Best 4K Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99
1 day ago
Animal House 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96
16 hrs ago
Space Jam 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99

Top Gun 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
4 hrs ago
Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$42.99

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49

The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$73.43

Nobody 4K (Blu-ray)
$30.99

Saw 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.99
1 day ago
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

My Fair Lady 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 02-23-2021, 01:56 AM   #14501
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫
Default News of the World / 4K HDR

▪︎https://www.newsoftheworldfilm.com/ondemand/

Old 02-23-2021, 03:09 PM   #14502
Power Member

Nov 2013

It was only a matter of time before we saw DLSS make its way into TV and film. In particular, virtual production, where its application can be of great benefit.

Quote:
Taking Virtual Productions to the Next Level

Film, TV and YouTube projects are increasingly using virtual production techniques as studios and artists are under immense pressure to iterate as quickly as possible and keep the cameras rolling.

By adding DLSS to the virtual production pipeline of HYPERBOWL, NSYNK has seen big increases in render performance, nearly doubling frame rates even with real-time ray-tracing effects, a previously impossible combination. DLSS also provided a cleaner and more stable image compared to even full-resolution anti-aliasing techniques.

“DLSS is game-changing, as it improves render results while lowering performance cost. It has become an integral part of our render pipeline,” said Dennis Boleslawski, head of virtual production at HYPERBOWL.

AI is taking visual fidelity in computer graphics to a new level, and spearheading this revolution is NVIDIA Deep Learning Super Sampling technology.

DLSS uses AI to turn lower resolution rendered images into higher resolution ones. It gives users the performance of rendering at lower resolution while maintaining the visual quality of higher resolution.

NVIDIA RTX GPUs feature dedicated AI processors, called Tensor Cores, that enable DLSS to run on rendered images in real time.

The gaming industry quickly adopted DLSS with titles such as Minecraft RTX, Fortnite and Cyberpunk 2077 seeing up to 2x frame-rate boosts from the technology.

Now, the content creation industry is deploying this technology to enhance all kinds of workflows, including virtual production, architectural visualization, animated films, product design, simulations and data generation.

Leading creative developers such as 51 World, Goodbye Kansas Studios, Hyundai Motors, Lucasfilm’s Industrial Light & Magic, Orca Studios and Surreal Film Productions are taking advantage of DLSS to boost performance and realize their creative visions.

Taking Virtual Productions to the Next Level
Film, TV and YouTube projects are increasingly using virtual production techniques as studios and artists are under immense pressure to iterate as quickly as possible and keep the cameras rolling.

By adding DLSS to the virtual production pipeline of HYPERBOWL, NSYNK has seen big increases in render performance, nearly doubling frame rates even with real-time ray-tracing effects, a previously impossible combination. DLSS also provided a cleaner and more stable image compared to even full-resolution anti-aliasing techniques.

“DLSS is game-changing, as it improves render results while lowering performance cost. It has become an integral part of our render pipeline,” said Dennis Boleslawski, head of virtual production at HYPERBOWL.

At Orca Studios, DLSS has also become an essential part of the real-time rendering setup for virtual production. With the high resolution of their LED walls and the ray-tracing-based renders needed for realistic lighting, DLSS is Orca Studios’ go-to render configuration.

“DLSS is a really powerful way in which we’re bringing the more demanding Unreal Engine renders to a high enough performance/noise ratio needed for live virtual production,” said Adrian Pueyo, virtual production supervisor at Orca Studios.
https://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2021/0...e-performance/

With the Unreal Engine being used in film production, and the engine receiving a plugin for DLSS support recently, we'll see even more of this.

For those unaware - Nvidia's DLSS has been a huge game changer in gaming. It's an image upscaling technique that uses deep learning to upscale the image. It's been known to result in better image quality than native resolution + anti-aliasing, while boosting frame rates considerably.
Old 02-23-2021, 03:41 PM   #14503

Oct 2017
Norway

Now it just needs more games to support it, and for some of the games that do support it to fix their visual artifacts.
Old 02-23-2021, 03:44 PM   #14504
Power Member

Nov 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fendergopher View Post
Now it just needs more games to support it, and for some of the games that do support it to fix their visual artifacts.
With it being available within UE now, you'll see a lot more games supporting it. There has already been a lot of momentum behind it.

Most of the annoying artifacts were in DLSS 1.0. DLSS 2.0 is much cleaner, especially if you're playing at a high render resolution in Quality mode. Though I'm sure they will continue improving it.
Old 02-23-2021, 03:55 PM   #14505

Oct 2017
Norway

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownianMotion View Post
With it being available within UE now, you'll see a lot more games supporting it. There has already been a lot of momentum behind it.

Most of the annoying artifacts were in DLSS 1.0. DLSS 2.0 is much cleaner, especially if you're playing at a high render resolution in Quality mode. Though I'm sure they will continue improving it.
I'm explicitly talking about games that use DLSS 2.0 that have minor but noticeable artifacts. 1.0 was terrible in comparison.
Old 02-23-2021, 04:48 PM   #14506
Retired Hollywood Insider

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronboster View Post
Recommend:
b.t.w., your avatar has inspired me to dust off my old Blu-ray of When the Game Stands Tall for watching this Friday night as my wife is on call and she’ll likely invariably be busy –

Thanks given by:
ronboster (02-23-2021)
Old 02-23-2021, 04:50 PM   #14507

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRings View Post
Pretty innovative thinking by the youngin…..putting spare change in shotgun shells.
Old 02-23-2021, 05:07 PM   #14508
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫
Default On 4K UHD HDR Blu-ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penton-Man View Post
I recommend ... very

Old 02-23-2021, 05:10 PM   #14509

Apr 2007

Atención eddievanhalen and Deathieblue - https://www.sgo.es/historias-lamenta...dd6f0&cmid=169

La ciencia solo puede florecer en una atmósfera de libertad de expresión.
Old 02-23-2021, 05:17 PM   #14510
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Quote:
Pretty innovative thinking by the youngin…..putting spare change in shotgun shells.
Some info ...
https://www.thecinemaholic.com/is-ne...-a-true-story/

Spare Change (Shane) is also the username of a YouTube pro video reviewer (audio/video gear and 4K HDR Blu-ray movies). ...On a technical level; emotionless and unbiased.
That's a cool name, isn't it, very.
Old 02-23-2021, 05:23 PM   #14511
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫
Default HdR

Quote:
Atención eddievanhalen and Deathieblue - https://www.sgo.es/historias-lamenta...dd6f0&cmid=169

La ciencia solo puede florecer en una atmósfera de libertad de expresión.
Quote:
"In this virtual meeting presented in Spanish, the creators of the film Lamentable Stories will discuss how to prepare a production for the future and how to design a workflow that prioritizes the integrity of the material and the exchange of image files in a non-destructive way, providing the flexibility to handle any setback ... yes, even a pandemic.

We will learn how different departments adapted, maintaining technical rigor working from home and how they exceeded expectations: mastering in HDR although at first this type of delivery was not even planned."

▪︎ https://acescentral.com/
Old 02-23-2021, 10:55 PM   #14512
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫
USA Short NASA interlude ...

* It was suggested prior that Mars Perseverance Rover 2020 would make a nice wallpaper for your display. That was an awesome suggestion.

I experimented with few (I'm not done yet...I have several displays like everyone else).
This one is now an integral wallpaper of one of my displays, appearing each time I turn it on ...

1036_poster_mars_front_a.jpg

When Maverick is ready to go beyond the earth's atmosphere we'll be talking on a higher level ... all in HDR moving pictures of course.

* Bonus: https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/mission/overview/
Thanks given by:
mrtickleuk (02-24-2021)
Old 02-23-2021, 10:56 PM   #14513

Apr 2007

Quote:
I recommend ...
I recommend, especially for my bud Waboman, the true descriptor for the word, football, released on Netflix today –

Old 02-24-2021, 01:44 AM   #14514
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫
Default Virtual tour, in HDR

Old 02-24-2021, 02:23 PM   #14515
Power Member

Jan 2008

Quote:
"Virtual tour, in HDR"
What device are you using to get this in HDR? I only get it in 4k SDR on mine.
Old 02-24-2021, 05:00 PM   #14516
Blu-ray Baron

Sep 2012
Sweden

Quote:
Worst for me is music-listening walkers or joggers suddenly veering over in front of you when you’re coming up from behind them on a bike on a relatively narrow bike trail despite you giving them a courteous shout-out because they can’t hear you. Some are embarrassed when realizing they almost caused a collision, but a fair share show no remorse but rather a sense of entitlement.

b.t.w. as I note your location, follow-up to a post I made last Friday night -
We found (viewing on a fairly large sized TV, the first Swedish Netflix Original feature to be INTENSE -

Red Dot | Official Trailer | Netflix - YouTube
That's exactly the kind of thing I was talking about. I mean, it was a bus in my case, but it could also be a car, a bike, anything. In rare situations it could be an aggressive animal or person with malicious intent approaching/stalking you. Whether you're just annoying someone or potentially getting into danger, it's always good to be on your guard. Again, headphones, phones, etc. cause accidents all the time, so there's a case to be made for avoiding such distractions when you're out and about.

I haven't seen Red Dot, so can't say much about it. I do have access to Netflix, so may check it out.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:53 PM   #14517
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by puddy77 View Post
"Virtual tour, in HDR"
What device are you using to get this in HDR? I only get it in 4k SDR on mine.
Ah, I thought it was in HDR, looks awesome anyway...Dolby Vision or not.
https://www.gadgetsnow.com/tech-news...w/81134186.cms

* I'm casting from a Samsung device...S7.
https://www.phonearena.com/news/YouT...pport_id130244

I wish YouTube would support Dolby Atmos.

I can't wait for Top Gun: Maverick, in HDR
Old 02-24-2021, 07:00 PM   #14518

Apr 2007

Quote:
I’ve been trying to keep up with this Mars imaging event, but way lots of info, e.g.
Perseverance Rover cameras galore - https://mars.nasa.gov/mars2020/space...rover/cameras/

with more camera analysis and FFmpeg video processing for streaming to Earth -
https://link.springer.com/article/10...c-0b03f897bd42

Last edited by Penton-Man; 03-10-2021 at 01:59 AM. Reason: minor mispelling of word
Thanks given by:
LordoftheRings (02-24-2021)
Old 02-24-2021, 07:08 PM   #14519

Apr 2007

A teasing title for a presentation at the upcoming HPA Tech Retreat by a member of Pixelworks’ TrueCut motion grading initiatives team -
‘You're Watching TV but What Are You Really Watching?’

Will be interested in hearing something more as to defined deficiencies with workable solutions.
Old 02-24-2021, 09:00 PM   #14520

Apr 2007

Heads, err ears-up: there is a SMPTE Hollywood Section Meeting scheduled for tomorrow, Thursday, February 25 at 6:00 p.m. PST. Sign up here - https://www.smpte.org/sections/hollywood

It will also be live-streamed on the SMPTE Hollywood Facebook and YouTube pages.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K > Ultra HD Blu-ray and 4K Hardware and Technology