Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$89.99
7 hrs ago
Twin Peaks: The Television Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.99
7 hrs ago
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Galaxy Quest (Blu-ray)
$9.99
17 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$31.46

Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Hellboy (Blu-ray)
$5.00

Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Terminator: Dark Fate (Blu-ray)
$17.91
6 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Old 11-19-2019, 07:14 AM   #4221
Power Member

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioG280 View Post
Anyone get an extra Vampires Kiss to sell please hit me up.
Same here with Invaders from Mars and Vampires Kiss. I won't even ask about a restock because we know that's not happening with OOP titles.
Thanks given by:
GoldenWheels (11-19-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 10:02 AM   #4222

Feb 2018
Default I'm clearly out of it

Wow. You guys make me feel like a loser. I've never heard of some of the movies everyone is excited about. You already know what they are and that they are great deals on OOP movies and snap them up before I remember to look. Some are totally gone so I can't even make notes how much Invaders from Mars or Vampire's Kiss/High Spirits would have cost. Nobody has listed the individual prices (I guess it's a secret for those in the know).

I had to look up Invaders from Mars on Amazon to see what it was. When I saw John Dykstra and Stin Winston worked on it, it sounded interesting. I wonder how I've never heard a word about it nor even seen a cover of it in the 30+ years since it was made. I guess I'm just out of it or don't hang with the right crowd. I don't know the statistics but I think there must be several movies released every day for the last few decades so it's impossible for me to keep up with them all. I don't know how everyone else does it.

I did watch Vampire's Kiss on Vudu a while ago and this is what I wrote in my notes (so I don't accidentally rewatch movies after I've forgotten them): "incredibly silly story about a guy who thinks he's a vampire after a one-night stand bites him (even though there are no signs in the movie he actually is a vampire), only enjoyment and fun in movie is watching Nicolas Cage overact and be hyper like a madman (he even buys plastic vampire teeth and sleeps under his couch like a coffin), he lets himself be killed with a wooden stake in the end, not worth buying nor watching again".

That last part reminds me I didn't like it enough to want to buy it. I must be the only person who felt that way. I liked High Spirits a bit better and might've bought it for that if it were still available. I forgot about this sale going live so early and was watching expiring streaming movies.

Breathless with Richard Gere I still haven't seen. It just never made it to the top of my queue, especially since I'm not a big fan of him. The Pope of Greenwich Village and Desperate Hours I marked in my notes as so-so movies that would be "worth owning if cheap enough", but I think I'll pass at $9.95 for both. Clearly the rest of you are way out of my lowly league in your love, devotion, knowledge, and willingness to pay for these movies. It's sort of like when I look at an Olive or Hammer sale and think to myself I've never heard of any of these movies before. Everyone else seems to be flipping out over them at $10-$30 a pop. Clearly I'm out of touch.

I remember thinking The Sure Thing was OK, but it's not something I care that much about. I have the DVD for $3 from Walmart. I can't bring myself to pay $9.95 for the Bluray, even if it's OOP. The DVD will have to do if I ever feel like seeing it.

I found nothing interesting this round. Hopefully next month will be better for me.

Last edited by Baguda; 11-19-2019 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-19-2019, 10:47 AM   #4223
Special Member

Dec 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baguda View Post
[Show spoiler]Wow. You guys make me feel like a loser. I've never heard of some of the movies everyone is excited about. You already know what they are and that they are great deals on OOP movies and snap them up before I remember to look. Some are totally gone so I can't even make notes how much Invaders from Mars or Vampire's Kiss/High Spirits would have cost. Nobody has listed the individual prices (I guess it's a secret for those in the know).

I had to look up Invaders from Mars on Amazon to see what it was. When I saw John Dykstra and Stin Winston worked on it, it sounded interesting. I wonder how I've never heard a word about it nor even seen a cover of it in the 30+ years since it was made. I guess I'm just out of it or don't hang with the right crowd. I don't know the statistics but I think there must be several movies released every day for the last few decades so it's impossible for me to keep up with them all. I don't know how everyone else does it.

I did watch Vampire's Kiss on Vudu a while ago and this is what I wrote in my notes (so I don't accidentally rewatch movies after I've forgotten them): "incredibly silly story about a guy who thinks he's a vampire after a one-night stand bites him (even though there are no signs in the movie he actually is a vampire), only enjoyment and fun in movie is watching Nicolas Cage overact and be hyper like a madman (he even buys plastic vampire teeth and sleeps under his couch like a coffin), he lets himself be killed with a wooden stake in the end, not worth buying nor watching again".

That last part reminds me I didn't like it enough to want to buy it. I must be the only person who felt that way. I liked High Spirits a bit better and might've bought it for that if it were still available. I forgot about this sale going live so early and was watching expiring streaming movies.

Breathless with Richard Gere I still haven't seen. It just never made it to the top of my queue, especially since I'm not a big fan of him. The Pope of Greenwich Village and Desperate Hours I marked in my notes as so-so movies that would be "worth owning if cheap enough", but I think I'll pass at $9.95 for both. Clearly the rest of you are way out of my lowly league in your love, devotion, knowledge, and willingness to pay for these movies. It's sort of like when I look at an Olive or Hammer sale and think to myself I've never heard of any of these movies before. Everyone else seems to be flipping out over them at $10-$30 a pop. Clearly I'm out of touch.

I remember thinking The Sure Thing was OK, but it's not something I care that much about. I have the DVD for $3 from Walmart. I can't bring myself to pay $9.95 for the Bluray, even if it's OOP. The DVD will have to do if I ever feel like seeing it.

I found nothing interesting this round. Hopefully next month will be better for me.
Vampireís Kiss / High Spirits was $14.95 according to my order receipt. I didnít buy Invaders From Mars because I already had it but I think it might have been $9.95
Thanks given by:
Baguda (11-19-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 10:52 AM   #4224
Special Member

May 2013

I couldn't get Invaders From Mars in time and was in my cart for $14.95.
Thanks given by:
Baguda (11-19-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 01:30 PM   #4225
Expert Member

Dec 2010
Suburban Minneapolis

Picked up:
Stigmata
Scarecrows
New Year's Evil &
The Sure Thing

I'm not sure how I didn't pick these up a long time ago, but I'm glad for the chance to fix that error now at reasonable prices!

I wasn't quick enough for Invaders From Mars, though, so I guess I'll have to import it. Unless somebody has a spare copy, in which case please let me know.

Last edited by ol_Dut; 11-19-2019 at 01:43 PM.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:44 PM   #4226

Jan 2012

I will ALWAYS grab the OOP goodies when I see them, and I will NEVER put ridiculous secondary market values on them.

I'm really sorry about Vampire's Kiss....there was less than 60 to start. I have to say...didn't expect that one to be hot!!!
Thanks given by:
Abdrewes (11-20-2019), AlisonTroy (11-19-2019), blacktrinary (11-19-2019), Blizzard (11-19-2019), Clark Kent (11-20-2019), Crispy Noodle (11-19-2019), deltatauhobbit (11-19-2019), drak b (11-19-2019), Echoes Beta (11-19-2019), flat_earth7 (11-19-2019), HanaBi (11-19-2019), HenryHill (11-19-2019), jmb1381 (11-19-2019), Matt C. (11-20-2019), movieben1138 (11-19-2019), noirjunkie (11-19-2019), patnovak4hire (11-19-2019), redrunner97 (11-19-2019), reputation (11-19-2019), sml_mndz (11-19-2019), solovoyager (11-19-2019), Stanis (11-19-2019), Stormyyy (11-19-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 02:26 PM   #4227
Special Member

Dec 2017

Me right now furiously checking my email for a shipment email while also hoping nothing gets cancelled on this fine morning

Thanks given by:
drak b (11-19-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 02:28 PM   #4228

Feb 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by reputation View Post
Vampire’s Kiss / High Spirits was $14.95 according to my order receipt. I didn’t buy Invaders From Mars because I already had it but I think it might have been $9.95
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacktrinary View Post
I couldn't get Invaders From Mars in time and was in my cart for $14.95.
Thanks for letting me know both were $14.95. If I had seen those in stock at those prices, I probably would've passed because (1) I've never seen Invaders from Mars (though I want to now) and (2) I'm usually someone who doesn't like paying over $6 per movie unless it's a special favorite (which none of these are). For the collectors who like these movies and knew they were OOP, I guess $14.95 is a good deal.

Sadly Invaders from Mars doesn't appear to be on Prime, Netflix or any free with ads streaming services. I still don't know how this one flew under my radar for 30+ years. The reason I saw Vampire's Kiss was solely because I like Nic Cage (in spite of his acting sometimes) and it was free on Vudu. I don't like Richard Gere (which is why I've never seen Breathless) for a reason I can't put my finger on, but I like and own some of his other movies (like Runaway Bride) not because of him but in spite of him.
Old 11-19-2019, 02:30 PM   #4229
Expert Member

Dec 2010
Suburban Minneapolis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenWheels View Post

I'm really sorry about Vampire's Kiss....there was less than 60 to start. I have to say...didn't expect that one to be hot!!!
People do love them some over-the-too Nick Cage!
Old 11-19-2019, 03:03 PM   #4230
Blu-ray Ninja

Mar 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baguda View Post

That last part reminds me I didn't like it enough to want to buy it.
The two things that make me really want the disc are the "alphabet" scene and the fact that Cage actually did a commentary where he apparently talks a lot about his process as an actor.
Thanks given by:
SonictheHedgehog1337 (11-19-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 03:08 PM   #4231

Jan 2012

I don't quite understand the pricing (although I am not complaining!) Some two-fers, like Blacula/ Scream Blacula Scream are $14.95, but others, like The Food of the Gods/ Frogs, are $9.95. Is that based on the amount on hand, or a Scream price sheet for discounts or. . . ?

I'm grateful that GW got us one final round of Scream discs, thank you. Gaps in my collection are filled now.

I generally enjoy Nic Cage, but Vampire's Kiss is an exception. High Spirits is fun, but I don't love it enough to own it.
Old 11-19-2019, 04:07 PM   #4232

Jul 2013

My biggest Hamilton order yet!

-Carrie DF
-Empire of the Ants/Jaws of Satan
-Ghoulies DF
-New Year's Evil
-Scarecrows
-Stigmata

Everything besides Scarecrows is a blind buy, but I can't help myself with these OOP screams. Thankfully I already have Vampires Kiss and Invaders from Mars. Fingers crossed these all ship!
Old 11-19-2019, 04:14 PM   #4233

Jul 2014
United States

The Sure Thing was the only OOP Shout I was missing. Glad to get it! Kudos to those who got some of the others that were missing in your collection and a big "screw you" to anyone who is a scalper depriving people of reasonably priced movies they want to own.

I was also glad to get Dangerous Men at a reasonable price. That looks like a lot of stupid fun.
Thanks given by:
Blu-Dre (11-19-2019), SonictheHedgehog1337 (11-19-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 04:24 PM   #4234
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2014
Maine, USA

Quote:
I will ALWAYS grab the OOP goodies when I see them, and I will NEVER put ridiculous secondary market values on them.

I know everyone is clamoring about Vampire's Kiss but I got it for High Spirits haha. Although, I do love me some Nic Cage being crazy Cage so I just consider it a bonus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reputation View Post
Me right now furiously checking my email for a shipment email while also hoping nothing gets cancelled on this fine morning

[Show spoiler]

Haha, so far only one title has sold out since I put my order in but I feel that way about high demand titles on Hamilton too. Time to see if their inventory tracking has gotten better . Fortunately, the main title I wanted, the Blacula double feature, is still in stock today so that bodes well.
Thanks given by:
Stalker101 (11-20-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 05:16 PM   #4235
Blu-ray Baron

May 2011
Parts Unknown - because I blabbed about Mars!
-
-

Quote:

Now I'm worried mine won't ship.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:18 PM   #4236

Jun 2010
Dallas/Fort Worth

I do hope there's enough of The Sure Thing to go around. Seems like a few of us in here ordered it.
Old 11-19-2019, 05:24 PM   #4237
Power Member

Mar 2014

I think the wisest thing Shout could ever do is make most of their titles go OOP, so they will finally sell.....
Thanks given by:
Cyberman1138 (11-19-2019), etimh (11-19-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 05:56 PM   #4238
Power Member

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillieMLF View Post
I think the wisest thing Shout could ever do is make most of their titles go OOP, so they will finally sell.....
Old 11-19-2019, 06:04 PM   #4239

Feb 2017

To those worrying about what they buy shipping....

If you ordered it in stock, shouldn't you be Ok? Don't sites have a way to automatically shut off ordering when posted stock amount is depleted? Unless someone counted wrong I guess...
Old 11-19-2019, 06:08 PM   #4240
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2009
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKiller View Post
To those worrying about what they buy shipping....

If you ordered it in stock, shouldn't you be Ok? Don't sites have a way to automatically shut off ordering when posted stock amount is depleted? Unless someone counted wrong I guess...
Normally yes, but several of us have had items ordered that showed in stock but not shipped and later cancelled. Not a common occurrence, but it does happen.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals