Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Columbia Classics Collection: Volume 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$106.46

The Karate Kid Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Best Picture Essentials (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Underworld: 5-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Scream: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$13.99
14 hrs ago
Reminiscence 4K (Blu-ray)
$23.49
7 hrs ago
Dracula: Dead and Loving It (Blu-ray)
$23.99
16 hrs ago
Don't Breathe 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
1 day ago
The Haunting of Hill House (Blu-ray)
$22.99
11 hrs ago
The Rocky Horror Picture Show (Blu-ray)
$10.00
15 hrs ago
Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$50.50

Jack Ryan: 5-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$35.87

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 07-12-2012, 12:26 AM   #161
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Texas

OMG. I don't know if this has been mentioned already but, I just asked Cliff about the Scream Factory Retro Horror titles coming and if they would possibly have slipcovers, and he said:

So far, all the releases have a slipcover

Old 07-12-2012, 01:47 AM   #162
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluPat View Post
OMG. I don't know if this has been mentioned already but, I just asked Cliff about the Scream Factory Retro Horror titles coming and if they would possibly have slipcovers, and he said:

So far, all the releases have a slipcover

Will this include They Live?
Old 07-12-2012, 01:49 AM   #163
Banned

Nov 2008
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden10 View Post
Will this include They Live?
They Live slip would be amazing!! imagine if they made it a lenticular with the human and alien world moving back and forth when you move and angle the slip
Old 07-12-2012, 03:46 AM   #164
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
New Jersey

Awesome to hear about the slipcovers. In addition, Michael Felscher of Red Shirt Pictures, the company responsible for the special features on the Scream Factory discs, was at a recent convention conducting a Q&A and he mentioned that they have Carpenter's involvement on "They Live". He also went on to mention that they have already shot interviews with him. Although, he declined to be interviewed for "Halloween II" and "III" simply because he didn't direct them. Fair enough but it still would have been interesting to hear his opinions on those two flicks. Felscher admitted that at this time it appears that "Phantasm II" will most likely be the most stacked release as far as features. Interviews, commentaries... the whole nine are apparently planned for that one.
Old 07-12-2012, 04:15 AM   #165
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2008
Texas

He just messaged me back and said the artwork on the slipcovers is the NEW artwork that was commissioned!
Old 07-12-2012, 04:23 AM   #166
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frightener22 View Post
Awesome to hear about the slipcovers. In addition, Michael Felscher of Red Shirt Pictures, the company responsible for the special features on the Scream Factory discs, was at a recent convention conducting a Q&A and he mentioned that they have Carpenter's involvement on "They Live". He also went on to mention that they have already shot interviews with him. Although, he declined to be interviewed for "Halloween II" and "III" simply because he didn't direct them. Fair enough but it still would have been interesting to hear his opinions on those two flicks.
He should have.

Quote:
Felscher admitted that at this time it appears that "Phantasm II" will most likely be the most stacked release as far as features. Interviews, commentaries... the whole nine are apparently planned for that one.
I like that. I like that alot.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:36 AM   #167
Power Member

Sep 2010

Quote:
Awesome to hear about the slipcovers. In addition, Michael Felscher of Red Shirt Pictures, the company responsible for the special features on the Scream Factory discs, was at a recent convention conducting a Q&A and he mentioned that they have Carpenter's involvement on "They Live". He also went on to mention that they have already shot interviews with him. Although, he declined to be interviewed for "Halloween II" and "III" simply because he didn't direct them. Fair enough but it still would have been interesting to hear his opinions on those two flicks. Felscher admitted that at this time it appears that "Phantasm II" will most likely be the most stacked release as far as features. Interviews, commentaries... the whole nine are apparently planned for that one.

I hate waiting.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:15 AM   #168
Special Member

May 2010
In the Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolfoc View Post
They Live slip would be amazing!! imagine if they made it a lenticular with the human and alien world moving back and forth when you move and angle the slip
Fantastic Idea!
That would be AHMAZING!
Only lenticular cover I currently own is my TRON collector's set.
But there's no way they'd spend the extra money on that kind of cover for They Live, even though the idea fits perfectly with the movie.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:20 AM   #169
Banned

Nov 2008
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youre My Boy Blu! View Post
Fantastic Idea!
That would be AHMAZING!
Only lenticular cover I currently own is my TRON collector's set.
But there's no way they'd spend the extra money on that kind of cover for They Live, even though the idea fits perfectly with the movie.
it wouldnt cost all that much, they did it for The Ring, that budget wasn't anything crazy..
Old 07-14-2012, 06:57 PM   #170
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009

Cliff, any possibility of these 70's Universal horror films being given the Scream treatment?

The Legacy
The Car
Sentinel
SSSSSS
Dracula
The Boy Who Cried Werewolf
Old 07-14-2012, 07:01 PM   #171
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post
Cliff, any possibility of these 70's Universal horror films being given the Scream treatment?

The Legacy
The Car
Sentinel
SSSSSS
Dracula
I have a hunch that "The Boy Who Cried Werewolf" could be a real contender for Scream Factory. The fact that it's never seen a home video release just adds to its potential for the line-up. I'm sure we'll get more announcements in regards to there 2013 slate as the fall approaches.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:03 PM   #172
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009

A poster on A/V Maniacs received a Shout Factory catalog and posted this:

Quote:
I also noticed in the catalog that the Scream Factory titles don't go beyond THEY LIVE and PHANTASM II in November. There seems to be NO Scream Factory releases for December, which means DEADLY BLESSING and the double feature THE ISLAND/ DEATH VALLEY are 2013 releases, perhaps, January.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:31 PM   #173
Banned

Aug 2011
Thumbs up

Im guessing the releases are spread out because they are a small company, but the good thing is , their releases are worth the wait. And Id rather they take their time to do it right
Old 07-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #174
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
PA

Could be they didn't have their schedule ready in time for the catalog to be printed, didn't want to plan too much just in case they got behind, etc. ...or maybe more titles won't be out until next year.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:51 PM   #175
Blu-ray Archduke

Jun 2012
NJ

Up until recently I thought of slipcovers as pointless, mainly because they featured the same artwork as the case and still had that ugly blue band across the top. But the slipcover for Olive's Invasion of the Body Snatchers Blu, while still featuring the same artwork as the case, has made me think that maybe there is something good about the slips after all. Olive's slip looks cool because it's ALL artwork, no blurbs, banners or other crap taking up space. I wish Shout would use the original art on the slipcovers instead of the case. The alternate art is nice but the original art is almost always better. Just my two cents.
Old 07-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #176
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
US of A

Quote:
Originally Posted by cine74 View Post
up until recently i thought of slipcovers as pointless, mainly because they featured the same artwork as the case and still had that ugly blue band across the top. But the slipcover for olive's invasion of the body snatchers blu, while still featuring the same artwork as the case, has made me think that maybe there is something good about the slips after all. Olive's slip looks cool because it's all artwork, no blurbs, banners or other crap taking up space. i wish shout would use the original art on the slipcovers instead of the case. The alternate art is nice but the original art is almost always better. Just my two cents.
+1
Old 07-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #177
Power Member

Jan 2011
DC Metro

You can always reverse the sleeve on the disc, so the slip and the cover will be different...it makes sense that they would want their unique art to be more prominent as it helps give the Shout/Scream brand more of an identity. I happen to love all the new art, and am thrilled the sleeve is reversible.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:48 PM   #178
Power Member

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoirFan View Post

The Legacy
The Car
Sentinel
SSSSSS
Dracula
Great list, I would be in for all those titles. Some like The Boy Who Cried Werewolf, I have not seen in at least 25 years!
Old 07-18-2012, 06:00 PM   #179
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2011
Milwaukee

I'd love to see "the Car!" Good call!

though I'd love to see a whole slew of things on my long list of wants... Critters, F13 4-8, etc...
Old 07-18-2012, 06:24 PM   #180
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2008
Guydowood, GA

It's a sure bet that when Halloween II & III street sales will be strong. Pre-orders are doing well thus far which means perhaps Shout will get rights to release Child's Play 2 & 3 , Bride & Seed and Psycho II & III........
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Tags
horror, scream factory, shout factory