Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
13 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99
 
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Superman: The Movie 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
 
The Good Place: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$50.31
 
Unforgiven 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
 
Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
 
Orphen: Complete Collection SD (Blu-ray)
$10.99
 
A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Sonic the Hedgehog (Blu-ray)
$22.99
 
Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2019, 07:46 PM   #66161
Zygmunt22 Zygmunt22 is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2019
Default

That being said...The Amityville Horror Trilogy set is also now listed as "Not Available" on Shout's site. :-(
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:53 PM   #66162
BarnDoor BarnDoor is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
BarnDoor's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
12
3560
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zygmunt22 View Post
That being said...The Amityville Horror Trilogy set is also now listed as "Not Available" on Shout's site. :-(
I do wonder if they might do restorations of at least the first two films, and release steelbooks, either separate ones or a new trilogy set. I'd be surprised if they let them go entirely.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Zygmunt22 (10-09-2019)
Old 10-09-2019, 07:58 PM   #66163
Mikezilla3k Mikezilla3k is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Mikezilla3k's Avatar
 
Feb 2019
Richmond, CA
103
200
14
5
Default

Why are so many of their titles going OOP?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:06 PM   #66164
Zygmunt22 Zygmunt22 is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2019
Default

The more I think about it...the more I wonder if these titles aren't just going to be re-released by Scream in new editions...steelbooks or Collector's Editions with new scans. In the past, Shout/Scream always gave a heads up on titles they were losing due to rights issues...the Golden Harvest library, Vincent Price Volume 1, and even the first edition of Lifeforce because it had that one bonus feature. But perhaps the reason they're silent now is because they know these will be re-released and they don't want to be crucified by their fanbase for hyping discontinued product they know they'll be bringing back out on the market. It just kind of strains the imagination that they relicensed Ninja III...but not Invaders from Mars or the Amityville films. It seems more likely that, as they are selling out of these at their site, they list them as "Not Available", discontinue them...and then maybe make plans for a new edition. Maybe not with all these titles...after all, Incredible Melting Man has had a lot of mileage on it...but for several of them, I can see more units to be sold.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Luke Dodge748 (10-09-2019), True_Story1011 (10-12-2019)
Old 10-09-2019, 08:14 PM   #66165
FForFake FForFake is offline
Active Member
 
FForFake's Avatar
 
Sep 2016
Louisville, KY
42
584
61
60
Default

Disturbing Behavior is also gone, apologies if I missed it earlier in the thread. They're dropping like flies!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:16 PM   #66166
crikan crikan is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
crikan's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
-
-
-
-
Default

More than just about any of their competitors, Shout's library consists of titles I'd feel pretty confident would get re-released. That is, as long psychical media doesn't truly die out soon. 80's horror well be the last viable genre in the waning days of physical media. But even Shout's non-horror titles tend to be well known genre films that are popular with enthusiasts.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:18 PM   #66167
NeMo_ET NeMo_ET is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
NeMo_ET's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Canada
38
1392
94
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zygmunt22 View Post
That being said...The Amityville Horror Trilogy set is also now listed as "Not Available" on Shout's site. :-(
That was one of my first Shout purchases (along with about 15 other titles). Definitely glad I bought it but if Shout doesn't end up re-releasing it I'm sure someone else will.

Thanks to the couple people that replied to my previous post in support of the movie Dolls. Going to look at it more closely now. Not much of a special features watcher but I'm more curious now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:19 PM   #66168
ProfondoRosso ProfondoRosso is offline
Senior Member
 
ProfondoRosso's Avatar
 
May 2019
19
Default

There’s a seller on Amazon with the AMITYVILLE box for only $15! I just nabbed one.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
fnvmaster (10-09-2019)
Old 10-09-2019, 08:21 PM   #66169
Kwyjibo Kwyjibo is offline
Junior Member
 
Kwyjibo's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
-
-
-
Default

Hey Scream/Shout fans. Here to help you out knowing what MGM titles are OOP or going OOP soon, so get them while you can. Just so you don't freak out, Shout and MGM still have a strong relationship. However, as it's been noted in previous posts, licensing periods for films end, and if the sales aren't strong enough to warrant licensing them again, they go out of print. So get them where you can before you have to pay exorbitant prices for them!

Scream Factory
The Amityville Horror Trilogy
Blacula / Scream Blacula Scream
Carrie (2002) / Rage: Carrie 2
Dead Of Winter
Destroyer / Edge Of Sanity
Disturbing Behavior
Empire Of The Ants / Jaws Of Satan
The Food Of The Gods / Frogs
The Garbage Pail Kids Movie (Collector's Edition)
Ghost Town
Ghoulies / Ghoulies II
Howling II: Your Sister Is A Werewolf
I, Madman
The Incredible Melting Man
Invaders From Mars
Leviathan
New Year's Evil
Robot Jox
Scarecrows
Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers (Collector's Edition)
Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland (Collector's Edition)
Stigmata
Swamp Thing
Tentacles / Reptilicus
Troll / Troll 2
Vampire's Kiss / High Spirits
The Vincent Price Collection II
Without Warning

Shout Factory
Bagdad Cafe (DVD)
Breathless
Day Of The Outlaw (DVD)
Doc (DVD)
Easy Money / Men At Work
Escape From Grizzly Mountain (DVD)
Hackers (20th Anniversary Edition)
The Hills Run Red / Apache (DVD)
The Pope Of Greenwich Village / Desperate Hours
Science Fiction Theatre: The Complete Series (DVD)
The Sure Thing (30th Anniversary)
War Films Triple Feature (Attack / Attack On The Iron Coast / Beach Red) (DVD)
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
1234567? (10-20-2019), A.O. (10-13-2019), AutomaticDriver (10-10-2019), bruce holecheck (10-09-2019), Dailyan (10-10-2019), deltatauhobbit (10-09-2019), fnvmaster (10-09-2019), konfuzed (10-11-2019), Lacrimosa (10-09-2019), lilboyblu (10-09-2019), Mark E. Desade (10-09-2019), MassiveMovieBuff (10-09-2019), Mikezilla3k (10-09-2019), moviegeek1992 (10-13-2019), Mr. Thomsen (10-10-2019), NeMo_ET (10-10-2019), neoz (10-09-2019), originalHDphantom (10-10-2019), redrunner97 (10-12-2019), reputation (10-11-2019), Rzzzz (10-09-2019), SpaceBlackKnight (10-10-2019), spawningblue (10-11-2019), StarDestroyer52 (10-09-2019), starman15317 (10-14-2019), steev210 (10-09-2019), TheBoss062 (10-21-2019), Torrente (10-13-2019), TripleHBK (10-09-2019), TwiStedByDeSign86 (10-10-2019), zbinks (10-09-2019), Zygmunt22 (10-09-2019)
Old 10-09-2019, 08:22 PM   #66170
Catastrophe Catastrophe is offline
Special Member
 
Catastrophe's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
Vancouver, BC, Canada
3
604
Default

It really does look like it's something with MGM based on all the titles that have gone OOP recently.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:23 PM   #66171
Michael24 Michael24 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Michael24's Avatar
 
Nov 2009
California
331
223
2
Default

I've been wanting The Amityville Horror but don't care for the box set because I only want the first movie. I know Scream has what looks like some nice bonus features but is there any difference in PQ between Scream's disc and MGM's own or is it the same transfer?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:28 PM   #66172
FForFake FForFake is offline
Active Member
 
FForFake's Avatar
 
Sep 2016
Louisville, KY
42
584
61
60
Default

Ghoulies double feature now gone as well!
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
BarnDoor (10-09-2019)
Old 10-09-2019, 08:29 PM   #66173
BarnDoor BarnDoor is online now
Blu-ray Knight
 
BarnDoor's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
12
3560
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwyjibo View Post
Hey Scream/Shout fans. Here to help you out knowing what MGM titles are OOP or going OOP soon, so get them while you can. Just so you don't freak out, Shout and MGM still have a strong relationship. However, as it's been noted in previous posts, licensing periods for films end, and if the sales aren't strong enough to warrant licensing them again, they go out of print. So get them where you can before you have to pay exorbitant prices for them!

Scream Factory
The Amityville Horror Trilogy
Blacula / Scream Blacula Scream
Carrie (2002) / Rage: Carrie 2
Dead Of Winter
Destroyer / Edge Of Sanity
Disturbing Behavior
Empire Of The Ants / Jaws Of Satan
The Food Of The Gods / Frogs
The Garbage Pail Kids Movie (Collector's Edition)
Ghost Town
Ghoulies / Ghoulies II
Howling II: Your Sister Is A Werewolf
I, Madman
The Incredible Melting Man
Invaders From Mars
Leviathan
New Year's Evil
Robot Jox
Scarecrows
Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers (Collector's Edition)
Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland (Collector's Edition)
Stigmata
Swamp Thing
Tentacles / Reptilicus
Troll / Troll 2
Vampire's Kiss / High Spirits
The Vincent Price Collection II
Without Warning

Shout Factory
Bagdad Cafe (DVD)
Breathless
Day Of The Outlaw (DVD)
Doc (DVD)
Easy Money / Men At Work
Escape From Grizzly Mountain (DVD)
Hackers (20th Anniversary Edition)
The Hills Run Red / Apache (DVD)
The Pope Of Greenwich Village / Desperate Hours
Science Fiction Theatre: The Complete Series (DVD)
The Sure Thing (30th Anniversary)
War Films Triple Feature (Attack / Attack On The Iron Coast / Beach Red) (DVD)
Do you happen to know if this is it for some time, or if more will go OOP in the near future?

Only positive here is seeing Attack and The Hills Run Red going back to MGM, hopefully Kino can grab those.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:35 PM   #66174
Cinema84 Cinema84 is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Jun 2012
167
3443
665
108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnDoor View Post
I do wonder if they might do restorations of at least the first two films, and release steelbooks, either separate ones or a new trilogy set. I'd be surprised if they let them go entirely.
The first Amityville could certainly use a fresh remaster. Considering the film spawned a bunch of sequels, is fairly popular and people seem to eat up anything supernatural, chances are good a remaster will happen.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:35 PM   #66175
MassiveMovieBuff MassiveMovieBuff is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
MassiveMovieBuff's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
High up in the KAB lighthouse in Spivey Point
12
910
21
1
Default

Man that's a lot of titles going OOP. Guess I better pick up the Amityville trilogy here pretty soon. I only really want part 2 though but I wouldn't mind owning part 1 as well. Who knows if remasters will come out too though. Ugh!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:36 PM   #66176
Kwyjibo Kwyjibo is offline
Junior Member
 
Kwyjibo's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
-
-
-
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnDoor View Post
Do you happen to know if this is it for some time, or if more will go OOP in the near future?

Only positive here is seeing Attack and The Hills Run Red going back to MGM, hopefully Kino can grab those.
There will be more and I'll share what I can when, and if, I can. I don't want to jump the gun and give false information as we're actively trying to renew.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
BarnDoor (10-09-2019), FelixFlankin (10-09-2019), FForFake (10-10-2019), Hedji (10-09-2019), Lacrimosa (10-09-2019), Mr. Thomsen (10-10-2019), NeMo_ET (10-10-2019), Rasmith83 (10-09-2019), Rzzzz (10-09-2019), Spooked (10-09-2019), StarDestroyer52 (10-09-2019), TripleHBK (10-09-2019), TwiStedByDeSign86 (10-09-2019), u2popmofo (10-09-2019), zw94 (10-10-2019)
Old 10-09-2019, 08:42 PM   #66177
zeze zeze is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
zeze's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
228
5702
28
253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwyjibo View Post
Hey Scream/Shout fans. Here to help you out knowing what MGM titles are OOP or going OOP soon, so get them while you can. Just so you don't freak out, Shout and MGM still have a strong relationship. However, as it's been noted in previous posts, licensing periods for films end, and if the sales aren't strong enough to warrant licensing them again, they go out of print. So get them where you can before you have to pay exorbitant prices for them!

Scream Factory
The Amityville Horror Trilogy
Blacula / Scream Blacula Scream
Carrie (2002) / Rage: Carrie 2
Dead Of Winter
Destroyer / Edge Of Sanity
Disturbing Behavior
Empire Of The Ants / Jaws Of Satan
The Food Of The Gods / Frogs
The Garbage Pail Kids Movie (Collector's Edition)
Ghost Town
Ghoulies / Ghoulies II
Howling II: Your Sister Is A Werewolf
I, Madman
The Incredible Melting Man
Invaders From Mars
Leviathan
New Year's Evil
Robot Jox
Scarecrows
Sleepaway Camp II: Unhappy Campers (Collector's Edition)
Sleepaway Camp III: Teenage Wasteland (Collector's Edition)
Stigmata
Swamp Thing
Tentacles / Reptilicus
Troll / Troll 2
Vampire's Kiss / High Spirits
The Vincent Price Collection II
Without Warning

Shout Factory
Bagdad Cafe (DVD)
Breathless
Day Of The Outlaw (DVD)
Doc (DVD)
Easy Money / Men At Work
Escape From Grizzly Mountain (DVD)
Hackers (20th Anniversary Edition)
The Hills Run Red / Apache (DVD)
The Pope Of Greenwich Village / Desperate Hours
Science Fiction Theatre: The Complete Series (DVD)
The Sure Thing (30th Anniversary)
War Films Triple Feature (Attack / Attack On The Iron Coast / Beach Red) (DVD)
Thanks for the list. Will have to get Dead of Winter and Garbage Pail Kids asap. Already own everything else.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
TripleHBK (10-09-2019)
Old 10-09-2019, 08:56 PM   #66178
Zygmunt22 Zygmunt22 is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwyjibo View Post
There will be more and I'll share what I can when, and if, I can. I don't want to jump the gun and give false information as we're actively trying to renew.
Please excuse my ignorance as I'm newer here and I'm sure others here already know this answer, but...to ask the obvious...I assume you are a Shout employee?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:58 PM   #66179
davidthenikonuser davidthenikonuser is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
davidthenikonuser's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
39
1078
374
24
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikezilla3k View Post
Why are so many of their titles going OOP?
Could be they are not selling good anymore, so why keep them in print. That is what Kino is doing now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 08:59 PM   #66180
Cinema84 Cinema84 is online now
Blu-ray Prince
 
Jun 2012
167
3443
665
108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zygmunt22 View Post
Please excuse my ignorance as I'm newer here and I'm sure others here already know this answer, but...to ask the obvious...I assume you are a Shout employee?
I've been here since 2012 and this is the first time I've seen this member.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Tags
horror, scream factory, shout factory

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:20 PM.