Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Arrow: A Journey's End (Blu-ray)
$5.99
19 hrs ago
The Gentlemen 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
3 hrs ago
Tom & Jerry: Golden Collection, Volume One (Blu-ray)
$21.49
8 hrs ago
3-D Rarities Volume II (Blu-ray)
$34.99
 
Alastair Sim's School for Laughter: 4 Classic Comedies (Blu-ray)
$46.49
 
Ponyo (Blu-ray)
$21.49
3 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95
 
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99
 
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Dodsworth (Blu-ray)
$17.99
5 hrs ago
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49
 
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > LCD TVs


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2019, 11:24 PM   #41
boringperson boringperson is offline
Banned
 
May 2019
12
137
12
29
Default

I recently bought the 55" model. The PQ is beautiful. If you can afford this TV, I highly recommend it.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Rhettroactive (11-24-2019), Scarriere (10-26-2019)
Old 11-06-2019, 03:51 PM   #42
Anthony_b Anthony_b is offline
Member
 
Dec 2007
Default

I picked up the 75 inch - beautiful display (paired with a panny ub820)
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
jmy2469 (11-06-2019), Rhettroactive (11-24-2019), Robert Zohn (11-07-2019), Scarriere (12-09-2019)
Old 11-06-2019, 05:47 PM   #43
jmy2469 jmy2469 is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2007
Palm Harbor, FL
Default

My 3rd 940D is now bad, banding again! This one was a refurb from Sony. I contacted them and they are replacing it with a brand new 950G. It will be here next week. Can't wait to get this all set up.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Robert Zohn (11-07-2019)
Old 12-03-2019, 06:07 PM   #44
JohnCarpenterLives JohnCarpenterLives is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
JohnCarpenterLives's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
30
746
410
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmy2469 View Post
My 3rd 940D is now bad, banding again! This one was a refurb from Sony. I contacted them and they are replacing it with a brand new 950G. It will be here next week. Can't wait to get this all set up.
That's a hell of an upgrade! Did you have any extended warranty purchase, or something?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 06:11 PM   #45
jmy2469 jmy2469 is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2007
Palm Harbor, FL
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnCarpenterLives View Post
That's a hell of an upgrade! Did you have any extended warranty purchase, or something?
On my last replacement, the refurbished set, there was a 2 year warranty through Sony. Their customer support has always been absolutely fantastic.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
JohnCarpenterLives (12-03-2019), Scarriere (12-09-2019)
Old 12-03-2019, 06:15 PM   #46
jmy2469 jmy2469 is offline
Active Member
 
Mar 2007
Palm Harbor, FL
Default Android 9 Pie Software Update

Sony is rolling out the Android 9 Pie software update. I checked my set this morning, not available here yet. You can get all the info here. https://www.sony.com/electronics/sup...icles/00231372
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
JohnCarpenterLives (12-03-2019), kurtis21 (12-03-2019), Robert Zohn (12-03-2019)
Old 12-03-2019, 10:26 PM   #47
Ssj3 Goku Ssj3 Goku is offline
Active Member
 
Ssj3 Goku's Avatar
 
May 2017
new jersey
88
623
30
18
Smile

I recently bought the 65 inch from pc richards last month. Besides a little blooming in hdr contents this tv is close to perfect in terms of picture quality and i dont regret my purchase at all.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (12-09-2019)
Old 12-29-2019, 05:51 PM   #48
Xenonas Xenonas is offline
Active Member
 
Xenonas's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Lithuania, Kaunas
1
112
1
Default

Bought a 65" a little over a week ago and so far I'm really happy with it as it is obviously a massive upgrade over my 40" LCD Samsung from 2010. Are there any recommended settings for video calibration out there?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 07:26 PM   #49
Fred Bang Fred Bang is offline
Senior Member
 
Fred Bang's Avatar
 
Jun 2009
105
105
11
Default

I owned the x900E 55" for two years and upgraded to the x950G 65" and I absolutely love it and feel it,s a good step up from the x900e. The first thing I noticed is how much brighter it is. The 4 inputs also support HDR as opposed to only 2 and 3 on the x900e. Finally, the TV speakers are MUCH better. It also does Dolby Vision, although honestly I was never able to see the difference with HDR10.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 02:31 PM   #50
Scarriere Scarriere is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Scarriere's Avatar
 
Sep 2008
Ex-Pat of The Diamond Capital of North America™
40
69
630
20
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenonas View Post
Bought a 65" a little over a week ago and so far I'm really happy with it as it is obviously a massive upgrade over my 40" LCD Samsung from 2010. Are there any recommended settings for video calibration out there?
I'm using the settings from rtings.com until the Spears & Musil disc is finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Bang View Post
I owned the x900E 55" for two years and upgraded to the x950G 65" and I absolutely love it and feel it,s a good step up from the x900e. The first thing I noticed is how much brighter it is. The 4 inputs also support HDR as opposed to only 2 and 3 on the x900e. Finally, the TV speakers are MUCH better. It also does Dolby Vision, although honestly I was never able to see the difference with HDR10.
I have the 900E in my bedroom and love that tv!
I haven't tried Dolby Vision yet. I don't have a 4K disc player yet, but do have the ATV 4K. Maybe later I'll buy something to watch with DV.

I'm loving this tv so far!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > LCD TVs

Tags
65x950g, 75x950g, 85x950g, sony x950g series tvs, value electronics

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:22 AM.