Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Rambo: The Complete Collector's Set (iTunes)
$9.99
10 hrs ago
Rocky Heavyweight Collection (iTunes)
$29.94
10 hrs ago
Shaun of the Dead (iTunes)
$4.99
10 hrs ago
DreamWorks 17-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$79.99

Batman 4 Film Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Cliffhanger (iTunes)
$4.99
10 hrs ago
A Knight's Tale (iTunes)
$4.99
10 hrs ago
Shazam! (iTunes)
$9.99

How To Train Your Dragon Trilogy (iTunes)
$24.99

Rocky (iTunes)
$4.99
10 hrs ago
Venom / Spider-man: Homecoming (iTunes)
$17.99

Demolition Man (iTunes)
$4.99
10 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 11-02-2018, 02:09 PM   #21
Special Member

Oct 2009
WI

I received some upgrades in the past few days as well. Only Kingsman: The Golden Circle was moved to the top of my list though so for those who are going off that for the upgrades you might just have to manually check everything. Here are the ones I know for a fact were upgraded without moving to the top of the list.

Kingsman: Secret Service
Fury
The Patriot
Maze Runner: Scorch Trials
The Martian

I also noticed when looking at the 4K page on VUDU last night that they had Kick-Ass, Cabin in the Woods and Red 2 in 4K now. Don't know how long they've been up but I was holding off redeeming my codes from those 4K packs until VUDU got them in 4K so I didn't have to deal with Lionsgate about getting new codes if I redeemed elsewhere and didn't get 4K rights on VUDU.

Now I just with Sony would get their act together and transfer all the 4K rights for the codes that I redeemed on Sony Movie Store into MA so I could get some of those on VUDU in 4K as well.
Thanks given by:
AZBrowncoat (11-02-2018)
Old 11-02-2018, 04:40 PM   #22

Mar 2014
Michigan

I unlinked and relinked my Vudu to MA and the UHD version of Kingsman Golden Circle showed up in my Vudu account. That's the only Fox title I had in 4k in iTunes.
Old 11-02-2018, 09:57 PM   #23
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

so wait, I'm a little confused ~ if I had added the codes from the UHD's (of the few that have been upgraded) - into MA and they were HDX, if I uninstall/reinstall Vudu and MA - will these upgrade, or is this only applicable for Itune's additions?
Old 11-02-2018, 10:55 PM   #24

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueFalconer View Post
I unlinked and relinked my Vudu to MA and the UHD version of Kingsman Golden Circle showed up in my Vudu account. That's the only Fox title I had in 4k in iTunes.
I didn't do that, but I got Kingsman Golden Circle and The Martian upgraded to 4K. I have a few other Fox titles in iTunes, so it would be nice if Vudu adds them too, but I'd really like to see them add more Sony titles since I'd redeemed some at Sony's site to get 4K UV rights (before MA existed) and it would be good to have those make it too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
so wait, I'm a little confused ~ if I had added the codes from the UHD's (of the few that have been upgraded) - into MA and they were HDX, if I uninstall/reinstall Vudu and MA - will these upgrade, or is this only applicable for Itune's additions?
If you redeemed them at MA's site or iTunes and they were good for 4K digital copies, you should have them upgraded in Vudu as soon as Vudu adds them in 4K. If you'd redeemed at Vudu back when all they had was HDX, you may want to try MA support to see if they can help you, but you won't see an upgrade automatically.
Thanks given by:
flyry (11-06-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 03:20 AM   #25
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklar0427 View Post

If you redeemed them at MA's site or iTunes and they were good for 4K digital copies, you should have them upgraded in Vudu as soon as Vudu adds them in 4K. If you'd redeemed at Vudu back when all they had was HDX, you may want to try MA support to see if they can help you, but you won't see an upgrade automatically.
so I'm good with redeeming the Best Buy steelbook UHD edition of 'The Shape of Water' (which I bought today) entering the code onto MA, then checking with my Vudu account (that's merged with MA) and I've acquired the UHD streaming rights?
Old 11-08-2018, 05:54 AM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
so I'm good with redeeming the Best Buy steelbook UHD edition of 'The Shape of Water' (which I bought today) entering the code onto MA, then checking with my Vudu account (that's merged with MA) and I've acquired the UHD streaming rights?
Unless things are different with the more recent steelbook release, Shape of Water does not redeem into iTunes (for UHD upgrade) and the codes with original pressing were only ever HD quality as this was Fox's practice for initial UHD disc codes. It's unlikely you can get UHD Shape of Water from a code (unless the steelbook re-release is different). The only possibly loophole is now that Google Play also gives free UHD you could hold the code to see if/when GP adds UHD for SoW and redeem there (since SoW will redeem into GP) but no telling when they will add UHD or how GP will port into MA (iTunes transfers the upgraded 4K license as 4K, I havent heard if GP does).

You could test your code by logging out of MA, entering the code, and seeing what the confirmation screen shows (which will not use the code if you are logged out instead prompting you to log in). If you try this please report back, Im curious if steelbook code.is different.

Last edited by Undeadcow; 11-08-2018 at 06:00 AM.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:58 AM   #27

Jul 2011

I see a couple of new upgrades this week:
-2001: A Space Odyssey (was HD when I redeemed last week)
-Hitman: Agent 47 (2015)
Old 11-08-2018, 11:57 AM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by twentythird View Post
I see a couple of new upgrades this week:
-2001: A Space Odyssey (was HD when I redeemed last week)
-Hitman: Agent 47 (2015)
American Psycho
Knowing (can confirm ports UHD from FN redeem by UV)
Mechanic Resurrection (can confirm ports UHD from FN redeem by UV)
Source Code (can confirm ports UHD from FN redeem by UV)
Hidden Figures
Promethus
Superman
Warm Bodies
X-men: First Class

I'm still holding off on redeeming American Psycho given Lionsgate/Vudu haven't fixed Evil Dead to redeem in UHD on Vudu (still seems HD only) and FN redeems do not port into UV as UHD that I know of. Hopefully we won't see Evil Dead and America Psycho stuck in some sort of digital code limbo for Vudu UHD because both a 'good' films. So far Evil Dead is an exception and other titles have been fine.

Last edited by Undeadcow; 11-08-2018 at 04:21 PM.
Thanks given by:
jbloggs (11-14-2018), vivablu (11-08-2018)
Old 11-08-2018, 07:03 PM   #29

Feb 2017

If you own the actual discs send Sony an email. They gave me new codes for mine. You need all the paperwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mklar0427 View Post
I didn't do that, but I got Kingsman Golden Circle and The Martian upgraded to 4K. I have a few other Fox titles in iTunes, so it would be nice if Vudu adds them too, but I'd really like to see them add more Sony titles since I'd redeemed some at Sony's site to get 4K UV rights (before MA existed) and it would be good to have those make it too.

Old 11-08-2018, 09:41 PM   #30
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadcow View Post
Warm Bodies
Can "Warm Bodies" be redeemed on VUDU in 4K (with UV)?
Old 11-08-2018, 09:54 PM   #31
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
According to 4ksheet.com Warm Bodies can be redeemed directly into Vudu, also most Lionsgate titles seem to port in as UHD from UV if redeemed in FN (as 4ksheet.com confirms is the case with WB) with the exception of occasional problem titles like Evil Dead and others. I don't have any personal experience with WB code so cannot say for sure.
Old 11-08-2018, 11:27 PM   #32
Special Member

Jan 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
Yes. I redeemed mine through Vudu and got UHD.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:11 AM   #33

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJtennispro View Post
If you own the actual discs send Sony an email. They gave me new codes for mine. You need all the paperwork.
Did you have to give them the codes? I'm not sure I still have my sheets because they redeemed 4K at the time and no one had ever heard of MA yet. I have the case, disc, and can likely come up with an email receipt. I guess it's worth a shot.
Old 11-14-2018, 02:27 PM   #34

Jun 2015

This is good stuff. I will have to check to see if any of my existing Library has made the change on VUDU. I hope this trend continues.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:11 PM   #35
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Houston, TX

Recent additions:

Die Hard
The Revenant
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Murder on the Orient Express
Rocky
Old 11-17-2018, 12:29 AM   #36

Aug 2010
California

Quote:
Recent additions:

Die Hard
The Revenant
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children
Murder on the Orient Express
Rocky
So with these recent upgrades on VUDU, does that mean if I enter my 4k digital codes on foxredeem for Die Hard and Orient Express thru itunes should these port the UHD rights to VUDU and FandangoNow? Thanks for any info.
Old 11-17-2018, 12:32 AM   #37
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Houston, TX
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulscul View Post
So with these recent upgrades on VUDU, does that mean if I enter my 4k digital codes on foxredeem for Die Hard and Orient Express thru itunes should these port the UHD rights to VUDU and FandangoNow? Thanks for any info.
Not likely because neither Die Hard nor Murder on the Orient Express redeems into iTunes (you could 2x check, maybe Im wrong). Both are from an era when Fox cut out iTunes as part of their workaround to avoid free UHD upgrades (or whatever other reason Fox no longer redeems into iTunes), and issued UHD discs with only HD codes so redeeming into Vudu or elsewhere only gives HDX. For those 2 the only way to get UHD in iTunes is to buy them, at least Die Hard has been $4.99 several times and likely will go cheap again.

Last edited by Undeadcow; 11-17-2018 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-25-2018, 03:07 AM   #38

Oct 2008
TEXAS!

I noticed tonight that the following movies which I had on Vudu only were upgraded from HDX to UHD.

Transformers
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Transformers: Age of Extinction

The third one (Dark of the Moon) was not upgraded.

I originally got all four of these for free from the Paramount digital movie store (Oct 2017). Found this promo which gave me all four of them for free - they came over to Vudu via UV originally. Since they're Paramount, they were never in iTunes or Movies Anywhere. This goes against what a few people were saying on Page 1. But these were definitely upgraded for sure.

Last edited by Joe Siegler; 12-25-2018 at 03:14 AM.
Old 12-25-2018, 04:14 PM   #39
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2011
Houston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Siegler View Post
I noticed tonight that the following movies which I had on Vudu only were upgraded from HDX to UHD.

Transformers
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
Transformers: Age of Extinction

...I originally got all four of these for free from the Paramount digital movie store (Oct 2017). Found this promo which gave me all four of them for free - they came over to Vudu via UV originally. Since they're Paramount, they were never in iTunes or Movies Anywhere. This goes against what a few people were saying on Page 1. But these were definitely upgraded for sure.
Back in October 2017ish there was a price glitch on Paramount that set the cost of Transformer movies in UHD at free so a number of us got free UHD copies, since HD was only available on Vudu until now HD is all that ported over although that glitch was for the higher UHD, which now displays as such because available on Vudu. Its not a free upgrade, its how the movies were originally licensed by you and several of us with the price glitch.
Old 12-25-2018, 08:57 PM   #40

Oct 2008
TEXAS!

Quote:
Back in October 2017ish there was a price glitch on Paramount that set the cost of Transformer movies in UHD at free so a number of us got free UHD copies, since HD was only available on Vudu until now HD is all that ported over although that glitch was for the higher UHD, which now displays as such because available on Vudu. Its not a free upgrade, its how the movies were originally licensed by you and several of us with the price glitch.
The freebies I got from the Paramount site a year ago or so have always been HD, and they never said they were going to be 4k/UHD/whatever. They've always been HD, I've never expected them to be anything else.
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (12-26-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies