Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Ghost Town (Blu-ray)
£6.01
14 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£224.99
1 day ago
The Werner Herzog Collection (Blu-ray)
£29.99

Assassination Classroom: Season 1 & 2 Collection (Blu-ray)
£28.20

The Stud / The Bitch (Blu-ray)
£19.99
1 day ago
Fellini Four Films Box Set (Blu-ray)
£19.99

The Fifth Element 4K (Blu-ray)
£15.99

The Martian 4K (Blu-ray)
£11.99

Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (Blu-ray)
£2.33
1 hr ago
Mr Topaze (Blu-ray)
£6.99
8 hrs ago
The Flash: Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
£24.99

Spider-Man: 2-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£22.67
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 09-29-2019, 02:52 AM   #461
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2017
Southeast Michigan, USA

I'm keeping my pre-order of the Oldboy LE as it would be inconvenient to re-order for the trilogy box set- plus, I'd be missing out on the book.

But... it would mean better packaging. I've always hated Digipaks, but Arrow had to use the worst kind out there. Perfect.
Old 09-29-2019, 05:09 AM   #462
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

I pre-ordered the LE set on June 1st and my Amazon order still reflects that I'll be receiving this between October 4th and 9th here in the states. I ordered this for Oldboy and am still very much looking forward to the release as while I'm ecstatic to be getting the other films, I've never seen them and so have no idea if I'll like them or not. I only still have the original Tartan release of Oldboy so getting a new (to me) remaster and the book remains a huge selling point.
Thanks given by:
professorwho (09-29-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 09:37 AM   #463
Expert Member

Nov 2010
Harrow, United Kingdom
Send a message via AIM to nishomac Send a message via Skype™ to nishomac

I can see a third party seller selling this for twice
the price on amazon so has The this actually been released

£43.97 New
+ £2.15 Delivery
coseon-de
90% positive (1,349 seller ratings)
Old 09-29-2019, 09:47 AM   #464
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2013
Durham, UK

They may have ordered direct from Arrow or they may be listing it prior to release, that happens a bit.
Thanks given by:
nishomac (09-29-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 09:49 AM   #465

May 2009
New Zealand

I was never interested in the book, so i cancelled my order and will re-order the new Amaray boxed set.
Old 09-29-2019, 12:17 PM   #466
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
UK

Can anyone tell me please if the Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and Lady Vengeance discs in this set are an improvement over the old Palisades Tartan releases?

I've got the Ltd Edition set on pre-order, but I'm not too keen on the packaging after watching the unboxing video. I already own all three films on BD, and I can't decide whether to stick with my old Tartan discs for Sympathy and Lady Vengeance and just get the remastered Oldboy 2-Disc edition or wait until the new Trilogy set comes out in December.

Basically, I would really like to know how good the Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and Lady Vengeance discs are before it's too late to cancel the pre-order. I'm guessing it will probably ship next Wednesday or thereabouts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-29-2019, 12:54 PM   #467
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2013
Durham, UK

Wouldn't we all

As far as I can tell Sympathy and Lady are existing masters so the only thing different will be the encode. Which could make all the difference.
Old 09-29-2019, 01:22 PM   #468
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

As much as I like the new artwork for The Vengeance Trilogy set, I don't exactly hate the Oldboy LE artwork and actually appreciate the efforts to make something different with that design. I don't think I own a hardcover slipbox edition that splits in half like that, and it has an 100-page booklet and poster, not to mention being £5 cheaper. I don't think the discs are in the right order (shouldn't the Oldboy discs be in the other case?) but I may swap them around.

By comparison, I probably would've got The Ring Collection LE on pre-order if it was a little cheaper (£30 would've been more sensible) but ended up getting the steelbook (with a slim booklet) and later got the standard edition of The Ring Collection from eBay for cheap (just under £20). That was a clear case of the original film being superior though, so I only really wanted the discs for the other two films. I like all three of The Vengeance Trilogy films, and Lady Vengeance is actually my favourite.

I actually have this pre-ordered from HMV, Base and Amazon so will be cancelling at least one of those orders. I might keep two though just in case one of them arrives damaged (I've nearly been screwed over in the past).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste7en View Post
Wouldn't we all

As far as I can tell Sympathy and Lady are existing masters so the only thing different will be the encode. Which could make all the difference.
Didn't somebody already confirm David Mackenzie encoded these discs? That would certainly mean these are the best discs currently available for each film...until they eventually remaster Lady Vengeance and Sympathy for Mr Vengeance of course.

PS: I hope this means Arrow will pick up further Korean films of this sort in the near future. I'd especially love Park's own film Joint Security Area, as well as Kim's A Bittersweet Life and A Tale of Two Sisters, and maybe even Bong's Memories of Murder and Snowpiercer!
Thanks given by:
joy-division (10-03-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 01:59 PM   #469
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2013
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste7en View Post
Wouldn't we all

I was hoping that someone who has already received their set from Arrow might be able to shed some light on the matter.

For example; the Hong Kong release of Lady Vengeance uses a much better master than the Tartan disc:

It would be great if someone could confirm whether the Arrow transfer is one of these or something completely different.
Thanks given by:
Ste7en (09-29-2019), Streetlight (04-25-2020)
Old 09-29-2019, 02:01 PM   #470
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

They're getting it from Tartan, so it would almost certainly be the same master they used.
Old 09-29-2019, 02:07 PM   #471
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2013
Hants, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
They're getting it from Tartan, so it would almost certainly be the same master they used.
I don't know if they are? I think Tartan's license from the original distributor has expired and therefore Arrow have picked it up, like they did for The Ring Collection and a few other films. The back of the box on that YouTube unboxing implies it has been licensed directly through CJ Entertainment, so presumably they are supplying the masters.
Old 09-29-2019, 02:45 PM   #472
Expert Member

Nov 2010
Harrow, United Kingdom

Guys whatís the issue with amazon, any update ?
Old 09-29-2019, 02:53 PM   #473
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Mar 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapta View Post
I don't know if they are? I think Tartan's license from the original distributor has expired and therefore Arrow have picked it up, like they did for The Ring Collection and a few other films. The back of the box on that YouTube unboxing implies it has been licensed directly through CJ Entertainment, so presumably they are supplying the masters.
Sorry, I didn't mean to say they're licensing directly from Tartan, but that they're getting a lot of former Tartan titles, so presumably the masters would be the same, but who knows.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:08 PM   #474
Power Member

Nov 2010
Navan/Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishomac View Post
Guys what’s the issue with amazon, any update ?
Amazon have Oldboy 4 Disc Limited Edition listed as September 23rd that is the wrong release date
Amazon UK emails get sent auto when estimated delivery date in your order listed has passed but not shipped yet
Amazon don't have stock yet as it not released until October 7th

Arrow will be shipping stock to retailers for October 7th release date as that is the date they provided retailers as the release date.

Oldboy both 4 Disc Limited Edition and 2 Disc Amaray releases
Release date is October 7th for retailers

Amazon forgot to update website listing for the Oldboy 4 Disc limited edition but did update website for Oldboy 2 disc amaray release.

All retailers was informed on September 6th that the release changed to October 7th

This why Zavvi/HMV/Base have release date listed as October 7th for the 4 Disc Limited Edition and the 2 Disc Amaray releases

Amazon just need to correct the release date on their website for the 4 disc limited edition to October 7th and this will auto create new estimated delivery date on customers orders

I have told Amazon 3 times already this week to correct the release date for the 4 Disc Limited Edition to October 7th but they still not done it yet

Last edited by paulboland; 09-29-2019 at 04:29 PM.
Thanks given by:
nishomac (09-29-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 04:44 PM   #475

Aug 2019
Zagreb, Croatia

Quote:
PS: I hope this means Arrow will pick up further Korean films of this sort in the near future. I'd especially love Park's own film Joint Security Area, as well as Kim's A Bittersweet Life and A Tale of Two Sisters, and maybe even Bong's Memories of Murder and Snowpiercer!
I'm not really a Bong fan, and certainly not a Snowpiercer fan, but I'd like to see Arrow bring over the rest, together with Im's The Housemaid. Also, not exactly a film of the same type, but Lee's Oasis would be lovely, and I'd LOVE to get a good Blu-ray version of the other Kim's Time, since it's one of my favourites.

If a good UK version is not announced soon, I'll just grab Budblu's release of A Bittersweet Life. It's pretty expensive to import, but it looks like an amazing package.

Old 09-29-2019, 04:45 PM   #476
Expert Member

Nov 2010
Harrow, United Kingdom

Thanks, there is hope then for pre ordered customers
Thanks given by:
paulboland (09-29-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 05:07 PM   #477
Power Member

Nov 2010
Navan/Ireland

I have sent a direct message to Arrow Video to get Amazon UK to correct the release date on their website for the limited edition

Amazon not listening to customers telling them they have wrong release date just the usual we will pass on the message to relevant department

Either that message is not been passed on or the relevant department is just not bothering to correct it on the website.

Hopefully Arrow contacting amazon will get it corrected.
Thanks given by:
nishomac (09-29-2019), Ste7en (09-29-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 05:16 PM   #478

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutger Lundgren View Post
I'm not really a Bong fan, and certainly not a Snowpiercer fan, but I'd like to see Arrow bring over the rest, together with Im's The Housemaid. Also, not exactly a film of the same type, but Lee's Oasis would be lovely, and I'd LOVE to get a good Blu-ray version of the other Kim's Time, since it's one of my favourites.

If a good UK version is not announced soon, I'll just grab Budblu's release of A Bittersweet Life. It's pretty expensive to import, but it looks like an amazing package.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CDNpQ2M_V-E" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
There's so much diversity in the Korean cinema but it's always the same type of movies (basically dark thrillers) that get a recognition in Europe. I'd really love to see at least an Amaray release in the UK for such gems as Castaway on the Moon, Miracle in Cell #7, The Grand Heist, Spring Summer Winter and Spring, Take Care of my Cat, As One, Saving My Hubby, Barking Dogs Never Bite...

Although those movies might be more appropriate for Eureka or Curzon.
Thanks given by:
latehong (09-30-2019), professorwho (09-30-2019), Rutger Lundgren (09-29-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 05:23 PM   #479
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2019
United Kingdom

[Show spoiler]
Quote:
As much as I like the new artwork for The Vengeance Trilogy set, I don't exactly hate the Oldboy LE artwork and actually appreciate the efforts to make something different with that design. I don't think I own a hardcover slipbox edition that splits in half like that, and it has an 100-page booklet and poster, not to mention being £5 cheaper. I don't think the discs are in the right order (shouldn't the Oldboy discs be in the other case?) but I may swap them around.

By comparison, I probably would've got The Ring Collection LE on pre-order if it was a little cheaper (£30 would've been more sensible) but ended up getting the steelbook (with a slim booklet) and later got the standard edition of The Ring Collection from eBay for cheap (just under £20). That was a clear case of the original film being superior though, so I only really wanted the discs for the other two films. I like all three of The Vengeance Trilogy films, and Lady Vengeance is actually my favourite.

I actually have this pre-ordered from HMV, Base and Amazon so will be cancelling at least one of those orders. I might keep two though just in case one of them arrives damaged (I've nearly been screwed over in the past).

Didn't somebody already confirm David Mackenzie encoded these discs? That would certainly mean these are the best discs currently available for each film...until they eventually remaster Lady Vengeance and Sympathy for Mr Vengeance of course.

Tartans release of A Tale of Two Sisters is perfectly fine but itís such an incredible movie that Iíd happily double dip. Seriously one of the best blind buys of my life and only £6 at FOPP. An arrow release with lots of extras...day 1.
Old 09-29-2019, 05:54 PM   #480
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2013
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by private_joker View Post
Has anybody actually had their copy from Amazon? It's not actually due out until the 7th, maybe Amazon haven't received their stock yet. It has had a mixed up release date. I've contacted Arrow to see if Amazon have had their lot.

I have not received my order yet. Nor have I received the email that others have been getting pertaining to stock. My order on Amazon does not show dispatched yet. But, they say Wednesday as the day I should expect to receive it. I'm thinking probably not. So, still waiting like everyone else. Hopefully Amazon will update their info soon so things will be clarified for all. But, if for some reason I do receive it this upcoming week then I will let everyone know.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland