Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96

The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.34
22 hrs ago
Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Night Strangler (Blu-ray)
$19.34
10 hrs ago
Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00

A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$24.99
19 hrs ago
Venom 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Crazy Rich Asians (Blu-ray)
$22.99

The House of the Devil (Blu-ray)
$8.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Insider Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 06:13 PM   #2121
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpower1987 View Post
I'll try again, but I don't expect it to be any different. This is why I have been telling my boss it is completely pointless for me to be there, I'm just not forceful enough to deal with zealosness of some of the membership over there.
Maxpower1987,

I know it seems that way.. but your forgetting about the lurkers. It's not all about the clowns with their agendas. Imagine a lurker with an open mind being your audience...the other clowns are in fact a waste of time. Part of their methods are to poison the wells for the long term strategy so their is no conversation or facts available to people other than what they say they are.

The feedback loop sucks but it's not pointless....change your perspective on the goal.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:16 PM   #2122
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2006
Ireland

This is why it is important for mods to protect their insiders.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:17 PM   #2123
Super Moderator

Jul 2006
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Forbes View Post
I've noticed that Mark Rubin seems to be clearing out all of the posts calling bullshit on how Max was treated, but a number of the badgering posts remain.
So much for welcoming back the insiders over there.

That's why I started the thread encouraging people to spread the word about here, to people you pass in the stores, talk to at the shops, in bars, etc., etc.

It was not a thread to congratulate us on the win, it was to congratulate this site on what it has become - reliable and without venom.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:20 PM   #2124

Sep 2007

AVSforum is a joke. Even after the new rules to keep the fanatics in line, it seems like things are back to normal over there.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:20 PM   #2125
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2007
Silicon Valley

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Forbes View Post
What a bunch of clowns.
Unfortunately as the world turns Blu these clowns will problably show up here.

Last edited by coolmilo; 01-08-2008 at 06:23 PM.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:23 PM   #2126

Aug 2007
New England
Red face Apology to Maxpower

Max as a forum member in on both the forums you have recently posted in please accept my apology for the juvenile nature of some posts on the other forum.

I hope once the emotions have settled, civility will once again return.

Thanks for the information, hints, and insight.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:31 PM   #2127

Oct 2007

I love how the mod basically said "no fair kicking the other side while its down"
so now they "moderate" based on "fairness" as opposed to you sharing what knowledge you can from an insider perspective.
its sad, really, but I will say that I was happy to see some blu insiders returning to that thread, it gave me hope that it might go back to what it used to be, which was a good place to learn, but I guess not yet.

Also if you notice some other mod activities the I've seen certain "nuertral mods" out right declare that anything but - see the thread titled "Future of HDM", a mod in the HDM forum supporting alternatives to HDM? a little fi$hy to Me

Old 01-08-2008, 06:32 PM   #2128

Dec 2006

I grow frustrated with the whole thing. I understand that AVS is probably the largest site so they get the majority of the people on there..but the bottom line is they pride themselves on being neutral at face value but it could not be farther from the truth when you get down in it.

I like the environment here.. granted ,I'm a bit of a biased opinion... but at least people treat one another with respect!

Old 01-08-2008, 06:42 PM   #2129
Special Member

Aug 2007
North Potomac, MD

Quote:
I'll try again, but I don't expect it to be any different. This is why I have been telling my boss it is completely pointless for me to be there, I'm just not forceful enough to deal with zealosness of some of the membership over there.
The best way to deal with them is to ignore their comments. Just answer the valid questions. They may throw a temper tantrum but just ignore them. Many times I have asked an HD-DVD guy a question (which I thought was valid ) but their response was to ignore me.

BTW Amir apparently loves to read this thread. He really got ticked off at me for some of my comments about Microsoft and called my posts there as "something done by my evil twin".
He also lashed out at Bill Hunt. I posted a reply that Bill Hunt e-mailed me and told me to post it for him.

Last edited by PaulGo; 01-08-2008 at 06:49 PM.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:47 PM   #2130
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2006
Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulGo View Post
The best way to deal with them is to ignore their comments. Just answer the valid questions. They may throw a temper tantrum but just ignore them. Many times I have asked an HD-DVD guy a question (which I thought was valid ) but their response was to ignore me.
Agreed. Whatever answer you give it will not satisfy them anyway. They hate Sony and Blu Ray so why bother. The mod’s should be doing their job and deleting those posts. They deleted one of mine when someone asked why the assassination of JJ was removed from Amazon and I posted a link to show it was still available.

Reason for deletion: Only insiders to answer in here.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:49 PM   #2131

Nov 2007

I guess AVS hasn't changed much. Over in the Bill Hunt thread. It was posted that Dave Vaughn confirmed on AVS what Bill wrote. And the mods deleted it.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:54 PM   #2132

Sep 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penton-Man View Post
Tosh………
”But you promised you would marry me and it turned out to be a one night stand.”

Software Company……..
“Wam, Bam………Thank You Mam…..It’s been swell but, marry into a family with packaged goods?,…… sorry you got the wrong impression”.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:56 PM   #2133
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2006
Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff® View Post
LOL. Too funny.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #2134

Aug 2007

Just had a meeting with my Universal sales rep and he couldn't comment on what Universal is going to do but he did admit that he has heard (as of yesterday) Paramount is going to switch.

I asked them why Universal doesn't follow Warner immediately and he said it was complicated but they'll go where the business is eventually. It seems maybe the easiest path would be Toshiba just throwing in the towel now instead of forcing the remaining studios to do it for them.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:04 PM   #2135
Blu-ray Insider

Jul 2006
Silicon Valley, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywoodguy View Post
Allow me... Proper insiders, please correct me should I be way off here.

1) Has been and will be GDMX, their own authoring house.
Warner also goes out-of-house for some titles. I talked yesterday with an exec from one of the major production houses, he confirmed they're gearing up for lots of Warner business.

- Talk

Old 01-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #2136

May 2007

Max, try ignoring the trolls and just answer the legitimate questions. It should make things easier. You're not obligated to answer anything....

Sorry this is ot, but...

Could anyone recommend a forum that isn't biased? It's amazing, we're on a blu-ray forum and every other forum out there is biased....

Also, there are a lot of idiots out there and they own both blu-ray and hd dvd.

AVS is the biggest av site out there and it seems to have been a gathering place for fanboys. Hopefully with the end of this war we can get back to discussing the science and art of films. There are some industry insiders there not part of the format war that have some great insights into making movies that we may not normally get to learn about and discuss and aren't the movies why we own blu-ray? Maybe not.... Also, for those of us with dedicated theaters and quality components, I can't think of a better resource out there.

As far as the mods, do you not think they see what is posted here? If you are here bashing them and referring to avs as avms do you really expect them to cut you any slack over there?

For disclosure, I have both formats but have leaned blu. I normally read this forum/thread for the insider q&a and would love to see it get back to that.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:06 PM   #2137
Blu-ray Insider

Jul 2006
Silicon Valley, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penton-Man View Post
About as close as a drunken sailor getting a date with Queen Elizabeth II, while yelling into the window of her carriage as it is passing by in a procession.
I can confirm what Penton-Man writes (not that he needs confirmation). There are many aspects of the Blu-ray specification which are there due to Fox's contributions and expectations, most of which aren't present in HD DVD (BD+ as an example). It's close to unthinkable that they'd go HD DVD as long as Blu-ray is still viable.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:09 PM   #2138
Blu-ray Insider

Jul 2006
Silicon Valley, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by gand41f View Post
At CES, Toshiba's execs were conspicuously missing. For instance, Sony and Panasonic sent their chairmen to give presentations. However, Toshiba did not even have Mr. Fujii, the person who's generally considered the driving force behind HD-DVD. In fact, Japanese news is reporting that Mr. Fujii cancelled his trip.
He actually turned around upon landing at LAX and returned to Japan, where he was greeted at Narita by a throng of reporters (on a Sunday). I wouldn't be surprised if a round of resignations aren't likely soon.

Other CES tidbits:
  • I'm told the Gates keynote was going to be 30% HD DVD related. Some quick editing was certainly required...
  • There are reports that the HD DVD booth was completely redone at the last minute due to the Warner announcement, which might explain why it seems quite unfinished.

- Talk

Old 01-08-2008, 07:10 PM   #2139
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007
::1

Quote:
The others don't have anything to do with other studios switching to Blu, more along the lines of studios switching away from Blu, which obviously didn't happen and therefore activated said clause.
O M G! I could never be a lawyer cause I can't think of all these angles.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:10 PM   #2140
Blu-ray Insider

Jul 2006
Silicon Valley, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esox50 View Post
Yep, I really wish paidgeek could have just popped his head in here Friday night (I know he's really busy though, so it's cool either way) during the celebration. Even if he only said something quick like, "Wooohooo, thanks for your support guys!!!" I feel like one of the guests of honor missed the party!!!
I spent some time with him yesterday, he's certainly pleased (as are we all) by the turn of events and the successful Sony interactivity demo.

Closed Thread
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Insider Discussion