Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
G.I. Joe: Retaliation 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
The Final Countdown 4K (Blu-ray)
$47.99
1 hr ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

Do the Right Thing 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Blade 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Nobody 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.99

Spaceballs 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.49
1 day ago
Tenet 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

300 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Ip Man: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 12-27-2020, 11:06 PM   #14061
Retailer Insider

Nov 2009
Scarsdale, NY

The video you posted two up from this one was shot in my store by Shane of SpareChange and Brian of Whisper Status74.

The video is an interviewed/evaluation narrated by our calibrator, John and myself.
Old 12-27-2020, 11:11 PM   #14062
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRings View Post
Some 4K Blu-ray players will do a better job @ converting 4K UHD to standard HD, like 4K Panasonic players for instance.

* 720p TVs you can't buy anymore today; even 1080p TVs are very rare, and 3D TVs are all but gone. TV grocery shopping stores carry 4K HDR TVs today (95%), and some cost less than a 1080p Oppo Blu-ray player, and 4K too.

If stimulus money is coming use some of it for a new 4K HDR TV to match your 4K HDR Blu-ray player. That would be a sweet upgrade to your 720p display. And go HDR size as big as you can afford. Investing in home entertainment in the year 2021 is a better and safer investment than say a cruise ship romance, or a plane ticket to a month vacation in France, or Italy, or Germany, or UK, or ...

Have a safe holiday time, @ home watching the best 2020 HDR 4K Blu-ray discs ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mD2t...ature=youtu.be
So there should be no difference at all between the PQ on a HDX Blu-Ray played on a regular HD player and a 4K disc on a 4k player?...positive or negative?

I should also mention that I have a 32 inch tv in my bedroom, where I watch 95% of my movies. I have sensitive eyes and a bigger screen is too much for them, given the size of the room.

Is 4K still a significant improvement on a relatively smaller tv?
Old 12-27-2020, 11:14 PM   #14063
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Ray, I forgot; you can add more brightness and contrast to your 720p TV settings for the input using your 4K player. And in the player use the setting that is the brightest for HDR>SDR conversion.
That way it will appear less dark and washed out.

But 4K players were made for 4K HDR TVs. With your 720p display the regular 1080p Blu-ray disc will look better than the 4K one.
Thanks given by:
Ray Jackson (12-27-2020)
Old 12-27-2020, 11:16 PM   #14064
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Zohn View Post
The video you posted two up from this one was shot in my store by Shane of SpareChange and Brian of Whisper Status74.

The video is an interviewed/evaluation narrated by our calibrator, John and myself.
I watched most of it; I enjoyed it. You guys make a good team.

Last edited by LordoftheRings; 12-27-2020 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 12-27-2020, 11:21 PM   #14065
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGo View Post
I watched Wonder Woman 1984 (IMAX 4K) last night on my Sony TV (HDR10) from HBO Max. I thought the picture quality and sound quality was very good. Gal Gadot was great as usual. Overall I enjoyed the movie, but it need a few more action sequences.
How long it has been released? I didn't know that; I've got to do something to remedy that immediately. Good to hear.
Old 12-27-2020, 11:33 PM   #14066
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Uncle Bob's House of Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penton-Man View Post
when the time comes, give us a sober (that means non-alcoholic ingestion while watching it) assessment of this movie - https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...d#post18437710

doing well so far - https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/news_of_the_world
I don't click the cryptic links. Say it in the post.

Quote:
Wabs, I red your whimsical reply to me on the ĎEveryone critiques Vincent Teoh Threadí, so, for the record, I pay off my credit card charges every month, carrying over no owed balance . Plus, you should see my monthly cc statement back in the day which included the 005 which was the first commercially available consumer display to use LED backlighting -

of which I eventually received delivery after some production delays -

for, on a cost/inch basis, it was way more expensive than the 006, considering it be a 46 incher and cost $14,999.99 and that didnít include the wall mount (SUXWQ005) for another $799.99
Lol. I'm sure that 005 was paid in cash by the loose change in your couch.

Quote:
where's Wabo?, chat rooom?
I ask that every morning.
Old 12-27-2020, 11:35 PM   #14067
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2013
The dark underbelly of Anytown, USA

Quote:
Ray, I forgot; you can add more brightness and contrast to your 720p TV settings for the input using your 4K player. And in the player use the setting that is the brightest for HDR>SDR conversion.
That way it will appear less dark and washed out.

But 4K players were made for 4K HDR TVs. With your 720p display the regular 1080p Blu-ray disc will look better than the 4K one.
Great information...thank you.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

I should also mention that I have a 32 inch tv in my bedroom, where I watch 95% of my movies. I have sensitive eyes and a bigger screen is too much for them, given the size of the room.

Is 4K still a significant improvement on a relatively small tv?
Old 12-27-2020, 11:46 PM   #14068
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jackson View Post
So there should be no difference at all between the PQ on a HDX Blu-Ray played on a regular HD player and a 4K disc on a 4k player?...positive or negative?
I have zero experience with HDX; so I can't 'pronounce' ...

Quote:
I bet today a 32" 4K HDR UHDTV you can buy for roughly what your 4K Blu-ray player cost you.

Quote:
Is 4K still a significant improvement on a relatively smaller tv?
I don't have experience but from the experts, bigger is better.
* About a 42" HDR TV for you in 2021? Start saving now; it's the perfect time.
Just make sure you have enough for food and housing. Gas? The less you use the better the planet and its people on it.
Thanks given by:
Ray Jackson (12-27-2020)
Old 12-28-2020, 02:07 AM   #14069
Special Member

Sep 2015
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Jackson View Post
ďI should also mention that I have a 32 inch tv in my bedroom, where I watch 95% of my movies. I have sensitive eyes and a bigger screen is too much for them, given the size of the room.

Is 4K still a significant improvement on a relatively small tv?
Ē
I think most experts say you need at least a 50" to see the benefits of 4K, but I have a Sony 43" XBR43X800H that looks amazingly good to me and I'm very happy with it.
Thanks given by:
Ray Jackson (12-28-2020)
Old 12-28-2020, 03:52 AM   #14070
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Here's another list of ten best 2020 HDR flicks on 4K Blu ... Picture & Sound

* My personal opinion: If a film doesn't massage my intellectuel emotions and romantic heart, it doesn't matter how fabulous the sound and picture...with scores of 100.
If the film is great, then yes I appreciate the technical HDR aspect and music composition that went through. ...Visual and sound effects. That's all.
Old 12-28-2020, 07:07 AM   #14071
Retired Hollywood Insider

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
I don't click the cryptic links. Say it in the post.
Not cryptic and a simple click to NotW exclusive BTS pics by the camera crew -> https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...d#post18437710
Cripes youíre a lazy one.

Anyway, what about Nobody as in the red band trailer posted on the last page? Wabs, whatís your pleasure - blackjack, switchblade, hand guns?....flamethrowers like cuz Eddie? Is that your cup of tea? Iím trying to get a handle as to what movie fare you enjoy between sips of cognac other than with zombie alien sharks and ninjas with laser beams. Nobody will be in HDR, if you got a hankering for that. Bob shares his feelings as above .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Lol. I'm sure that 005 was paid in cash by the loose change in your couch.
Iím afraid to look under the cushions on any of our sectionals as I donít think the maids clean under them. I hide all my loose change in a camouflaged hole on the bank out back under that tree -> https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...k#post18192410. Come to think of it, I think Amir may have also bought an 005 back in the day. Stacey would know.
Old 12-28-2020, 07:13 AM   #14072

Apr 2007

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...s#post18465824
^ -> For completeness I should mention there is at least one post shop (and likely more) that goes balls out and uses the 55Ē Flanders Scientific OLED monitor as a client display as it has an HDR mode for PQ and HLG. These monitors go for around $10-11,000. That my friends, is loose change under Wabs couch cushions.
Thanks given by:
mrtickleuk (12-29-2020)
Old 12-28-2020, 04:52 PM   #14073

Apr 2007

Quote:
Whatís with all the Brits and their sexual innuendos recently? Sheesh, first it was Vincent and now itís the reviewer above. Is this a side effect of the pandemic or peoplesí natural state of mind across the pond?
Old 12-28-2020, 04:56 PM   #14074

Apr 2007

DDH, are they hacking on you over there in the VT chat room? Ne t'inquiŤte pas. Here, copy this to all your friends in France not yet introduced to the topic -

Thanks given by:
DanBa (12-28-2020), DDH (12-28-2020)
Old 12-28-2020, 06:29 PM   #14075

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Zohn View Post
I think I remember John. Couple years back, 2018?, wasn’t he the one out of your retail store that in addition to calibration duties also offered good diverse public service to videophiles wrt the topic of - https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...p#post16745561
I think you’ve got a keeper there Robert.
Old 12-28-2020, 06:44 PM   #14076
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2006

Quote:
Whatís with all the Brits and their sexual innuendos recently? Sheesh, first it was Vincent and now itís the reviewer above. Is this a side effect of the pandemic or peoplesí natural state of mind across the pond?
Perhaps lack of soccer and people kicking balls?
Old 12-28-2020, 07:51 PM   #14077
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
You're talking about the country that brought the world the Carry On films. There's no mystery here, we've always loved a good double entendre. Or even a bad one.
Thanks given by:
mrtickleuk (12-29-2020)
Old 12-28-2020, 08:58 PM   #14078

Oct 2007

Quote:
Apparently you haven't seen any benny hill shows from a long time ago
Old 12-28-2020, 11:08 PM   #14079
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫
Universal Studios

Quote:
What’s with all the Brits and their sexual innuendos recently? Sheesh, first it was Vincent and now it’s the reviewer above. Is this a side effect of the pandemic or peoples’ natural state of mind across the pond?
Because you have a good sense of humor ... HDR trailer (F9)

Old 12-28-2020, 11:18 PM   #14080
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Quote:
DDH, are they hacking on you over there in the VT chat room? Ne t'inquiŤte pas. Here, copy this to all your friends in France not yet introduced to the topic -

Replay du webinar 'Pourquoi produire en HDR Dolby Vision ?' - YouTube
And your French is impeccable.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology