Best 4K Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Sony Pictures Classics: 30th Anniversary Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$139.99
21 hrs ago
Kubo and the Two Strings 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
2 hrs ago
The Evil Dead Groovy Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.99
 
Resident Evil: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$47.99
 
Spider-Man: No Way Home 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Columbia Classics Collection: Volume 3 4K (Blu-ray)
$71.49
 
Last Action Hero 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Venom: Let There Be Carnage 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Cloverfield 4K (Blu-ray)
$20.79
2 hrs ago
Gattaca 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
 
Pulp Fiction 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99
1 day ago
The Taking of Pelham One Two Three 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.49
22 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 07-30-2022, 12:56 AM   #41
Labor_Unit001 Labor_Unit001 is offline
Active Member
 
Labor_Unit001's Avatar
 
Feb 2020
86
591
34
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tober27 View Post
So the specs of the UK and US editions are identical?
Yes
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Tober27 (07-30-2022)
Old 08-09-2022, 03:17 PM   #42
Henge86 Henge86 is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2010
2
324
7
4
Default

Now available to order direct from 88
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Sky_Captain (08-09-2022)
Old 08-09-2022, 03:39 PM   #43
MifuneFan MifuneFan is offline
Blu-ray King
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
9
867
69
Default

I wonder if the 8/29 date will stick? The US release appars to have been moved to September 13th, at least according to MVD's site.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 03:51 PM   #44
cooey cooey is offline
Expert Member
 
cooey's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
UK
161
1902
1073
29
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MifuneFan View Post
I wonder if the 8/29 date will stick? The US release appars to have been moved to September 13th, at least according to MVD's site.
Itís now showing as available to order from 88 direct which indicates itís on track for release date and will ship very soon
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2022, 04:13 PM   #45
MifuneFan MifuneFan is offline
Blu-ray King
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
9
867
69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooey View Post
It’s now showing as available to order from 88 direct which indicates it’s on track for release date and will ship very soon
Yeah, that's kind of what I figured. Now I wonder if MVD is mistaken. Other sites have it releasing it in the US on August 30th.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 05:19 PM   #46
cooey cooey is offline
Expert Member
 
cooey's Avatar
 
Jan 2011
UK
161
1902
1073
29
Default

  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Marv Inc. (08-12-2022), NoFro (08-11-2022), professorwho (08-11-2022), Socko (08-11-2022)
Old 08-24-2022, 04:29 PM   #47
westieslovesblu westieslovesblu is offline
Active Member
 
May 2015
Wiltshire
102
127
Default

Oh my mines just been dispatched I can't wait for this beauty to come its my release of the year
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Socko (08-24-2022)
Old 08-25-2022, 07:15 PM   #48
Henge86 Henge86 is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2010
2
324
7
4
Default

Got my copy today only had a chance to watch the opening fight scene and the pq is def the bestvots ever looked and a nice improvement over last years bd release. Got the day off tomorrow and gonna watch the rest
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Socko (08-27-2022), westieslovesblu (08-27-2022)
Old 08-27-2022, 06:26 PM   #49
Marv Inc. Marv Inc. is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Marv Inc.'s Avatar
 
Sep 2012
The British Empire
5
Default

Yeah got mine today from HMV. Kudos to them for taking the bank holiday into account and dispatching them early.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
westieslovesblu (08-27-2022)
Old 08-27-2022, 10:39 PM   #50
westieslovesblu westieslovesblu is offline
Active Member
 
May 2015
Wiltshire
102
127
Default

Oh it's beautiful.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Marv Inc. (08-27-2022), Tober27 (08-28-2022), wesslan (08-29-2022)
Old 08-30-2022, 01:53 AM   #51
SpaceBlackKnight SpaceBlackKnight is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
SpaceBlackKnight's Avatar
 
Jul 2018
25
346
20
Default

Looks like a nice package! From the same restoration as the recent BDs so if those looked good, this will be primo!

Luckily, this thread isn't littered with "so stuff like [insert obscure/cult/B/Z-grade title here] gets 4k but not True Lies or the Abyss" comments.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Killer Meteor (09-02-2022)
Old 08-31-2022, 05:35 PM   #52
minister_x minister_x is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
minister_x's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
Dinas Powys, UK
175
444
293
Default

BDInfo:

Code:
                                                                  Total     Video                                               
Title         Codec     Length    Movie Size      Disc Size       Bitrate   Bitrate   Main Audio Track                          Secondary Audio Track
-----         ------    -------   --------------  --------------  -------   -------   ------------------                        ---------------------
00000.MPLS    HEVC      1:57:50   80,173,084,992  97,200,616,181  90.72     78.74     Dolby Atmos 7.1 3062Kbps (48kHz/24-bit)   DTS-HD Master 5.1 1885Kbps (48kHz/24-bit)
Code:
DISC INFO:

Disc Label:     DRIVE 4K UHD
Disc Size:      97,200,616,181 bytes
Protection:     AACS2
Extras:         Ultra HD
BDInfo:         0.7.5.8-X

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:                   00000.MPLS
Length:                 1:57:50.146 (h:m:s.ms)
Size:                   80,173,084,992 bytes
Total Bitrate:          90.72 Mbps

(*) Indicates included stream hidden by this playlist.

VIDEO:

Codec                   Bitrate             Description     
-----                   -------             -----------     
MPEG-H HEVC Video       78740 kbps          2160p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 @ Level 5.1 @ High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / HDR10 / BT.2020
* MPEG-H HEVC Video     64 kbps (0.08%)     1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 @ Level 5.1 @ High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / Dolby Vision / BT.2020

AUDIO:

Codec                           Language        Bitrate         Description     
-----                           --------        -------         -----------     
Dolby TrueHD/Atmos Audio        English         3062 kbps       7.1 / 48 kHz / 2742 kbps / 24-bit (AC3 Embedded: 5.1-EX / 48 kHz / 320 kbps / DN -31dB)
DTS-HD Master Audio             English         1885 kbps       5.1 / 48 kHz / 1885 kbps / 24-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit)
DTS-HD Master Audio             English         1710 kbps       2.0 / 48 kHz / 1710 kbps / 24-bit (DTS Core: 2.0 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit)
Dolby Digital Audio             English         112 kbps        2.0 / 48 kHz / 112 kbps / DN -30dB

SUBTITLES:

Codec                           Language        Bitrate         Description     
-----                           --------        -------         -----------     
Presentation Graphics           English         32.423 kbps                     
Presentation Graphics           English         0.341 kbps
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
lgans316 (09-04-2022)
Old 08-31-2022, 05:49 PM   #53
chen lung chen lung is offline
Special Member
 
May 2016
-
2
Default

I did the subtitles for both versions of the main feature (many thanks to several others for providing clarifications), but the funny thing is, I won't be able to enjoy the UHD edition at the moment as I haven't the equipment for it. I've been waiting for better technology to make the jump (QD-OLED might be a contender?) because I'm unconvinced by current offerings on the market. I'd like a player that can handle both UHD discs and Blu-ray folders (the latter for testing discs).
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
deathshead1987 (09-08-2022)
Old 09-01-2022, 10:49 PM   #54
DR Herbert West DR Herbert West is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
DR Herbert West's Avatar
 
May 2018
Arkham, MA
7
Default

Caps
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Labor_Unit001 (09-02-2022), ninfan81 (09-07-2022), professorwho (09-01-2022), Socko (09-03-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 02:04 AM   #55
SpaceBlackKnight SpaceBlackKnight is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
SpaceBlackKnight's Avatar
 
Jul 2018
25
346
20
Default

For those curious, the theatrical cut on the UHD is a brand new transfer. Despite being 1080p for whatever reason, it's obviously in OAR as opposed to old 1.78 HD master the previous BD had.

Even the directors cut is not the same 4k restoration as the BD. On UHD the grain/details are more pronounced, color/contrast a lot stronger, and framing is slightly shifted to the right. The UHD of the directors cut also has Filmrise and Overseas Filmgroup logos at the start, which were strangely absent on the DC BD.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
deathshead1987 (09-08-2022), fuzzymctiger (09-05-2022), Jompa (09-03-2022), Labor_Unit001 (09-03-2022)
Old 09-03-2022, 07:57 PM   #56
Mobe1969 Mobe1969 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Mobe1969's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Brisbane, Australia
857
1348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by minister_x View Post
BDInfo:

Code:
                                                                  Total     Video                                               
Title         Codec     Length    Movie Size      Disc Size       Bitrate   Bitrate   Main Audio Track                          Secondary Audio Track
-----         ------    -------   --------------  --------------  -------   -------   ------------------                        ---------------------
00000.MPLS    HEVC      1:57:50   80,173,084,992  97,200,616,181  90.72     78.74     Dolby Atmos 7.1 3062Kbps (48kHz/24-bit)   DTS-HD Master 5.1 1885Kbps (48kHz/24-bit)
Code:
DISC INFO:

Disc Label:     DRIVE 4K UHD
Disc Size:      97,200,616,181 bytes
Protection:     AACS2
Extras:         Ultra HD
BDInfo:         0.7.5.8-X

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name:                   00000.MPLS
Length:                 1:57:50.146 (h:m:s.ms)
Size:                   80,173,084,992 bytes
Total Bitrate:          90.72 Mbps

(*) Indicates included stream hidden by this playlist.

VIDEO:

Codec                   Bitrate             Description     
-----                   -------             -----------     
MPEG-H HEVC Video       78740 kbps          2160p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 @ Level 5.1 @ High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / HDR10 / BT.2020
* MPEG-H HEVC Video     64 kbps (0.08%)     1080p / 23.976 fps / 16:9 / Main 10 @ Level 5.1 @ High / 4:2:0 / 10 bits / Dolby Vision / BT.2020

AUDIO:

Codec                           Language        Bitrate         Description     
-----                           --------        -------         -----------     
Dolby TrueHD/Atmos Audio        English         3062 kbps       7.1 / 48 kHz / 2742 kbps / 24-bit (AC3 Embedded: 5.1-EX / 48 kHz / 320 kbps / DN -31dB)
DTS-HD Master Audio             English         1885 kbps       5.1 / 48 kHz / 1885 kbps / 24-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit)
DTS-HD Master Audio             English         1710 kbps       2.0 / 48 kHz / 1710 kbps / 24-bit (DTS Core: 2.0 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit)
Dolby Digital Audio             English         112 kbps        2.0 / 48 kHz / 112 kbps / DN -30dB

SUBTITLES:

Codec                           Language        Bitrate         Description     
-----                           --------        -------         -----------     
Presentation Graphics           English         32.423 kbps                     
Presentation Graphics           English         0.341 kbps
That has to be some near record for video bitrate.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2022, 08:35 PM   #57
minister_x minister_x is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
minister_x's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
Dinas Powys, UK
175
444
293
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobe1969 View Post
That has to be some near record for video bitrate.
Not sure how 78.74 compares to the video bitrate for other 2.35:1 films, but I've seen 89.65 for BFI's Get Carter (1.85:1 ratio) and 94.82 for Arrow's Tenebrae (Italian Version) (1.85:1 ratio).

Perhaps a fairer comparison would be with Arrow's Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer which is 1.33:1 (similar to 2.35:1 in that ~75% of a 16:9 frame is filled) and that had 93.77 on the pre-corrected disc.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2022, 10:36 AM   #58
lgans316 lgans316 is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
lgans316's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
RM16, United Kingdom
17
388
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by minister_x View Post
Not sure how 78.74 compares to the video bitrate for other 2.35:1 films, but I've seen 89.65 for BFI's Get Carter (1.85:1 ratio) and 94.82 for Arrow's Tenebrae (Italian Version) (1.85:1 ratio).

Perhaps a fairer comparison would be with Arrow's Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer which is 1.33:1 (similar to 2.35:1 in that ~75% of a 16:9 frame is filled) and that had 93.77 on the pre-corrected disc.

And Croods (Universal/ DreamWorks) and King of New York

[]
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
minister_x (09-04-2022)
Old 09-05-2022, 03:16 AM   #59
Mobe1969 Mobe1969 is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Mobe1969's Avatar
 
Jan 2008
Brisbane, Australia
857
1348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by minister_x View Post
Not sure how 78.74 compares to the video bitrate for other 2.35:1 films, but I've seen 89.65 for BFI's Get Carter (1.85:1 ratio) and 94.82 for Arrow's Tenebrae (Italian Version) (1.85:1 ratio).

Perhaps a fairer comparison would be with Arrow's Henry Portrait of a Serial Killer which is 1.33:1 (similar to 2.35:1 in that ~75% of a 16:9 frame is filled) and that had 93.77 on the pre-corrected disc.
Yeah I guess. But wow, there is only a gigabyte spare space on the disc!
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2022, 12:36 PM   #60
Menteith Menteith is offline
Senior Member
 
Menteith's Avatar
 
May 2011
Default

Is the new theatrical cut transfer in 1.85:1 or 2.35:1?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 4K Ultra HD > 4K Blu-ray and 4K Movies > International 4K Blu-ray and 4K Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:15 AM.