Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Spider-Man: No Way Home 4K (Blu-ray)
$35.95
1 day ago
The Green Planet 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.23
14 hrs ago
The Lost Boys 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99

The Halloween 4K Collection (Blu-ray)
$104.99

Green Lantern: Beware My Power 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Lost Highway 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Where the Crawdads Sing (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Red Dawn 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99

Edge of Tomorrow 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.79

Outlander: Season Six (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Downton Abbey: A New Era (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Downton Abbey: A New Era 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 05-27-2022, 12:46 PM   #601
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2017
Elles Belles, Costa Plonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman Horton View Post
Do you know what Munchausen's Syndrome is??
Yes.

A lot of people jump straight to Munchausen's By Proxy, wherein the someone will cause illness to another so as to play the "hero" and remedy the illness they themselves created, garnering the desired praise and attention by doing so. In an extreme case, a nurse in the UK was infamously convicted of killing three kids and injuring/poisoning others in her care, with MBP behind her actions. Although that's something quite different to garden variety Munchausen's.

At its most basic, Munchausen's is the feigning of illness so as to garner sympathy. Switch "abuse" for illness, and there are number of elements which fit with regard to Heard. BPD (which was brought up in court about her) is tied into Munchausen's, along with such characteristics as the desire to empower themselves by deceiving/confounding or triumphing over authority, along with an inability to control base emotions.

Evidence presented during the trial certainly demonstrated these traits in Heard, including those presented in a top-flight psychoanalyst's devastating assessment of her.

Last edited by CompleteCount; 05-27-2022 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Clarity.
Thanks given by:
Youre My Boy Blu! (05-27-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 06:17 PM   #602
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by CompleteCount View Post
Yes.

A lot of people jump straight to Munchausen's By Proxy, wherein the someone will cause illness to another so as to play the "hero" and remedy the illness they themselves created, garnering the desired praise and attention by doing so. In an extreme case, a nurse in the UK was infamously convicted of killing three kids and injuring/poisoning others in her care, with MBP behind her actions. Although that's something quite different to garden variety Munchausen's.

At its most basic, Munchausen's is the feigning of illness so as to garner sympathy. Switch "abuse" for illness, and there are number of elements which fit. BPD (which was brought up in court about her) is tied into Munchausen's, along with such characteristics as the desire to empower themselves by deceiving/confounding or triumphing over authority, along with an inability to control base emotions.

Evidence presented during the trial certainly demonstrated these traits in Heard, including those presented in a top-flight psychoanalyst's devastating assessment of her.
That nurse sounds more like what they call an "angel of death" to me. I wouldn't think this situation fits because there's no faking of illness. I read a book about a real case. A girl's mother's ultimate goal was to get her perfectly healthy daughter a heart transplant.
Old 05-27-2022, 07:10 PM   #603
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2008
Albany NY

It's in the hands of the jury now, let's hope Johnny is given justice...he should.
Thanks given by:
Dragon78 (05-28-2022), jonmoz (05-27-2022), Youre My Boy Blu! (05-27-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 07:56 PM   #604
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2015
デジタルの世界。

Thanks given by:
Dragon78 (05-28-2022), JDub1 (05-27-2022), KManX89 (05-28-2022), kngtmat (05-27-2022), Leslie Dame (05-27-2022), MegatronG1 (05-31-2022), Underworld54 (05-27-2022), Youre My Boy Blu! (05-27-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 08:24 PM   #605
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
Auburndale Fl

Holy Schnikes Hahahaha.
Old 05-27-2022, 08:38 PM   #606
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2015
デジタルの世界。

Speaks for itself, really.
Thanks given by:
JDub1 (05-27-2022), jonmoz (05-27-2022), KManX89 (05-28-2022), kngtmat (05-27-2022), Leslie Dame (05-28-2022), MegatronG1 (05-31-2022), Underworld54 (05-28-2022), willo007 (05-29-2022), Youre My Boy Blu! (05-27-2022)
Old 05-27-2022, 08:51 PM   #607
Power Member

Jan 2009
Bury U.K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman Horton View Post
Got it. I still hope she continues to make movies because I think she's a good actress.
Do you mean good actress, or good looking actress, I mean quite an easy mistake to make.
Old 05-27-2022, 09:45 PM   #608
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonmoz View Post
Do you mean good actress, or good looking actress, I mean quite an easy mistake to make.
My post doesn't require an answer to this question.
Old 05-27-2022, 10:54 PM   #609
Power Member

Jan 2015
Iowa, The Hawkeye State

I am by no means a big Johnny Depp Fan, I liked him the Pirates movies and Sleepy Hollow, but I feel sorry for what he had to go through with Ambur Turd. They really exposed her for the horrible person she truly is. I wonder if he has actual nightmares about her? Her eyes just creep me out.
Old 05-28-2022, 12:23 AM   #610
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2008
Albany NY

The fact that she swore under oath that she hasn't been smirking and laughing in the courtroom floored me. Millions of people saw it but in her delusional sick twisted mind it never happened. She's a disgrace.
Old 05-28-2022, 12:41 AM   #611
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underworld54 View Post
As a rebuttal witness the defense calls Amber back up to the stand. Not sure why they'd want to parade her up in front of the jury again after yesterday. Let's see if she can squeeze out st least one tear this time.
This aged really well.

Glad they did call her back to the stand because they just got her to hand them their case on a silver platter:

It shouldn't take them long to reach a verdict, it's quite possible they already have and are just deciding on a settlement at this point. I mean, c'm'on, she admitted to everything and gave them everything:
  • Hitting Johnny.
  • Repeatedly taunting Johnny for avoiding fights.
  • Cutting Johnny's finger off.
  • Taunting "no one's gonna believe you because you're a man".
  • Submitting doctored photos into evidence.
  • Fake crying on the stand in which she failed to produce a single tear (I've never seen that before in my life).
  • Stealing movie lines in her opening statement.
  • Taking Johnny's detox meds away in order to break him.
  • Appearing on the James Corden show the night after an alleged brutal assault with no marks anywhere on her face or nose.
  • Supposedly being repeatedly punched in the face with metal rings, face slammed into a wall, etc. with no cuts or swelling.
  • Supposedly being backhanded and leaving a giant splatter on the wall from her lip (that doesn't f*cking happen).
  • Buying her supposed abuser a knife.
  • Plotting to plant fake bruises and have her friends take pictures and document everything (why Elaine thought it was a good idea to play that audio during cross is beyond me).
  • Staging damages with friends after police came and said nothing was damaged.
  • Smirking when Johnny recounts his abuse from her (and when it was played back to her in depo).
  • Stealing her assistant's abuse story.
  • Trying to get the hotel manager to lie for her.
  • Having her GF doctor an IG post date to impeach a witness.
  • Tipping TMZ to have paparazzi take pictures of her fake bruise that was gone the next day.
  • Sending TMZ an edited video.
  • Shitting in Johnny's bed.
  • Stealing Johnny's prenup claim when it doesn't match her version(s) of events at all.
  • Laughing after recording JD angry.
  • Constantly slipping up and contradicting herself on the stand.
  • Faking PTSD symptoms.
  • Being medically-diagnosed with narcissism.
  • Faking rape and DV accusations without anything being documented or seeking treatment with over a dozen witnesses (including her own, oddly enough) contradicting her claims (including police).
  • Taking pictures of Johnny passed out with a bruise kit lying on the floor.
  • And now her admitting to writing the Op-Ed about Johnny because of his influence. What more could you possibly need?

Both malice AND defamation have been proven FAR beyond a reasonable doubt at this point. I get that defamation is hard to prove, but most defamation cases don't have a trail this f*cking large showing intent to harm or the defendant being caught in this many lies with this many witnesses against him/her. If ever there was a slam dunk for a defamation trial, this would be it.

Speaking of which, anyone have anything to contribute to this list?

Last edited by KManX89; 05-28-2022 at 01:26 AM.
Thanks given by:
CompleteCount (05-28-2022), JDub1 (05-28-2022)
Old 05-28-2022, 01:05 AM   #612
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youre My Boy Blu! View Post
... of ruining another person(JD)'s life/career, thus resulting in the loss of millions of dollars for JD and depriving many other millions of people (fans/consumers/critics) from being able to enjoy the accused person (JD)'s art and entertainment in the industry ...
He did a pretty good job of doing that himself.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...-b2083425.html

https://www.illawarramercury.com.au/...antics-on-set/
Old 05-28-2022, 01:24 AM   #613
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012
Auburndale Fl

They will continue on it next week. They got to look over tons of stuff. I heard from a Lawyer on a live stream if they did it soon like today it's bad.
Old 05-28-2022, 01:27 AM   #614
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
Not according to the agent who testified.
Old 05-28-2022, 01:32 AM   #615
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
He did a pretty good job of doing that himself.
"Star is a pain in the arse, shocker!" News at 11.

Generally, they've been doing it since the silver screen was unrolled. Productions work around them in most cases because the results are usually worth it, no, it's not right, but as someone once commentated, "Why are stars' trailers getting bigger and bigger? Because they ask for them and the studios give them to them!"

Behaviour is enabled because of the motion picture hierarchy, stars know they can't do it without them.
Old 05-28-2022, 06:28 AM   #616
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2015

At this point it might be better for Amber if she lost. Pay Depp the money you had pledged to charity and then they can both move on with their lives. I can't see her winning her counter suit but if both suits get zeroed out or we get a hung jury then shes kind of screwed. At that point she looks like she cheated the system and pulled an oj and I don't think people will ever forgive her. If she loses she can probably go back to work eventually and people will forget about this whole thing but if she wins she will be infamous.

Basically I think the court of public opinion will be worse for her if she wins rather then if she loses and the damage will be harder to fix if she wins rather then if she loses currently.
Thanks given by:
jonmoz (05-28-2022)
Old 05-28-2022, 07:37 AM   #617

Oct 2014
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip75 View Post
Generally, they've been doing it since the silver screen was unrolled. Productions work around them in most cases because the results are usually worth it, no, it's not right, but as someone once commentated, "Why are stars' trailers getting bigger and bigger? Because they ask for them and the studios give them to them!"
A story related to Johnny Depp and trailers is that on the POTC sequel, the screenwriters got considered enough to be present on the set, yet, no one thought of setting up an office for them. The problem was the crew was shooting on location on a sunny island under hot temperature.

As they couldn't find a decent place, Johnny allowed them to use his trailer during the day as he was not using it anyway. The writers aknowledged his huge trailer was the best place they've ever worked in.
Thanks given by:
chip75 (05-28-2022), CompleteCount (05-28-2022)
Old 05-28-2022, 04:53 PM   #618
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2017
Elles Belles, Costa Plonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post

Both malice AND defamation have been proven FAR beyond a reasonable doubt at this point.
Malice, defamation and defecation.
Old 05-28-2022, 05:34 PM   #619
Power Member

Jan 2015
Iowa, The Hawkeye State

One thing I have noticed about Depp is that he has tiny little hands. His suit coats always look like they are too long in the sleeves. His shirts and coats almost cover his hands, I wonder if they were meant that way to cover his tiny hands?
Old 05-28-2022, 06:11 PM   #620
Blu-ray Count

Nov 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by veritas View Post
At this point it might be better for Amber if she lost. Pay Depp the money you had pledged to charity and then they can both move on with their lives. I can't see her winning her counter suit but if both suits get zeroed out or we get a hung jury then shes kind of screwed. At that point she looks like she cheated the system and pulled an oj and I don't think people will ever forgive her. If she loses she can probably go back to work eventually and people will forget about this whole thing but if she wins she will be infamous.

Basically I think the court of public opinion will be worse for her if she wins rather then if she loses and the damage will be harder to fix if she wins rather then if she loses currently.
Anything short of a win for Johnny could unfortunately signify his continued cancellation from Hollywood regardless of public opinion. WB knew public opinion wasn’t on Amber’s side when that bought judge ruled in her (or rather, The Sun’s) favor in that farce of a trial (he literally denied Amber’s bed-shitting, called her lying friends more credible than f*cking cops who’s duty is to protect the public, said she couldn’t be a golddigger because of her $7mil pledge that she pocketed from dying, sick kids and other nonsense) and they still let him go. Minimata wasn't (widely) released in the US because of that bought UK verdict, so his career may well hinge on him winning this case.

Luckily I don’t see how any sane jury could rule in her favor after everything that’s publicly come out (the doctored photos alone should be game over for her) and they’re reportedly disgusted with Amber. Good, it’s about time she faced some real repercussions for what she’s done.

Last edited by KManX89; 05-28-2022 at 06:21 PM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Hollywood and Celebrities