Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.16

47 Ronin 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.51

The Legend of Hercules 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.77

G-Force 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.85

The Wizard of Oz 3D (Blu-ray)
$75.99

Jivaro 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.82

Dolphins and Whales: Tribes of the Ocean 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.00

Under the Sea 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.30

Everest 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.18

Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (Blu-ray)
$14.00
22 hrs ago
Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Sanctum 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.18

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players

Old 11-13-2017, 07:37 PM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2010
Bruce Wayne lives in my attic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@Chicago View Post
Anything unusual about 4K disc playback?

In another thread, someone said MS has a 'color bug' in it's UHD player.

MS did get Atmos working with Xbox X, which I'm sure some found shocking.
The latest patch release for X1 does have a HDR bug in it. If you are in the Preview program, they have the patch out already.
Old 11-15-2017, 03:46 AM   #42
Special Member

Jul 2009

Sorry Wrong Thread
Old 12-31-2018, 02:57 PM   #43

Oct 2013

I've been having increasing problems playing certain 3d discs on my Xbox One S after smooth sailing. Now it won't play Guardians of the Galaxy or My Bloody Valentine at all. The imports of Infinity War and Black Panther played at first, and not anymore. They usually lock hip on the blue screen after spinning up the disc.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:35 PM   #44

Jul 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleus View Post
I've been having increasing problems playing certain 3d discs on my Xbox One S after smooth sailing. Now it won't play Guardians of the Galaxy or My Bloody Valentine at all. The imports of Infinity War and Black Panther played at first, and not anymore. They usually lock hip on the blue screen after spinning up the disc.
Yes, there are serious problems now playing 3D blu-rays on Xbox One S/X.

What kind of TV are you using? Full HD or 4K?
Old 01-17-2019, 10:10 PM   #45

Oct 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonppa View Post
Yes, there are serious problems now playing 3D blu-rays on Xbox One S/X.

What kind of TV are you using? Full HD or 4K?
I’m watching on a LG Oled 4K. The 3d looks great - when it’s working.

Sometimes it seems like a handshake issue after it loads up, other times it locks up on the initial blue app screen.

About half of my discs play fine. The others are spotty. This is the second Xbox one S that’s done this for me so I’m pretty sure it’s the app.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:49 AM   #46

Jul 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleus View Post
Iím watching on a LG Oled 4K. The 3d looks great - when itís working.

Sometimes it seems like a handshake issue after it loads up, other times it locks up on the initial blue app screen.

About half of my discs play fine. The others are spotty. This is the second Xbox one S thatís done this for me so Iím pretty sure itís the app.
Yes, it's the app. I'm also using LG OLED 4K, and I can't play 3D blu-rays anymore when the output from Xbox is 4K. When I switch the output to 1080p the discs work fine. You should try that too.
Thanks given by:
rightformula1 (01-21-2019)
Old 01-21-2019, 03:26 AM   #47

Apr 2016
Brisbane, QLD

Quote:
Yes, it's the app. I'm also using LG OLED 4K, and I can't play 3D blu-rays anymore when the output from Xbox is 4K. When I switch the output to 1080p the discs work fine. You should try that too.
I can also confirm this - had an Xbox One X since launch and picked up the LG OLED in March last year - I just have separate inputs on the TV and I switch the HDMI cord to whatever is needed.
Old 01-28-2019, 08:21 PM   #48

Oct 2013

Quote:
My OLED doesn’t seem to want to accept the Xbox 1080p signal.

I tested more discs last night. More don’t work than work so it’s much worse than before. It’s basically become useless as a 3d player for me. I guess I need to track down a reliable 3d blu Ray player if I can find one....
Old 02-08-2019, 03:58 PM   #49

Mar 2014
Default 3D and Xbox One question

Hi guys,

I figured this was the best place to ask, as most other xbox and or Blu ray sources are clueless as to 3D.

My drive in my Xbox One finally went out, so I am going to order a replacement drive off Amazon and install/solder the new one in.

My question is, will a replacement drive still play 3D Blu Rays? I am not sure if it is the software which converts to 3D or if it is the actual hardware/drivers?

Thanks so much!
Old 02-08-2019, 05:18 PM   #50
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
Phoenix, AZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanboy View Post
Hi guys,

I figured this was the best place to ask, as most other xbox and or Blu ray sources are clueless as to 3D.

My drive in my Xbox One finally went out, so I am going to order a replacement drive off Amazon and install/solder the new one in.

My question is, will a replacement drive still play 3D Blu Rays? I am not sure if it is the software which converts to 3D or if it is the actual hardware/drivers?

Thanks so much!
I don't know the answer to your question, but the following thread would likely be a better place to ask:

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=295699
Old 02-08-2019, 05:33 PM   #51

Mar 2014

Thanks Ryan, i'll post in there as well. I know I am in an extreme minority with this question, but i'm sure someone out there who utilizes 3D like myself will know.
Old 02-08-2019, 05:51 PM   #52

Mar 2014

Hi guys,

Thanks so much!
Old 02-09-2019, 01:25 PM   #53

Aug 2009
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanboy View Post
Hi guys,

Thanks so much!
Software. If it can read the disc itíll know how to decode it.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:01 PM   #54

Mar 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickyrockard View Post
Software. If it can read the disc itíll know how to decode it.
Thank you! Iíll order the replacement drive and report back.
Old 02-12-2019, 10:03 PM   #55

Jan 2018

Really sad to hear that the XBox One S/X Blu-ray app has become so unreliable at playing 3D Blu-ray discs. I have built a pretty good collection of 3D Blu-rays and this is currently my only Blu-ray player so I guess I will have to find another 3D Blu-ray like others in this thread. I haven't had time to watch a lot of mine but the only one I haven't been able to play was Guardians of the Galaxy. I may try and play all of my 3D Blu-rays, make a list of the ones that don't work, and try to somehow report it to Microsoft. I have seen some of their employees who work on some of the MS apps post in the XBox One sub-reddit so that may be a good place to start. I'm also glad to hear there is somewhat of a workaround by changing the video output to 1080P but that sucks to have to downscale every time someone wants to watch a Blu-ray. If they are going to advertise the XB1 S/X as 3D Blu-ray players then it SHOULD work as long as the discs are in good shape without having to change settings like that.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D Players