away from the game.

Goal-line technology on the other hand, is perfectly fine.
Old 05-12-2018, 11:32 AM   #8620
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouncilSpectre View Post
Re the 'hand of God' goal (who knew God was a stumpy little Argentine fat c**t?! ) - the real shame is that the goal completely overshadows his second, which is arguably the greatest individual World Cup goal of all-time....

Diego Maradona Goal of the Century Argentina v England 1986 - YouTube

Snook home against Fulham last night. Very timely good defensive performance - Curtis Davies was outstanding at the back, and the beast, Cameron Jerome came up with the goal again.

Not conviced a 1-0 lead will be enough, but happy to take a lead to Craven Cottage for the return leg. Nervy 90 mins ahead
I hate the play offs, having lost a penalty shoot out at Wembley, Iím still scarred.

Good win for you. I think you will get to the final.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports