Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Akira 4K (Blu-ray)
$43.49

Bill & Ted Face the Music (Blu-ray)
$19.99
14 hrs ago
Paranoia Agent (Blu-ray)
$43.49

The Godfather Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$23.22
10 hrs ago
Mad Max 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.49

The Living Dead at Manchester Morgue (Blu-ray)
$59.99
11 hrs ago
Paranoia Agent (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Columbia Classics Collection: Volume 1 4K (Blu-ray)
$101.63

The Herschell Gordon Lewis Feast (Blu-ray)
$89.99

Weathering with You (Blu-ray)
$18.93
7 hrs ago
Dragon Ball Z: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$43.49

Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$32.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 07-29-2011, 01:36 PM   #21
Blu-ray Prince

Feb 2010
Illinois

That sucks, but at least it's getting released at all!

I'm beginning to believe that they are not even going to bother putting out Human Target Season 2. It's bad enough they cancelled the show. Then I was worried they wouldn't release S2 on blu. Now this long with no announcement I don't think it's being released even on DVD
Old 07-31-2011, 02:56 PM   #22

Dec 2010

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

white collar is an amazing show! and the first season blu ray release is beautiful!
defo deserves a bd release for season 2
Old 11-28-2011, 12:21 AM   #23

Dec 2010

Can we ever expect Season 2 to be released on Blu-ray? what if the audience massively jumps?
Old 11-28-2011, 12:24 AM   #24
Banned

Feb 2010
St. Paul Minnesota

I just want 24: Redemption and the rest of "Masters of Horror".
Old 10-11-2012, 06:18 AM   #25
Special Member

Jun 2012
Pennsylvania, USA
Send a message via Skype™ to ImStylinOnYaBro

stunned season 1 was on blu tbh...was massively dissapointed when i saw the other 2 seasons that have been released aren't
Old 10-09-2019, 01:42 AM   #26

May 2019
The Epicenter of the Universe
Send a message via Skype™ to FourEyes

I know this thread is from 2012 and hasn't received any new posts since then, but I think some new developments warrant a new post on this thread.

I really think a lot of the issues with sales were because:
A) It was still during the SD-to-HD transition period where a lot of folks were still using sub-1080p TVs, and cable/satellite companies were still making the transition to HD
B) DVD players upscaled 480p video up to 720p, and most folks where happy with that - which I think will change in the near future (or has already) now that we're in the HD-to-UHD transition period
C) Netflix had White Collar for years, and before that, most folks would catch it on cable/satellite and/or have their DVRs record it.
D) Blu-Ray players were originally very expensive (i.e. $1,000) and didn't become remotely popular or common until prices came down toward the very end of 2009.
E) The first season was released during the Great Recession, during which most folks weren't going to spend $400 on a player.

Due to the following conditions, I think Blu-Ray sales could be better in the future:
A) Everyone has upgraded to full-HD TVs and many are looking at upgrading to 4K in the near- future - since DVDs don’t upscale to 4K nearly as well as Blu-Rays
B) Netflix and other as well as other streaming services, has dropped White Collar either in favor of more recent content or in their current seeming trend towards their own originals and away from other content. Not to mention, some content owners are starting their own streaming services, which will eventually lead to a situation many consumers would likely prefer to avoid - the return of the $200/month TV service bill.
C) Blu-Ray players have come down in price, to the point where one can be purchased on sale for $40. 4K Blu-Ray players still cost $250, but can sometimes be found on sale for $150-$180.
D) Playstations starting with Playstation 3 and Xboxes starting with Xbox One can play Blu-Rays, giving a Blu-Ray player to many who may not have otherwise purchased one due to price.

I think a lot of folks who might be interested in buying White Collar on Blu-Ray were likely holding out until now because they could previously get it in HD on Netflix and cable/satellite.

Though, I think the best way for Fox to ensure that enough copies would be sold to justify production before actually beginning said production would be to host a pre-order with a deadline on its own site where they clearly specify that production is tentative and based on sales - possibly even specifying the required number of sales (and if we’re lucky, the current number of sales) – and that if the requisite number of sales is not reached by the deadline (i.e. 6 months from start), then money will be refunded.

Better yet, they could even have an option where you could have them hang onto your money just in case enough people do eventually sign on.

Even better than that, they could have “radio buttons” (programming term) which allow you to specify how much you’d be willing to pay, perhaps even indicating your level of interest based on each price point.

The beauty of a pre-order is that it allows people to “put their money where their mouth is” instead of just signing a petition or otherwise expressing interest some other way. I’ve been down the petition route before, and I know from experience that it doesn’t work. Pre-orders are really the only way. I would recommend using MassDrop, but it seems like some companies might not want to get involved in that sort of thing, and Massdrop only handles sales of products that already exist.

A pre-order would show Fox that people want it badly enough to fork over the money in advance for a product that doesn’t yet exist. Plus, it also makes it easier on the buyers, since it means their purchase is already made, so they won’t have to go make the purchase when they eventually find out the show has been released on Blu-Ray, which would have the side-benefit of letting Fox keep up with demand instead of ending production before everyone can get their copy/set.

Last edited by FourEyes; 04-08-2020 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-01-2020, 06:34 PM   #27

May 2019
Default Hope!

There's still hope! On Twitter, Jeff Eastin said they might do another season and/or movie.

https://twitter.com/jeffeastin/statu...59317302956032

Last edited by FourEyes; 05-01-2020 at 07:19 PM.
Thanks given by:
AmishParadise (05-02-2020)
Old 05-01-2020, 07:34 PM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourEyes View Post
A pre-order would show Fox that people want it badly enough to fork over the money in advance for a product that doesn’t yet exist. Plus, it also makes it easier on the buyers, since it means their purchase is already made, so they won’t have to go make the purchase when they eventually find out the show has been released on Blu-Ray, which would have the side-benefit of letting Fox keep up with demand instead of ending production before everyone can get their copy/set.
Obviously this ain't happening

White Collar Digital is HD

Bones Mentalist The Americans Burn Notice I bought all of these Digital HD
I'm fine with that. Bones half the series was in bluray. Americans Burn Notice and Mentalist only Season 1 bluray. Also the Closer no bluray release ever.

Just bought Rizzoli and Isles complete series HD. Looks great.

I'm really happy the studios are putting out these series and the movies that never got bluray releases available in HD Digital.

Xena on digital SD looks awful. The DVDs are only slightly better. It's amazing Gilligan's Island in Digital HD but not Xena and I guess Buffy was F'd up in the HD conversion. Que Sera Sera.
Old 05-01-2020, 08:04 PM   #29

May 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50strat54 View Post
Obviously this ain't happening

White Collar Digital is HD

Bones Mentalist The Americans Burn Notice I bought all of these Digital HD
I'm fine with that. Bones half the series was in bluray. Americans Burn Notice and Mentalist only Season 1 bluray. Also the Closer no bluray release ever.

Just bought Rizzoli and Isles complete series HD. Looks great.

I'm really happy the studios are putting out these series and the movies that never got bluray releases available in HD Digital.

Xena on digital SD looks awful. The DVDs are only slightly better. It's amazing Gilligan's Island in Digital HD but not Xena and I guess Buffy was F'd up in the HD conversion. Que Sera Sera.
Yeah, I know, we're in the HD-to-UHD transition. But BD still looks better than streaming and gives you permanent ownership without tethering you to any company's devices.But Fox could always ask Amazon to tally up the sales of the season 1 BD set and then send out a survey asking if people are still interested in a BD set.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:04 PM   #30
Special Member

Dec 2015
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
That sucks, but at least it's getting released at all!
I believe it's streaming in HD, so a DVD release is worthless.

I really enjoyed this show and would buy a Blu-ray Complete Series release immediately.

But otherwise, no Blu-ray, no sale.
Thanks given by:
AmishParadise (05-02-2020)
Old 05-02-2020, 01:03 AM   #31

May 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon K View Post
I believe it's streaming in HD, so a DVD release is worthless.

I really enjoyed this show and would buy a Blu-ray Complete Series release immediately.

But otherwise, no Blu-ray, no sale.
I'm with you 80%. I'm really holding out for the Blu-Ray, but if this new revival doesn't result in a Blu-Ray release of the whole series, I might just break down and buy the DVD set. Streaming is nice, but unreliable in the sense that you never know when your streaming service of choice might drop a show you like. And yeah, there's iTunes, but that locks you into Apple's ecosystem and I've really been trying to get out. In fact, when my 2nd-generation Apple TV was getting too slow for Netflix a couple years ago, I replaced it with a Roku so I wouldn't be tempted to keep using iTunes.
Old 05-02-2020, 01:35 AM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Central Florida

I'm watching this TV series for the first time. Working my way through Season 3 right now. Really enjoying it. That being said, I will be watching the entire series on Blu-ray. Purchased the series off iTunes for $20 when it was on sale, then downloading the episodes authoring each season to a BD50. (Screenshots of the Blu-ray title selection menus I worked up shown below.)

Watching this at 150" diagonal. Video quality is excellent, comparable to the original HD broadcasts I'd imagine. No complaints at all. And yes, if this were ever offered on Blu-ray I'd pre-order day one. In the interim my homebrew Blu-ray's more than get the job done. Apple ecosystem? No thank you. The only ecosystem my movies and TV shows live in is a Blu-ray player.

White Collar: The Complete First Season

White Collar: The Complete Second Season

White Collar: The Complete Third Season

White Collar: The Complete Fourth Season

White Collar: The Complete Fifth Season

White Collar: The Complete Sixth Season
Old 05-02-2020, 02:15 PM   #33
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourEyes View Post
I'm with you 80%. I'm really holding out for the Blu-Ray, but if this new revival doesn't result in a Blu-Ray release of the whole series, I might just break down and buy the DVD set. Streaming is nice, but unreliable in the sense that you never know when your streaming service of choice might drop a show you like. And yeah, there's iTunes, but that locks you into Apple's ecosystem and I've really been trying to get out. In fact, when my 2nd-generation Apple TV was getting too slow for Netflix a couple years ago, I replaced it with a Roku so I wouldn't be tempted to keep using iTunes.
I hate to say this but I bought all of the seasons of White Collar on DVD for between $1 and $2 per season at a used record store.

They always blowout the TV shows, they just don't sell well so they offer low and sell low. I bought Friends complete on DVD for $1 per season, same with Sopranos complete and Buffy complete.
Old 05-04-2020, 05:46 AM   #34

May 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by 50strat54 View Post
I hate to say this but I bought all of the seasons of White Collar on DVD for between $1 and $2 per season at a used record store.

They always blowout the TV shows, they just don't sell well so they offer low and sell low. I bought Friends complete on DVD for $1 per season, same with Sopranos complete and Buffy complete.
Yeah, DVDs are kinda going by the wayside. But Iím not talking about a DVD release. Thereís already been one, and Iíd really prefer Blu-Ray.

Blu-Ray is very different from DVD because it has more pixels, more colors, and better sound. Itís 2x higher resolution than DVD, which is especially important since weíre transitioning over to 4K displays. Why else would shows that are on Netflix - like The Flash, Arrow, and Legends of Tomorrow - be released on Blu-Ray?

And yes, most people stream, but thereís still a market for Blu-Rays. Why else do stores even sell Blu-Ray players anymore? And 4K Blu-Ray players? And Blu-Rays? And 4K Blu-Rays? How do stores like FYE stay open? Because thereís a market for physical media, especially Blu-Rays.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America